Nintendo Switch!

SeijinNoboru

IGN Seijin - Hidden Legend~
Guildcard
So how about that Nintendo Switch.. any takers?

nintendo-switch-partners.png

Last edited:
That looks tempting, hopefully has a good launch line up along witb 3rd party support and stop bekng different for the wrong reasons. Cool crossover, we'll see.

Terrible console track record means i'll be waiting for a while.

How bout you Seijin?

That looks tempting, hopefully has a good launch line up along witb 3rd party support and stop bekng different for the wrong reasons. Cool crossover, we'll see.

Terrible console track record means i'll be waiting for a while.

How bout you Seijin?
Indeed it does look tempting to get but the main thing for me is how is the battery life going to be? once you take it off its dock it has to have atleast 3 to 5 times the battery power to last a ling time, since they want to boast about the specs and all. and i agree on the 3rd party games they need to brush up on that as well as the online games they got. Really the best one they have is Monster hunter imo...but we will see and that "4k resolution" who knows if they pull that off well i will be buying this later on down the road.

@SeijinNoboru I didn't even think about bagttery life. Wonder what usb charger it will use. I carry a back pack so as long as it last about 5-6 hours were good, not sure about you.

I did see skyrim, but they need to open the doors like PS4 and get 3rd party and indies. They're online service is so arachnic it's silly. It's 2016 Nintendo, make a decent online environment, heck Xbox360 and PS3 have better online environments.

They have a lot of hurdles to jump through, but even if it falls short, it comes down to how good are the games they put out. I am excited to see a line up release. What's the date on this anyaay?

Edit: Exclusive MH not based off of X/Gen. Wii U really could of used a MH4U HD.

I have nothing, literally I have this shitty laptop only that runs PSO barely. I haven't actually owned anything myself since ps2 wow.... Well. I am totally considering buying this.

@SeijinNoboru I didn't even think about bagttery life. Wonder what usb charger it will use. I carry a back pack so as long as it last about 5-6 hours were good, not sure about you.

I did see skyrim, but they need to open the doors like PS4 and get 3rd party and indies. They're online service is so arachnic it's silly. It's 2016 Nintendo, make a decent online environment, heck Xbox360 and PS3 have better online environments.

They have a lot of hurdles to jump through, but even if it falls short, it comes down to how good are the games they put out. I am excited to see a line up release. What's the date on this anyaay?

Edit: Exclusive MH not based off of X/Gen. Wii U really could of used a MH4U HD.
Well it would be nice if it was a USB type C cable to make things easy and at times i do take my 3ds out places with me so having a portabe console in my pocket would be badass XD. and we will see if nintendo is willing to catch up on alot of stuff i have high hopes for this and the release date is March 2017. oh yeah the backwards compatibility is something we should get if we do i hope it we will get the 3ds games, also it would be nice to use an SD card for the downloadable games as well if so then IM SOLD!!!

I have nothing, literally I have this shitty laptop only that runs PSO barely. I haven't actually owned anything myself since ps2 wow.... Well. I am totally considering buying this.
you should i think this will be worth it!

They had me at "King Boo in Mario Kart 8"

I haven't actually owned anything myself since ps2

Same for me tho I got the Wii and really got some enjoyment out of it, even with the controller that almost everyone hates. Been playing games for a bit more than 30 years now so anything that's not a standard controller is refreshing to say the least. I enjoyed Force Unleashed a lot more on the Wii and the Prime Trilogy was great imo. When it comes to the other consoles from MS and Sony I just don't give a damn and just stick to PC instead since these consoles are just PCs disguised as consoles with WAY less functionality and almost no inovations at all. Call me a fanboy for saying that but it seems that Nintendo, even with their flaws, are the only ones that are actually trying to make new stuff and fresh gaming experiences. Now if only Sega could team up with them for REAL instead of making 3rd party games... ':(

Same for me tho I got the Wii and really got some enjoyment out of it, even with the controller that almost everyone hates. Been playing games for a bit more than 30 years now so anything that's not a standard controller is refreshing to say the least. I enjoyed Force Unleashed a lot more on the Wii and the Prime Trilogy was great imo. When it comes to the other consoles from MS and Sony I just don't give a damn and just stick to PC instead since these consoles are just PCs disguised as consoles with WAY less functionality and almost no inovations at all. Call me a fanboy for saying that but it seems that Nintendo, even with their flaws, are the only ones that are actually trying to make new stuff and fresh gaming experiences. Now if only Sega could team up with them for REAL instead of making 3rd party games... ':(
i had a wii and it was worth it and for sega that would be nice to see a team up. :D

Nintendo's biggest problem has always been lack of support and faith from the consumers and 3rd party devs. Almost everything that we take for granted today came from them in one form or another. First, they resurrected the video game market in North-America after the crash of 1982-83. Back on SNES they had satellite connectivity and downloadable content with the Satellaview addon. The SNES controller was also very well made for its ergonomics and added the shoulder buttons. They even started experimenting with 3D a lot with Starfox etc.. On N64 they brought back Joysticks on the controllers and added Rumble support, and with some nice implementations that I've not seen a lot since then (rumble for detectable secrets in Ocarina of Time etc). The N64 DD was also very promising but the game market started to be so rushed (thx $ony) that they just pretty much scrapped the project, saddly. On the Gamecube they refined the controllers, added analogic on the triggers (or shoulder button) and reintroduced wireless (Atari did it 1st on the 2600) that was mostly a shitty 3rd party controller feature before that. The Wii controllers, like it or not, worked great at least on their games and a few 3rd party games too. My Wii is moded with homebrew stuff and playing Quake with the Zapper is really fun tho a bit experimental I admit.

Like I said, it's always the same problems, lack of support from the exterior and the fans that are too greedy and want stuff to come out too fast. Before people complain about Nintendo maybe they should ask themselves what did Sony and Microsoft really did without simply copying Nintendo in the end. Damn, even the Playstation was Nintendo's project at first since they wanted to make a CD addon to compete with Sega's MegaCD.

Now in 2016: Thumsticks are on any controller and even on handhelds. Rumble is common on any console and, again, even handhelds had some stuff to emulate it in some cases (yeah it was even a thing on Gameboy Color with an addon). Motion controls are getting better and used by many devices like the HTC Vibe and Oculus, speaking of which, are kinda like the grand childs of the Virtual Boy that was also the result of experimental technology bought by Nintendo at some point. Online is implemented on every system out there... Seriously, people should almost kiss Nintendo's ass for all this instead of complaining imo. The others are mostly just waiting for them to do the dirty work by developing all those innovations and copy their work after that.

Want some good games in the futur? Support Nintendo and indies, drop the rest. The only BIG grudge I have against Nintendo is how they deal with their 3rd partys and also fan projects etc... They should hire those people and support their projects, not just shut them down. :p

Last edited:
Nintendo's biggest problem has always been lack of support and faith from the consumers and 3rd party devs. Almost everything that we take for granted today came from them in one form or another. First, they resurrected the video game market in North-America after the crash of 1982-83. Back on SNES they had satellite connectivity and downloadable content with the Satellaview addon. The SNES controller was also very well made for its ergonomics and added the shoulder buttons. They even started experimenting with 3D a lot with Starfox etc.. On N64 they brought back Joysticks on the controllers and added Rumble support, and with some nice implementations that I've not seen a lot since then (rumble for detectable secrets in Ocarina of Time etc). The N64 DD was also very promising but the game market started to be so rushed (thx $ony) that they just pretty much scrapped the project, saddly. On the Gamecube they refined the controllers, added analogic on the triggers (or shoulder button) and reintroduced wireless (Atari did it 1st on the 2600) that was mostly a shitty 3rd party controller feature before that. The Wii controllers, like it or not, worked great at least on their games and a few 3rd party games too. My Wii is moded with homebrew stuff and playing Quake with the Zapper is really fun tho a bit experimental I admit.

Like I said, it's always the same problems, lack of support from the exterior and the fans that are too greedy and want stuff to come out too fast. Before people complain about Nintendo maybe they should ask themselves what did Sony and Microsoft really did without simply copying Nintendo in the end. Damn, even the Playstation was Nintendo's project at first since they wanted to make a CD addon to compete with Sega's MegaCD.

Now in 2016: Thumsticks are on any controller and even on handhelds. Rumble is common on any console and, again, even handhelds had some stuff to emulate it in some cases (yeah it was even a thing on Gameboy Color with an addon). Motion controls are getting better and used by many devices like the HTC Vibe and Oculus, speaking of which, are kinda like the grand childs of the Virtual Boy that was also the result of experimental technology bought by Nintendo at some point. Online is implemented on every system out there... Seriously, people should almost kiss Nintendo's ass for all this instead of complaining imo. The others are mostly just waiting for them to do the dirty work by developing all those innovations and copy their work after that.

Want some good games in the futur? Support Nintendo and indies, drop the rest. The only BIG grudge I have against Nintendo is how they deal with their 3rd partys and also fan projects etc... They should hire those people and support their projects, not just shut them down. :p
well who knows what nintendo will show next as far as the specs goes now if they pull off specs that will live up to SWITCH then all they have to deal with then is the games they come out with and from what i just seen just might be worth it all.
ju7VRRN.jpg

Meanwhile on the Wii and Wii U rumble has been dropped entirely

There is a rumble included in the Wiimote tho I admit it's not always used very well (lack of support/creativity from 3rd party again):

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...Turn-the-Rumble-feature-on-or-off-244419.html

I never used the WiiU a lot so I didn't noticed. I'll take your word for it tho. They focused a lot on the screenpad, which can be cool when used properly in games, so maybe they tried to reduce cost and technical problems by doing that.

If I ever want to properly play Ocarina of Time again (without an emulator) I'm pretty much gonna have to buy a Gamecube and get the OoT + Master Quest discs off Ebay.

I have all the Zelda games here and those ports are meh. Glitchy sound etc... also the N64 analog is not emulated very well. Aiming with the Bow and similar items is more tedious because of that. Same goes for controlling Link while rolling as a Goron in Majora's Mask. Get the 3DS remakes instead if you can and don't mind playing on handheld while losing that sweet rumbling effet (damn it). Those ports are the best by far and include a few more things.

Pretty sure Sony did more for "online" than Nintendo ever did. Or heck, maybe even SEGA? PSO was like one of 2 online games for the Gamecube. There were no others. And I guess technically it came out on Dreamcast first, which has absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo. Sony had tons of online PS2 games during that era.

Nintendo and Sega were both the pioneers for online stuff on consoles. Leaderboards, downloadable games etc... Of course it's not the same as playing a MMO like WoW or even PSO but still, they were some of the first to experiment networking for consoles. A lot of those things were restricted to Japan so most people aren't even aware it existed. Stuff like the LINKS for the MSX or the Family Computer Network System for the Famicom. Sega did a lot of neat things too during the 8-bit/16-bit era with the Sega Channel etc. :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_online_games

Last edited:
I used to own those ports. They were fine. I preferred them over the N64 versions

Me too. Only thing I miss is the rumble as you pointed out. Everything else is equal or better from what I've seen in my playthoughs and I loved the little extras like the fishing ponds in Majora. :)

I like the concept on what the Switch is going for, but the problem is the controller you get for buying it, it looks small, but it's mostly design for the portable console so I get it, but when I play home, I would want the gamepad.

I'm meh to it, I'll make my decision when they reveal actual games and the specs. My judgement is more based on the specs. I wont buy another weak Nintendo console that tries to go the "non competitive" route because it never gets them 3rd party support. I mean...you cant even cite how much 3rd party support is onboard right now, because WiiU had that at launch too. "Oh look at all these 3rd parties who like it!...ooh where'd they go!!?". They vanished because the console was too weak to bother with. We'll see what they do with it, but after the last 2 console generations I'm kinda done with them.

Also, to add to what I said unless the thing is strong, and you can fully software emulate... you wont have backwards compatibility either. All previous Nintendo consoles were powerPC based on a special design they had a deal with IBM to use. the Switch as far as I've heard is said to be a ramped up nvidia tegra chip...so yea not happening as far as I can tell.

Back