Nintendo Switch!

Funny how lots of people are saying that. Imo PS3/4 & Xbox/360/One are also just glorified PCs disguised as consoles but with waaaaaay less functionnality and no real advantages since now they have pretty much the same issues as PCs. Need to update all the time, hacking everywhere on the games/networks, generations getting outdated after around 5 years if we don't buy the new models (Scorpio or whatever) etc... And I won't even start on those Steam consoles. I'm glad Valve failed so miserably with those things. XD

Hold up, consoles have always been outdated after 5-6 years, just look at the Nintendo and Sega console timelines since the beginning. Even the Switch is coming out 5 years after the Wii U, which came out 6 years after the Wii. Lol

Also, PS4 and Xbox One have yet to be hacked, there currently is no hacking online going on in PS4 or Xbox One games. 360 and PS3 are dead so those don't really matter anymore.

Updating all the time is an issue? My PS4 and XBO update when the console is off (most likely the Switch will do the same as well) and they haven't been issues to me. I've been a preview update member on XBL for the last 2+ years and have been getting the beta updates almost bi weekly and they haven't been issues. I guess if you can't afford just average internet then I can see why it would be an issue, but you wouldn't be spending your free time playing video games if that was the case.

Yeah the update process has been pretty streamlined and is non invasive now, Microsoft and Sony have done a pretty good job of that in recent years. As far as hacking, it does indeed exist but it's according to game, not cracked consoles so bans will still stick. If I remember right there was a really large exploit on dark souls 3 on PS4 where everytime some guy cut someone they got banned. I wouldn't call that outright hacking but exploiting vulnerabilities is up there.

Last edited:
Hold up, consoles have always been outdated after 5-6 years, just look at the Nintendo and Sega console timelines since the beginning. Even the Switch is coming out 5 years after the Wii U, which came out 6 years after the Wii. Lol

My point is, back in the days, upgrading PCs was not as easy as it is nowadays. Now there's almost no point investing in consoles when you can get a new graphic card etc for a good price. So no advantage for consoles here. Not to mention that at least the hardware lasted more than 5 years very easily, can't say the same for modern consoles. I went through 3 Xbox360 in 6 years. Never had the same problem with my retro consoles from Sega and Nintendo. Lots of games now also require servers to really play them to the fullest and those servers rarely stay online for more than a few years, making the games obsolete very quickly in a lot of cases. Another prob retro games didn't have, at least not as much unless you count rare stuff like the BS-X addon games etc...

Also, PS4 and Xbox One have yet to be hacked, there currently is no hacking online going on in PS4 or Xbox One games. 360 and PS3 are dead so those don't really matter anymore.

Maybe the games aren't hacked, for now, but the networks can get shutted down very easily. And yes, I include PS3 in my post since it's not like it was 3 or more generations back. I'm talking about modern gaming in general, which is vastly considered to start with the Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox generation. Sony had a lot of problems with hackers (Anonymous etc) on their network a few years ago. Seeing how my friends were pissed off I'm glad I was already on PCs by that point. Again, no big advantage for consoles here.

My PS4 and XBO update when the console is off (most likely the Switch will do the same as well) and they haven't been issues to me.

Well if that's the case it's a very good thing they found a way to make the updates less "painful" to do. I remember when I was going to see some friends to play games with them, and having to wait 5-10 minutes or even more after booting the console sometimes. One of the things that made consoles appealing is that back in the days we just had to push the power button and that was it, boom, playing the game. No need to do the kind of stuff that PCs had to do like driver updates and all that stuff.

Still, for the small amount of exclusive titles on consoles atm, I really don't see the appeal of consoles when it comes to Sony and MS. I can almost always get the same games eventually or at least equivalent/better titles on PC. Also, I know that mods are starting to be a thing now on XOne but it's not quite the same as what we can do on PCs yet. And tho emulation is possible on consoles (no, I won't pay 500$ or more for stuff like Panzer Dragoon Saga) it's always more complicated, having to mod them etc... Again, PC wins imo.

Maybe I'll take a look at what Nintendo has to offer but like many of us already said on the thread, I'm kinda tired of cartoony games and stuff like that. Unless Nintendo really bring out the big guns, like a REAL new Metroid game, I'll pass even on the Switch.

My point is, back in the days, upgrading PCs was not as easy as it is nowadays. Now there's almost no point investing in consoles when you can get a new graphic card etc for a good price. So no advantage for consoles here. Not to mention that at least the hardware lasted more than 5 years very easily, can't say the same for modern consoles. I went through 3 Xbox360 in 6 years. Never had the same problem with my retro consoles from Sega and Nintendo. Lots of games now also require servers to really play them to the fullest and those servers rarely stay online for more than a few years, making the games obsolete very quickly in a lot of cases. Another prob retro games didn't have, at least not as much unless you count rare stuff like the BS-X addon games etc...

Maybe the games aren't hacked, for now, but the networks can get shutted down very easily. And yes, I include PS3 in my post since it's not like it was 3 or more generations back. I'm talking about modern gaming in general, which is vastly considered to start with the Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox generation. Sony had a lot of problems with hackers (Anonymous etc) on their network a few years ago. Seeing how my friends were pissed off I'm glad I was already on PCs by that point. Again, no big advantage for consoles here.

Well if that's the case it's a very good thing they found a way to make the updates less "painful" to do. I remember when I was going to see some friends to play games with them, and having to wait 5-10 minutes or even more after booting the console sometimes. One of the things that made consoles appealing is that back in the days we just had to push the power button and that was it, boom, playing the game. No need to do the kind of stuff that PCs had to do like driver updates and all that stuff.

Still, for the small amount of exclusive titles on consoles atm, I really don't see the appeal of consoles when it comes to Sony and MS. I can almost always get the same games eventually or at least equivalent/better titles on PC. Also, I know that mods are starting to be a thing now on XOne but it's not quite the same as what we can do on PCs yet. And tho emulation is possible on consoles (no, I won't pay 500$ or more for stuff like Panzer Dragoon Saga) it's always more complicated, having to mod them etc... Again, PC wins imo.

Maybe I'll take a look at what Nintendo has to offer but like many of us already said on the thread, I'm kinda tired of cartoony games and stuff like that. Unless Nintendo really bring out the big guns, like a REAL new Metroid game, I'll pass even on the Switch.
ive done some some homework now on the switch and what it comes down to for me is the 2 thing the specs and their games...if these do well im sold. im pretty sure others have been had this in mind.

what it comes down to for me is the 2 thing the specs and their games

Yep. I don't personally mind for specs if the gameplay's good but since it's what 3rd party devs and a lot people care about, obviously Nintendo needs to be serious about this one. And for the games well so far Zelda might be very interesting. I've been saying for a long time that they needed to step a bit out of the "standard" Zelda path and make a game more similar to what Bethesda's already doing for a loooong time now. That is a TRUE open world (much like the very 1st Zelda) that maybe could include some resource gathering mechanics etc... Been dreaming of that since a few years already, back when I was playing Oblivion with a recreation of Link as my character. It's a little late but seems like Nintendo finally understood that. They need to give fans what they've been dreaming of. Like I said on a previous post, a LOT of people would like to see a REAL Metroid game too and if they could come up with something as awesome as the Metroid Prime series again, I bet it would greatly help to sell the console too. I hope for the best and I'm really looking forward to see what they can come out with. :)

Yep. I don't personally mind for specs if the gameplay's good but since it's what 3rd party devs and a lot people care about, obviously Nintendo needs to be serious about this one. And for the games well so far Zelda might be very interesting. I've been saying for a long time that they needed to step a bit out of the "standard" Zelda path and make a game more similar to what Bethesda's already doing for a loooong time now. That is a TRUE open world (much like the very 1st Zelda) that maybe could include some resource gathering mechanics etc... Been dreaming of that since a few years already, back when I was playing Oblivion with a recreation of Link as my character. It's a little late but seems like Nintendo finally understood that. They need to give fans what they've been dreaming of. Like I said on a previous post, a LOT of people would like to see a REAL Metroid game too and if they could come up with something as awesome as the Metroid Prime series again, I bet it would greatly help to sell the console too. I hope for the best and I'm really looking forward to see what they can come out with. :)
yeah i can agree i think of this as like a final go around to make alot of people really satisfied with what they bring out. i really never was a fan of metroid but if they come out with one ill get it and i really hope Monster Hunter 5 or they bring over Monster Hunter Frontier but lord knows that will never happen along with pso2 sadly but hey we will see. my final thoughts on the specs is.
2k resolution (30fps or 60fps) with 4k video streaming 30fps (highly doubt that thing will be 60fps lol)
8gb DDR4
258GB HHD
Nividia *custom* Tegra processor.
other accessories etc etc...

Back