More Character Slots

Jase

NOTE: Thought this was the ephinea suggestions, woops
I'd like to have a few more characters without having to make a secondary account. I was on a private server once before (very briefly, didn't get to play much at all) and it allowed 8 slots. This was a few years ago though. Can't remember which one it was.

But yeah, allowing more characters to be made would be cool!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about this private server where they allowed 8 slots, but you can only have 4 selectable on the character select screen without heavy client modification, which I'm sure they did not do.

It may be possible in the future to add a command to the ship which can change the "page" of characters shown at the next login, but more than 4 at the screen itself isn't possible right now without further looking into the PSOBB client code.

That's exactly what the other server did (I forget which it was), but you had 5+ slots and they weren't visible unless you used a panel on the website to switch what slots were displayed by the game.

Figured as much, that's semi-ghetto, but could be done. There's probably a better solution, though.

Ver 1 PC didn't exist. ;) But, Ver 2 on PC had quite a number of slots.

Figured as much, that's semi-ghetto, but could be done. There's probably a better solution, though.
Maybe have a command ingame that lets you switch slots? Or possibly login through the launcher and have an option on there?

As of now, I only play 1 character of each class. If this were somehow possible, this would increase my playtime by 4 times since that would actually give me a reason to play every single class without making a ton of accounts. This feature would be a godsend.

An option through the launcher to switch characters "banks" is probably possible, yeah.

Using a website panel to switch character slots does sound sort of ghetto. If it was somehow one of the launcher tabs would be pretty cool.

Ok these are cool but. Hear me out.
What if we had a third bank. The global bank. This bank would use a user defined password that anyone could access with that password. And the owner could change that password at any time.
Then you could manage every single bank you had (tied to your e-mail) through a launcher page.
Like, then you could also have five levels of permissions. Stranger, Team Member, Team Leader, Team Master, and Guild Card Friend. I guess six because owner would need to be one. Then you could make that global bank into a number of things - a team bank, poor people box, transfer tool, etc.

well honestly i'm talking out of my ass but that would be cool huh

Man, what? That is super complicated and how did that end up in a topic where we're just talking about extending the amount of characters you can have on your account? lol.

Hey man my ass makes really complicated, cool things. You should take a look sometime... :)

I'm not sure about this private server where they allowed 8 slots, but you can only have 4 selectable on the character select screen without heavy client modification, which I'm sure they did not do.
For some reason this read like an accusation that I'm pulling this out of my rectum. I recall hitting the down arrow on my keyboard and having more than 4 slots, stopping at 8. Perhaps I'm a multiverse being with recovering amnesia.

No it was definitely 8 slots. It was about the only thing I remember too, and I didn't play it much afterwards due to a computer upgrade leading to me not spending any time in the server.

I did recently do a quick google search but came up with nothing, so I haven't a clue where it was. And I'm fairly certain I never made an account on Ultima.

Last edited:
Back