New job and other ranty stuff

Archivebit

fourwordsalluppercase
Guildcard
So recently I closed my shop down, stopped doing a lot of things for the community, and just a whole mess of things. I've decided to tell everyone why, now that I have had some time to deal with it all.

Back when I posted my selfie in the selfie thread (even thought I knew not to, i did anyways, w/e) I had multiple PM's for NSFW things, which is really not a big deal...but shortly after that I was Doxxed by a player here. Attacking me on facebook, my other email addresses and twitter (kudos for finding me I suppose)...Currently this is the only game I really play, or even have time to play, and it occurred just after posting my photos. They attempted to blackmail me, saying they would release info about me to places, in attempt to get NSFW photos of me. I told them to fuck right off, if they were that dedicated they could find stuff on the internet from my younger years, and waste their time.

Since then I have dealt with players who have basically hated on my shop. While I played the buy/sell game, any extra PD that I made went to giving new players items, in order to make the curve of starting not so steep. It is very hard to start this game if you have no one to back you. Elitists wont play with you. You die a lot soloing, hunting for your items that everyone else has 100 of. So I buy stuff that newbies need and I give them what they need in order to NOT QUIT this game within a week. It comes at a cost, which isnt even that much. But when all the doxxing nonsense happened I got PM'd and bitched at in game over stuff in my shop and what not, so I was just done. No shop, no item giveaways. New players post on price checks and ask questions that older players and elitists do not answer, or answer snidely...which doesnt help.

Lastly I am in transition of getting promoted at my job. I am currently a Systems and Network engineer at a tech company and I am working to move into a managerial position doing similar work with a team underneath me. I usually play 9am to 4pm CST, any weekday..but that is likely going to change and my playtimes may vary greatly depending on what new roles I need to absorb. And with all the crap thats been happening lately, I dont find myself being as sad about playing less as I originally expected.

Thanks to the few players that I love and talk to nearly everyday (you know who you are as well), hopefully things dont change for me too much, but who knows what is in store for me.

Back when I posted my selfie in the selfie thread (even thought I knew not to, i did anyways, w/e) I had multiple PM's for NSFW things, which is really not a big deal...but shortly after that I was Doxxed by a player here.
You should totally sue this person if you haven't already. I was far from thinking it could get this morbid.

That is some pretty terrible harassment Arch and it really hurts me to read that. I'm really sorry that this happened to you. To the person who is undoubtedly reading this post - grow up!! If you get away with this, count your blessings because the real world will not be as forgiving. I'm proud of you Arch for coming out and saying this, and not backing down from the community. You're one tough chick.

package_favourite.png

That is some pretty terrible harassment Arch and it really hurts me to read that. I'm really sorry that this happened to you. To the person who is undoubtedly reading this post - grow up!! If you get away with this, count your blessings because the real world will not be as forgiving. I'm proud of you Arch for coming out and saying this, and not backing down from the community. You're one tough chick.
Thank you <3

I like tough chicks. :D

Hope you'll find your place in your new position. It'll be a great experience for your future too.

I'm not as great as certain to make great speech so I'll just say, you go girl ! And go to hell the weirdos.

So recently I closed my shop down, stopped doing a lot of things for the community, and just a whole mess of things. I've decided to tell everyone why, now that I have had some time to deal with it all.

Back when I posted my selfie in the selfie thread (even thought I knew not to, i did anyways, w/e) I had multiple PM's for NSFW things, which is really not a big deal...but shortly after that I was Doxxed by a player here. Attacking me on facebook, my other email addresses and twitter (kudos for finding me I suppose)...Currently this is the only game I really play, or even have time to play, and it occurred just after posting my photos. They attempted to blackmail me, saying they would release info about me to places, in attempt to get NSFW photos of me. I told them to fuck right off, if they were that dedicated they could find stuff on the internet from my younger years, and waste their time.

Since then I have dealt with players who have basically hated on my shop. While I played the buy/sell game, any extra PD that I made went to giving new players items, in order to make the curve of starting not so steep. It is very hard to start this game if you have no one to back you. Elitists wont play with you. You die a lot soloing, hunting for your items that everyone else has 100 of. So I buy stuff that newbies need and I give them what they need in order to NOT QUIT this game within a week. It comes at a cost, which isnt even that much. But when all the doxxing nonsense happened I got PM'd and bitched at in game over stuff in my shop and what not, so I was just done. No shop, no item giveaways. New players post on price checks and ask questions that older players and elitists do not answer, or answer snidely...which doesnt help.

Lastly I am in transition of getting promoted at my job. I am currently a Systems and Network engineer at a tech company and I am working to move into a managerial position doing similar work with a team underneath me. I usually play 9am to 4pm CST, any weekday..but that is likely going to change and my playtimes may vary greatly depending on what new roles I need to absorb. And with all the crap thats been happening lately, I dont find myself being as sad about playing less as I originally expected.

Thanks to the few players that I love and talk to nearly everyday (you know who you are as well), hopefully things dont change for me too much, but who knows what is in store for me.
JEEBUS H Christmas!! Sorry you're hasing so much trouble and Drama Arch-chan! Concentrate on your new job and brush the asshats off like the dirt they are and carry on! Just know your mew and your team will Still be here waiting for you with warm open paws! <3 =3

That is unbelievably effed up.
I bet with the kindness and generosity you demonstrate in game you will be an amazing and nurturing team lead. Congratulations on the potential promotion, it sounds like you more than deserve it, and your company is lucky to have someone like you.

Sorry you went through so much mess, I'm glad you spoke up about it instead of letting it mentally overwhelm you.

On the better note of things, congratulations on your promotion.

Last edited:
Jeff, tell her how you feel about bullying, prolly same same as harassment/attempted blackmail

Jeff, tell her how you feel about bullying, prolly same same as harassment/attempted blackmail

How do I feel?

I never thought someone would be bullied/harassed harder than I was. And just for being a girl? That's beyond sad.

Especially since Arch is like, 1000x nicer than me and doesn't deserve it at all.

Welcome to why I just dont post pictures and let people assume what they want about me. Helps to not have a camera but yeah...report the creeps imo. One thing you gotta learn about the PSO community is that it's kind of "back water" in terms of quality of people, so you will get those kinds of creeps. Lord knows I've dealt with a ton of them. Hope you dont quit though, from my experience you've been a pretty ok person so far would hate to see more people go.

Also about the economy shit, ignore them. The PSO community has always had people attempt to regulate prices to fit their own needs. Go about your business and let them cry.

Back