New Quests: MU Episode 2

I could pretty easily do a straight up countdown timer in quests if there's enough of a demand for it. no time additions, just you have THIS time to finish OR ELSE.

plz no. Timers suck.

Yeah...I'd rather not have a timer in quests that don't naturally need them. Sometimes you have to go pee or take a short break if you've been playing for awhile. There's already enough stress in life. D='

LMB is a snoozefest?
Yes

Dolmolm Research is a poorly designed quest because there's too many Deldepths in small rooms. They can "cheat" by leaving the room but you can still be targeted by them. Putting Deldepths in rooms like that should be extremely limited. PW3 has the same issue with that side room. Bad design when they only way to "win" is to exit the room so they respawn. That's not real gameplay. You either have to wear ADR or risk dying to something that you can't fight back against, which is super dumb

I have never had to exit the rooms with Deldepths, what the hell are you doing?

I could pretty easily do a straight up countdown timer in quests if there's enough of a demand for it. no time additions, just you have THIS time to finish OR ELSE.
I'd love that. Doubt the rest of the server wants it from what I see in this thread though. :(

These are going to keep teh timers because they're the Episode 2 equivalent to MU, there should really be no discussions about if there should be a timer or not.

Also LMB is definitely very boring, it's just very simple patterns throughout like 40 minutes of questing.

These are going to keep teh timers because they're the Episode 2 equivalent to MU, there should really be no discussions about if there should be a timer or not.

Ya it's fine. Just don't add new timers to quests that don't currently have a timer (which is basically what @conenubi701 was suggesting) D:

Matt: I'm not saying we should remove the timers from MU; they're essential to that type of quest.

What I meant was we shouldn't go back and add timers to quests that don't have them.

40 minutes for LMB? A good party can crush it in 25 minutes.

How exactly is LMB any less reliant on patterns than any of Sega's MA quests? WoL2 is a the snoozefest because there's hardly any dangerous spawns. A few of you bag on Girth really badly, but when I'm "in the zone" playing either his quests or Sega's, I can't tell the difference.

Last edited:
Timers are too generous for most groups and with TTF being a thing I doubt many lowbies will give them a go. But since it's tradition - quality feature a++.

Quests are nice though. Decent Gibbles/Delsaber/Spigell hunt, just a bit salty Mericarols got the short straw again.. does nobody else like them?

:(

Don't want to put in the time and effort to change my reputation tbh.

Much easier to just play by myself. For every nice thing I do, all it takes is for someone to bring up one bad thing from my past to negate like 10 nice things.
What a God

Also LMB is definitely very boring, it's just very simple patterns throughout like 40 minutes of questing.
Why would we not have timers? Does it hurt anyone? Just keep it for our sake

and add a timer to 4-4

Back