Not sure if it goes here or not, but regarding the drop chart page...

Nightraven

Why not have the items on the drop charts also be links to the relevant pages on PSO-World.com? It's a little work but it would help make the information more accessible.

Obviously this may not be the right forum because I'm honestly not sure if this is purely for Ephinea, so I apologize in advance.

If it was indeed possible, that would be absolutely amazing for accessibility's sake plus it'd be free publicity for the under used wiki you have.

If it was indeed possible, that would be absolutely amazing for accessibility's sake plus it'd be free publicity for the under used wiki you have.

I'm sure it is possible simply getting in contact with the right person.

Anyone with basic knowledge of HTML coding would be able to do that too. And it wouldn't take much instruction for anyone with no clue at all.

PSO-W's info is good, but I think linking to Ephinea's wiki would be preferable, as the community would have more control over any changes needed over PSO-W's pages. And, well, maybe we won't exactly need to worry about outdated info? But having more direct access to whatever data we're pointing to is probably ideal.

PSO-W's info is good, but I think linking to Ephinea's wiki would be preferable, as the community would have more control over any changes needed over PSO-W's pages. And, well, maybe we won't exactly need to worry about outdated info? But having more direct access to whatever data we're pointing to is probably ideal.

Pretty sure that, for the most part, PSO-W would be just as good since items won't have stats outside of the listed stuff. That is to say that if the drop charts are changed, it simply changes what is linked. The items themselves aren't being changed.

Why link to PSOW when Ephinea wiki exists and can be better than PSOW?

Also, I'm not sure who manages their information anymore, but they might not want us to link to them to begin with.

Pretty sure that, for the most part, PSO-W would be just as good since items won't have stats outside of the listed stuff. That is to say that if the drop charts are changed, it simply changes what is linked. The items themselves aren't being changed.
The problem is that psoworld is just flat out wrong for a number of things. Look at the classes in the "Usable By" section for Proof of Sword-Saint: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2167

I'm sure there are more examples, but this was the first one that came to mind.

Also, this is the suggestions forum for the Teth server project. This thread should have been put in the Ephinea Suggestions forum (which is hidden under General, not exactly obvious when you look at the main forums listing).

Last edited:
The fact that people still link PSO-World, when its constantly criticized for bad information, when there's a wiki with up-to-date information baffles me.

It might not be complete, but that is why it's a wiki.

Not to mention the more in-depth data, like the included range, angle and hex values! Which may not be pertinent info for your needs, but having it there already puts it ahead of what PSO-W offers. The community controls what data ends up on the wiki, which gives it even better potential to tell a user what they need when they visit the page.

Also, having mismatching drop chart information could be confusing for newer members. Linking to the wiki pages ensures the data always matches.

Alright, I know I suggested PSO-W but the point was to make the overall information more accessible.

The problem is that psoworld is just flat out wrong for a number of things. Look at the classes in the "Usable By" section for Proof of Sword-Saint: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2167

I'm sure there are more examples, but this was the first one that came to mind.

Also, this is the suggestions forum for the Teth server project. This thread should have been put in the Ephinea Suggestions forum (which is hidden under General, not exactly obvious when you look at the main forums listing).

Yeah, I wasn't sure which one this went under and with the Ephinea-specific portion being hidden doesn't help.

It's not hidden though...

I meant "hidden" as in "not readily visible".

More specifically, one would usually expect "suggestions" of both types to be in the same category of "suggestions". Ephinea-specific suggestions are under "general".

I'll try to remember for later, though.

Back