Not buying a Nintendo Switch lmaooo.... Fuck off Nintendo.

falkenjeff

I have quit the game
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Game saves are not transferable.

Pros: (temporarily) prevents homebrew. (I say temporarily because people WILL figure out a way).

Cons: So now if I fuck up a save (eg: accidentally deleting my fresh hero mode save file in skyward sword, forcing me to replay the ENTIRE game on normal mode just to get a fresh hero mode save again), I can't download a new one....?

Yep not buying it. Not even for Splatoon. Fuck off Nintendo.

What is homebrew? Google gave me like 300 answers. Also, just don't delete it? ;)

What is homebrew? Google gave me like 300 answers. Also, just don't delete it? ;)

I assumed hero mode would also turn into new game plus (keeping my bugs, other items, and high scores).. But it doesn't.

And I only had 3 slots. And for whatever reason, I needed to get rid of one of them.

I'd rather just not buy the garbage console so I don't run into this issue on the Switch (on the Wii version I can download a new save to fix this - or if I want to get REALLY clever, I can modify the file and turn hero mode "off" and then beat the game on my end-game hero mode file to start another hero mode keeping my bugs/scores/etc)

Whats that mean, save files arent trasferable? And what problems? I might buy it but I wanna know if i should wait for the nintendo 3Dswitch XL

To be fair, this isn't new (at least, assuming I understand your complaint correctly.) On the Wii U, I remember Xenoblade X's saves were device-specific, so even if you had a backup saved somewhere or kept it on an external drive, and then the console broke, you were SOL. For a game that people sank hundreds of hours into, it's not very smart.

It's not even specific to Nintendo's home consoles, either. When I had my NNID changed from a Canadian one to a U.S. one on my 3DS, it involved Nintendo manually transferring the content from my old NNID to a brand new one, whereas I can change regions (once every six months) with the press of a button on my Xbox 360, and lose nothing. The only reason I didn't lose saves on digital copies of games is because I backed them up and restored them with homebrew. Of course, the lesson learned is to just not buy games off the eShop anymore.

I do love my 3DS, but Nintendo really needs to get it together (and they probably won't.) My bad experiences with the Wii U are why I'm shunning consoles, and returning to PC gaming primarily. When I can afford to build a decent gaming PC.

Whats that mean, save files arent trasferable? And what problems? I might buy it but I wanna know if i should wait for the nintendo 3Dswitch XL

If you have a Wii game and lost your save, you can go to www.gamefaqs.com and download someone else's save file and start the game close to where you left off (using an SD card).

If you have a Switch, you can't. Saves files cannot be moved to or from the console by any means.

Ohhh. Not too much of a problem for me then, i guess. I thought it was gonna be something super gamebreaking lol

All I got to say is thank god for the individuals who tinker with devices to provide home brew access. Saves probably can't be moved because they are encrypted to your systems nand.

The game is as good as you've heard. It's sooo addictingly good lol. Also the last time I downloaded a save game was like, a decade ago so I'm not too worried about that issue. I can see some circumstances where it would be useful to have the capability but I don't think that means you should miss out on future exclusives. Your choice of course!

No platform is worth buying for one game unless you buy into blind purchases, because with Nintendo's slow first party title support, and poor 3rd party relations that's what you'd be getting, A blind purchase. Wait to see more of the planned games.

No platform is worth buying for one game unless you buy into blind purchases, because with Nintendo's slow first party title support, and poor 3rd party relations that's what you'd be getting, A blind purchase. Wait to see more of the planned games.

Depends if your rich.

Assuming there won't be a price reduction in the near future, and if you don't have a Wii U like I didnt, the decision is largely based on: Do you want to play Zelda? Do you think whatever pitiful # of games that will come out in the future will make it worth it? I know only like 3 games this year will be worth buying. I'm fine with that.

Cons: So now if I fuck up a save (eg: accidentally deleting my fresh hero mode save file in skyward sword, forcing me to replay the ENTIRE game on normal mode just to get a fresh hero mode save again), I can't download a new one....?

Yep not buying it. Not even for Splatoon. Fuck off Nintendo.
Nintendo still doesn't have cloud based backups? RIP

I've never been a fan of the Zelda games so I'll be skipping the Switch until something that interests me releases.

Btw, I told y'all the console would be a hit worldwide.

Also the last time I downloaded a save game was like, a decade ago so I'm not too worried about that issue. I can see some circumstances where it would be useful to have the capability but I don't think that means you should miss out on future exclusives

I plan to replay Skyward Sword on a blank slate hero mode file (unless I can find a way to transfer all my bugs and shit from my current file).

If I did not have the ability to download/modify saves, I would never be replaying Skyward Sword ever again. I don't want to play "easy" mode.

So keeping that specific instance in mind, yeah... Nintendo can fuck right off with the Switch.

thx crowbcat

"Dead pixels are normal and should not be considered a defect." OFFICIAL LINK

5AXo0ZX.png

Watch your profanity. Well, it's your decision. If you don't want to buy it, then don't buy it. I'll probably buy the Switch when No More Heroes 3 come out, but once again, your decision.

y everybody hate nintendo :[[

Back