New Quest Update

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
Hello Ephinea!

We are proud to present a new set of quests for you to enjoy, all created by @Ender. The following quests have been added:
  • New Halloween Quests: Temple, Spaceship and Jungle.
  • Episode 2 Sweep-Up Operation Series
You will find both of these series under Episode 2, under Halloween and Extermination respectively. As always, the Halloween quests will need one player to have a Halloween Cookie to play.

The boosts have been slightly adjusted as well, instead of +100% Rare Drop Rate, it is now +50% Drop Rate and +50% Rare Drop Rate, to give the drop boost more of a wider effect.

Each Halloween Quest will also now play a unique music track that only plays in that quest for some added atmosphere.

Thanks for playing on Ephinea!

I updated the Temple and Spaceship Halloween quests over the weekend to give a few extra of some popular monsters. Those changes should be going up later tonight so you may want to hold off on using your cookies on those quests until tomorrow (so sorry about that!).

For Sweep-up Operation, they're still in testing at this point but should be fully functional. I don't anticipate any major changes to Temple, Spaceship, or Seabed in terms of monster of box counts. CCA and Tower might have some small changes depending on the feedback because I'm not quite sure how they would play in a full party yet.

Timers are probably a little more strict than the EP1 Sweep-up's first release. Monster counts below...

Hildebear (Ep. II): 14
Rag Rappy (Ep. II): 30
Monest (Ep. II): 5
Poison Lily (Ep. II): 29
Grass Assassin (Ep. II): 13
Dimenian (Ep. II): 36
La Dimenian (Ep. II): 25
So Dimenian (Ep. II): 27
Dark Belra (Ep. II): 19

Savage Wolf (Ep. II): 38
Barbarous Wolf (Ep. II): 17
Pan Arms (Ep. II): 8
Dubchic (Ep. II): 37
Gilchic (Ep. II): 63
Garanz (Ep. II): 11
Dubswitch (Ep. II): 9
Delsaber (Ep. II): 22

Sinow Berill: 17
Sinow Spigell: 19
Merillia: 33
Meriltas: 23
Mericarol: 3
Mericus: 1
Merikle: 1
Ul Gibbon: 28
Zol Gibbon: 26
Gibbles: 5
Gee: 43
Gi Gue: 3

Deldepth: 15
Delbiter: 9
Dolmolm: 69
Dolmdarl: 39
Morfos: 16
Recobox: 23
Sinow Zoa: 19
Sinow Zele: 10

Mericarol: 6
Mericus: 1
Merikle: 1
Gibbles: 13
Gi Gue: 9
Ill Gill: 27
Del Lily: 26
Epsilon: 3
Delbiter: 10
Recobox: 22

Please report any bugs and direct any feedback on the spawn placements, rooms, and timers that you have. Most of my testing has been limited so there may be stuff I missed or didn't consider in EP2 Sweep-up. For example, the boardwalk area has no way to go back up top after you warp down, oops :oops:

Thanks!

EDIT: Full counts for the new Halloween quests. Bear in mind the Temple and Spaceship counts are for the new version coming tomorrow.
Hildebear (Ep. II): 21
Rag Rappy (Ep. II): 24
Monest (Ep. II): 2
Poison Lily (Ep. II): 38
Grass Assassin (Ep. II): 9
Dimenian (Ep. II): 29
La Dimenian (Ep. II): 23
So Dimenian (Ep. II): 16
Dark Belra (Ep. II): 21

Savage Wolf (Ep. II): 34
Barbarous Wolf (Ep. II): 19
Pan Arms (Ep. II): 7
Dubchic (Ep. II): 28
Gilchic (Ep. II): 51
Garanz (Ep. II): 18
Dubswitch (Ep. II): 7
Delsaber (Ep. II): 24

Sinow Berill: 17
Sinow Spigell: 15
Merillia: 28
Meriltas: 21
Mericarol: 6
Mericus: 2
Merikle: 2
Ul Gibbon: 30
Zol Gibbon: 21
Gibbles: 8
Gee: 31
Gi Gue: 8

Last edited:
Okay and some Sinows in SU4 Seabed get stuck in the ceiling if they don't jump LOL. I'll fix tonight/tomorrow sorry. They're still killable and can warp to fix their position.

EDIT: Somehow parameter 1 is 0 for a bunch of them so they have no spawn animation when they should. No idea how I missed those /shrug

EDIT 2: Okay, fixed all of the issues that I found today I think... They were
  1. No warp back for the boardwalk area (so you can go high to low ground and back).
  2. A rappy in the first dark maze room was too close to the wall.
  1. P2/P4 spawning in would trigger second wave for P1/P3's start room.
  2. Some Dubswitch positions weren't fully inside the door way.
  1. Floor panel switch has no feedback that you've hit it.
  1. Fixed the handful of Sinows that were lacking spawn animation.
  2. Moved the recoboxes from the third room away from the wall by two units to make them easier to target.
  1. Two recoboxes were hard to target on the ramps and moved away from the floor a couple units.
  2. Clearing the 4 recoboxes on floor 4F didn't disable the fog collision effect.

I think that's it. Hopefully I can get these fixes uploaded sometime tomorrow after I test them on my own server. If you found something else or something that should be changed, let me know. I'll probably adjust the timers after a few more days of play testing these quests.

The Temple and Spaceship Halloween quests should be the latest version on all ships now. So they should reflect the enemy counts posted above.

Last edited:
Fixed versions have been uploaded to all three ships with the changes I mentioned in my previous post in this thread. Let me know if you run into any issues or have any feedback.

As usual, those only drop from the Halloween Rappies.
Ahhhh OKies~! Mew still has one and the new players Geek out when they see her show it off like "OMG! We can get those?!!" XD! <3! Mew'll then show off the easter eggs and Xmas presents....they're Hyped up! <3!

I tested the new cookie quests earlier and the jungle area was full of color ^^
Yes because the black and white filter in PSOBB does not work reliably in CCA and Seabed. It's also disabled in the Seabed quest. It probably also doesn't work in Tower but I never tested that area.

Here's what it looks like if you enable it in that room in the cookie quest.
angle_one.PNG

The enemies and some areas aren't affected, but it looks pretty good otherwise. But after turning a few degrees to the right...
angle_two.PNG
And it's completely gone.

It's like that with a 100% base client too. It's even worse in the other CCA areas.

LOL I love Sega. They even have callbacks to their own bugs!

You can't have dark rooms in Cave 2 on V2, because the fog breaks the darkness fog effect. Darkness works in dry rooms in Cave 3, but the wet rooms have the same bug as Cave 2. Sega fixed that in GC, but apparently the black and white mode conflicts with the advanced fog effects in Episode II. Poor Sega. xD

Back