Not buying a Nintendo Switch lmaooo.... Fuck off Nintendo.

y everybody hate nintendo :[[

• Fuck over all the legit players by denying our ability to transfer saves. In order to "prevent homebrew." ie: Schthack-tier gameguard.dll that isn't even gonna work, and just hurts the people who DON'T hack.
  • "Dead pixels are totally normal and not a defect" -> WTF lol. I mean fuck, Apple will replace a phone/ipad/etc for ONE dead pixel. And Nintendo? A resounding "maybe" and only if you complain enough I guess?
Nintendo used to be customer service king. That's legit all they had going for them. Now they're kinda failing even at that...?

Personally, I'm going to wait until closer to the release of Fire Emblem Warriors (I'm a fan of the Warriors series since Dynasty Warriors Online, which is why I wish I could get more Warriors titles outside of the ones released on Nintendo consoles (except for WiiU. Won't bother buying it since the Switch is out)/Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires PC) before I consider buying a Switch (I find myself playing on my 3DS more than my consoles and laptop, so...that should say something about portable vs. stationary for me). A few reasons for this:

1) Regrettably...I don't have a job right now and am looking for one. Though by the time FEWar is released, I should have a sustainable income to work with (assuming I don't have to take out any more loans before then). But for now, it's a little out of my reach, and it'd likely be better to wait and see how Switch sales go in the meantime.

2) There's not really any games that would justify me getting a Switch right now over another 3DS game/a new laptop. Only launch title that really has my attention right now is Breath of the Wild. I can buy Shovel Knight for my 3DS and play it on there, and the only other two games that have my interest (namely, FEWar and Sonic Mania) won't really be coming out until later in the year, so I can wait until those games come around to get a Switch.

3) Last, but not least, one of the biggest reasons outside of FEWar that I'm waiting to get the Switch: I'm waiting to hear news concerning the next main series Monster Hunter title after MHXX. I want to be ABSOLUTELY sure which console it's going to be on before I make any purchases. If I find out it's going to be on the Switch, perfect. I can buy the Switch and still be prepared (especially if I decide to pay the yearly fee for online play). If I find out it's not going to have a Switch release, that means I'll have to plan out my budget for it (and/or find a few noteworthy games if I end up having to buy a PS4/XBone to continue playing Monster Hunter). Personally hoping for the former, because I've become too used to the portability of the 3DS titles.

• Fuck over all the legit players by denying our ability to transfer saves. In order to "prevent homebrew." ie: Schthack-tier gameguard.dll that isn't even gonna work, and just hurts the people who DON'T hack.
I played through so many DS games 2-3 times cause i'd just wipe all my saves on my modchip when I wanted to use it for storage...
I just don't care about this issue I guess u.u

Last edited:
I played through so many DS games 2-3 times cause i'd just wipe all my saves on my modchip when I wanted to use it for storage...
I just don't care about this issue I guess u.u

Well when some games force you to play through the entire game to unlock hard mode.... *shrug*

I dun wanna play ezpz mode

I feel like you haven't bought a console in a very, very long time. Copy protected saves have been a thing since PS2. Gamecube had em too. Some understandably (PSO) others not so much (Melee.) Xbox 360 and PS3 were encrypting your saves from day one. Wii probably did too but I seriously cannot remember when I had an unmodded Wii so I'm just going to go with "probably"...
I don't think anyone has cracked PS4/XBO saves yet (some Japanese company on the PS4 maybe)

Not having some sort of backup is questionable, but so is the rest of the Switch. It's like a gimped Shield at an inflated price. The "dead pixels are normal don't worry lol" is pretty fucking shitty but Nintendo has been out of the customer service game for a while too. Not very surprising. It doesn't matter because Nintendo is dead to me until they make a worthy GX successor :oops:

It baffles me to think this is even that much of a problem. If you fucked up and deleted your own save that's all on you, the only exception is if the save corrupted from a game breaking bug. System bound saves have been around for ages and isn't anything new at all. Sounds like a lot of people reaching for excuses to me. Any Wii titles that went online couldn't even have their saves copied until it was hacked like Smash Bros, DBZ, Mario Kart, etc. It wasn't until only recently that people have been clamoring for cloud saves on everything and I can see the point in them, but how often are you planning on having your Switch get stolen or broken? Even if the latter happened you can send that in and have your saves restored. Purchases are even tied to your account so those can always be recovered on a new system, but I always felt like save data is just something that was meant to be volatile for lack of a better term.

Maybe I'm just getting old and remember the days of putting in my NES carts and dealing with Zelda and Final Fantasy losing their save data constantly because the system decided it wanted to go into a power cycle loop, or losing my Pokemon GSC saves because the little watch battery ran out of juice. Tilted that N64 cart a bit too much or lost your tiny Memory Card? Goodbye data, start over. We were pissed about it back then too but we still dealt with it anyway.

I mean I'm not trying to defend their less than stellar support but at the same time, for those few "dead pixel / broken screen" problems just return it to the retailer you bought it from and exchange it. Literally every retailer will do this for you, and on the off chance they don't, raise enough of a stink and it'll be taken care of. Nintendo's a bit out of touch, sure, but I'm failing to see why anyone is getting worked up over petty non-issues.

It doesn't matter because Nintendo is dead to me until they make a worthy GX successor :oops:

Miyamoto hasn't figured out how to cram a terrible control scheme into it yet. RIP Starfox. Fast Racing RMX is pretty good though, it's probably as close as we're gonna get to a new F-Zero for a long time.

If you fucked up and deleted your own save that's all on you

Actually it's kind of Nintendo's fault for having "new game plus" but having it only trigger once (on a non-hero file). That's bad design. I just assumed it would work like literally every other game in existence, and let me keep restarting indefinitely and carrying my shit over every time.

Two seconds on google could have saved you a headache, it's pretty well documented. Skyward Sword was terrible anyway.

Edit: I take that back, I'd rather play though Skyward Sword and the CDi games a million times than ever play though the abominations of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks ever again. God damn, that's a rant for another time. Zelda games were really in a rut for a couple years there.

Last edited:
Two seconds on google could have saved you a headache, it's pretty well documented

I wouldn't think to Google something so basic. I don't generally Google video games. I play them.

I love my Nintendo Switch! Zelda and Mario Kart are really top notch games. Looking forward to the future of the console!

I bought one for my partner for her birthday last week. She loves it. Personally I wanted her to test the water to see if I might want to buy one. I don't think I will though, I do all my gaming on my PC. Now that I drive and don't need to get trains and buses on a daily basis a handheld console isn't really much use to me. I wouldn't prioritise a handheld gaming device over my PC when I'm at home.

Plugged into the dock and running on our TV, Zelda looked bad. The lack of anti aliasing was really painful. I know a lot of people like to argue that graphics don't make a game. But they certainly can play a large part in hampering my enjoyment of them.

Ed

Back