(NEVERMIND I WAS WRONG) Fix floor remappings for episode 4.

falkenjeff

I have quit the game
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Based on new information, I am completely wrong about how this works (the list I pulled isn't related to high % drops at all).

Subdesert 2 (Dab) and I'm pretty sure subdesert 3 (Agastya?) have been confirmed to have high hit % weapons drop, and despite hundreds of weapon drops from seaside, none have had a single percent above 70 in my seaside runs.

Spoilered everything. This thread can be ignored. I'm ASSUMING this is how it works:

If anyone with knowledge wants to actually confirm, this is what I (think I) know about how it actually works:

Low percents in everything not listed.

High percents (potentially 75%-100%) in the following areas (brackets = unsure):

Forest 2
Caves 2
Caves 3
Mines 2
Ruins 2
Ruins 3
(Dark Falz?)

Temple Beta
Spaceship Beta
(CCA after you unlock the main door?)
(Tower 1?)
Tower 2
Seabed Lower
(Olga Flow?)

(Crater interior?)
Subdesert 2
Subdesert 3
(ep4 boss?)

I'm not sure, but I remember Sodaboy said the floor remappings worked like this:

Crater East -> Temple Alpha
Crater West -> Temple Beta
Crater South -> Spaceship Alpha
Crater North -> Spaceship Beta
Crater Int -> Jungle North
Desert 1 -> Jungle East
Desert 2 -> Mountain
Desert 3 -> CCA/Seaside
Boss -> Seabed Upper

Based on this text file (with hit% being 5% now): http://files.pioneer2.net/percents.txt

EDIT: removed stuff in spoiler, read my new post later in the thread
Assuming this affects "drop chance for high weapon percents" (90+ hit caliburs), level 30 tech disks, etc, this also means episode 4 drops worse items than episode 1 and 2 (since episode 4 doesn't even get to the highest tier - "seabed lower/ruins 3"). Also looking at percents.txt, "boss" is never differentiated for episode 1 or 2.

If that assumption is correct, I suggest shifting everything so episode 4 ends on "seabed lower" (essentially just remove temple alpha)

Crater East -> Temple Beta
Crater West -> Spaceship Alpha
Crater South -> Spaceship Beta
Crater North -> Jungle North
Crater Int -> Jungle East
Desert 1 -> Mountain
Desert 2 -> CCA/Seaside
Desert 3 -> Seabed Upper
Boss -> Seabed Lower

Also a viable solution is shifting everything by 2, so that desert 3 and boss both use Seabed Lower (kind of like episode 1 and 2 - how "boss" isn't its own floor):

Crater East -> Spaceship Alpha
Crater West -> Spaceship Beta
Crater South -> Jungle North
Crater North -> Jungle East
Crater Int -> Mountain
Desert 1 -> CCA/Seaside
Desert 2 -> Seabed Upper
Desert 3 -> Seabed Lower
Boss -> Seabed Lower

And somewhat related to this: I'm not sure how "tech disks from boxes" is handled, but I suggest that episode 4 boss boxes should be able to (at a low chance, just like everything else) drop megid/grants level 30, if they can't already. I'm not sure if this solution fixes that, or if that's actually an entirely different thing.

(Buff PoD lol)

Last edited:
megid 30 has been found from pod boss boxes and I remember UNO finding it at the end of fiasco once (subdes 1?)

megid 30 has been found from pod boss boxes and I remember UNO finding it at the end of fiasco once (subdes 1?)

You're sure it was the boxes? I remember someone finding it from the boss before (shambi/kondi dropped it themselves - not the box). But that was soooooo long ago it could have been when we were mapping to episode 1 too.

I just want to make sure episode 4, the "hardest episode," is actually dropping proper top tier items and that the floor remappings aren't gimping it. Not sure if Matt knows how all that works or not. I sure don't (obviously =P).

@Matt 's recent post made me realize this affects high hit weapons as well (assuming Olga Flow uses seabed lower, and Falz uses ruins 3, saint/shamb/kondi is the only "final boss" that has non-rare-weapons capped at 70%).

There are 6 stat patterns in the .gsl file (or 5... I can't remember if it goes 0-5 or 1-5);

In the areas themselves, the earlier areas will use patterns 2-3, while the later areas use pattern 4. Pattern 2 will have a lower chance of getting a hit high piece of weaponry, and I'm pretty sure it might be impossible to go over 70% (I'd have to double check), but the later areas with pattern 4 can get all the way up to 100 after tekk.

Rares use pattern 5, same table across all areas.

The above patterns are for the likelihood of getting a certain percent number as well, whereas the chance of getting a specific attribute varies on area as well, but it is 5% across all areas here.

Also @Matt I was wondering if you could clarify something. Does episode 2 work like this?

Temple Alpha -> low hit% (up to 70)
Temple Beta -> high hit% (up to 100)

Spaceship Alpha -> low hit% (up to 70)
Spaceship Beta -> high hit% (up to 100)

Jungle North -> low hit% (up to 70)
Jungle East -> low hit% (up to 70)
Mountain -> low hit% (up to 70)
CCA/Seaside -> high hit% (up to 100)

Seabed Upper -> low hit% (up to 70)
Seabed Lower -> high hit% (up to 100)
Boss (Seabed Lower?) -> high hit% (up to 100)

I also bolded CCA because that whole entity has always confused me. Does that table get used for CCA, seaside, and all of tower? (Meaning high hit weps in all 3 of those places?).

Assuming all the above info is correct, and assuming episode 4 is mapped to mirror episode 2 with regards to this specific thing (and I'm not wrong about all this), that means episode 4 is currently mapped like this (high hit areas bolded):

Crater West -> Temple Beta
Crater North -> Spaceship Beta
Crater Int -> Jungle North
Desert 1 -> Jungle East
Desert 2 -> Mountain
Desert 3 -> CCA/Seaside
Boss -> Seabed Upper

I'm not sure what the best way to fix this is (without angering the community and/or causing confusion when it comes to hunting obscure drops like materials and level 30 techs), but imo Crater Interior, Desert 3, and Boss should all drop high hit weapons. I'm still relatively new to ep4, so I don't know how crater east/west/south/north really works and whether it makes sense for them to drop high hit weapons, but I think the following would be best in the effort of causing least disruption to the community:

Crater West -> Temple Beta -> high hit
Crater North -> Spaceship Beta -> high hit
Crater Int -> Seabed Lower -> high hit

Desert 1 -> Jungle East
Desert 2 -> Mountain
Desert 3 -> CCA/Seaside -> high hit
Boss -> Seabed Lower -> high hit

Although if that's broken for whatever reason, it may be better to just make people rage and use something like this:

Crater West -> Seabed Upper
Crater North -> Jungle North
Crater Int -> CCA/Seaside -> high hit
Desert 1 -> Jungle East
Desert 2 -> Mountain
Desert 3 -> Seabed Lower -> high hit
Boss ->Seabed Lower -> high hit

Although all of this sounds like "too much work" and also sounds like it would require Sodaboy/Tofuman. Thoughts @everyone? Just feels like if all my info was correct and not wrong, then episode 4 isn't as polished as it could be. So is this all how it works, or am I talking out of my ass?

Last edited:
Based on new information, I am completely wrong about how this works (the list I pulled isn't related to high % drops at all).

Subdesert 2 (Dab) and I'm pretty sure subdesert 3 (Agastya?) have been confirmed to have high hit % weapons drop, and despite hundreds of weapon drops from seaside, none have had a single percent above 70 in my seaside runs.

Spoilered everything. This thread can be ignored. I'm ASSUMING this is how it works:

If anyone with knowledge wants to actually confirm, this is what I (think I) know about how it actually works:

Low percents in everything not listed.

High percents (potentially 75%-100%) in the following areas (brackets = unsure):

Forest 2
Caves 2
Caves 3
Mines 2
Ruins 2
Ruins 3
(Dark Falz?)

Temple Beta
Spaceship Beta
(CCA after you unlock the main door?)
(Tower 1?)
Tower 2