New* Player Mag Question

Guildcard
Hello! I played PSO about 20 years ago but never played through it because I never had a way to play it for too long.

I have a Steam Deck now and I want to play through episodes 1, 2 and 4. I have a FOnewm, and I was wondering about a mag for him.

I only plan to play through each episode, and maybe come back every once in a while. Can I get through all the episodes with just leveling up the mag I started with, or should I create a mag on a Ranger character instead? I plan to focus on techs, and I'm not opposed to using guns to leech TP.

I saw the mag builds suggested on the ephinea wiki, but I also saw PSO-World recommended Nidra or Sato, which require starting on a Ranger.

I apologize if this is a simple question. I've just seen a lot of different suggestions for FOnewm and I'm not sure what I should do. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. If you read this, thank you for your time.

Hello! I played PSO about 20 years ago but never played through it because I never had a way to play it for too long.

I have a Steam Deck now and I want to play through episodes 1, 2 and 4. I have a FOnewm, and I was wondering about a mag for him.

I only plan to play through each episode, and maybe come back every once in a while. Can I get through all the episodes with just leveling up the mag I started with, or should I create a mag on a Ranger character instead? I plan to focus on techs, and I'm not opposed to using guns to leech TP.

I saw the mag builds suggested on the ephinea wiki, but I also saw PSO-World recommended Nidra or Sato, which require starting on a Ranger.

I apologize if this is a simple question. I've just seen a lot of different suggestions for FOnewm and I'm not sure what I should do. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated. If you read this, thank you for your time.
*POUNCES and looks over the Taco-san with a warm giggle~!* Yes, Sato MAGs are Arguably one of the most popular FO MAGs. And of course to Make them requires handing them over to different classes (RAnger) for feedings. You already have the mindset for what lies ahead of you....However, what none of the guides will tell you is how EXTRA SQUISHY and Dirt POOR FO's start off as! Soooo, it's prolly best to has your Ranger not only be on paw to feed the MAG but halp raise your FO as well! Meseta, items, and supplies are easier with someone who can kill stuff from a Distance TP FREE! XD! So to answer your question, a Ranger MAG might be quickest and cheapest to focus on NOW and then build the FO later? <3!
Step 1
  • Make a GREENNILL, BLUEFULL, PINKAL, ORAN, or WHITILL Ranger. The color of sato will be the same color as the baby mag, so use the mag color guide. This ranger needs to feed the MAG when it evolves at level 50. Any ranger can do the feeding when the MAG reaches levels 10 and 35.

Sato's cuter, but Nidra's better. FOnewm is one of the more complicated classes to plan a Mag out for; if you're just generally playing, you're probably fine raising the default important stats/min-max Mag. What section ID is your FOnewm?

Thanks Harborer and Ryan for your responses.

I might do a combination of both your suggestions since I already started a ranger and wow, it is much easier to clear stuff in the beginning.

I didn't understand section ID's before I made my FOnewm, so he's Bluefull. After doing some reading, I see a lot of people recommend Purplenum for specific rare drops. I also saw that Ephinea allows you to change your section ID once before level 20, which is great so now I don't have to make a new character.

Do either of you recommend Purplenum, or since I'm only playing generally to see each episode, should I change to another Section ID?

Thanks again!!

Back