Montague not adding hit to enemy weapon

honeydrew

Mom
Guildcard
hello all. thanks in advance for helping.

so heres what youre supposed to do to unlock adding hit to enemy weapons:
http://www.pioneer2.net/community/i...nvert-enemy-parts-to-weapons-and-add-hit.362/
credit to NDW for ctrl+V

what i did on ult in chronological order:
complete quests 9-1 through 9-4
complete 9-5 making sure to talk to montague and elenor in the big pit room until they both run out of dialogues
unlock Doc's Secret Plan (do first three quests on One Person Mode then Secret Delivery)
complete Doc's Secret Plan
go to Dr. Osto's Research and talk to Montague to verify that he can convert my enemy parts, including the conversion process done with a dragon's claw
complete 9-5 making sure to talk to montague and elenor in the big pit room until they both run out of dialogues -again-

and Montague in Claire's Deal 5 still is giving me the same old dialogues when i talk to him with Bringer's Rifle +9 and 3 Photon Crystals in inventory: "Hey, it's Crystaeve, right? ... I see you're using my homemade weapons with care. Ha, ha, ha."

Pls help. i need brifle with hit

Last edited:
You're supposed to do 9-5 after unlocking enemy part conversion, this is what I told you. Did you not do this?

i did do this. i went and redid 9-5 again making sure to talk through with montague and elenor. sorry i forgot to include that. still doesnt work.

I can add hit for you later tonight if you want? I don't think I did anything different so I'm not sure why you can't add hit.

try it on a different difficulty?
do ep1 missions first > ep4 missions > ??? > add hit >

that would be lovely of you but wait until i give up on fixing it first lol.
bump for issue still being completely unresolved. Pls
You might as well give up.

Although I'm sure you probably did (or thought you did) do the steps correctly, something was probably not followed correctly.

We're not going to correct your character or flags, so either you wait for someone else to add the hit for you or you try again.

You might as well give up.

Although I'm sure you probably did (or thought you did) do the steps correctly, something was probably not followed correctly.

We're not going to correct your character or flags, so either you wait for someone else to add the hit for you or you try again.
thank you for the response. i am going to go with andy's solution. ill post updates in case it really is a bug and not my mistake.

update:
i went through and did all the gov quests including 9-5 on normal (after unlocking conversion) and the issue is fixed. bringers rifle 20h is upon me and i am basking in its glory.

a possibly important note though: when i did it this time montague and elenor stopped me to talked to me just before i left desert to finish the quest and this did not happen when i did it in ultimate mode either time. it may be significant that i took the optional Merissa A room and cleared it out before attempting to leave when in normal, and i did not do this in ult.

thanks @Andy for the simple solution.

It might have to do with the "NOTE: Finish the inner circle part where Dr Montague is located ASAP." part, or you might be right and needed to do the Merissa room, I haven't tried enough times to see. And I think the extra cutscene at the end only appears if you fulfill the requirements... I may be wrong though.

It might have to do with the "NOTE: Finish the inner circle part where Dr Montague is located ASAP." part, or you might be right and needed to do the Merissa room, I haven't tried enough times to see. And I think the extra cutscene at the end only appears if you fulfill the requirements... I may be wrong though.
true. i guess i overlooked the asap part but it doesnt specify anything like how fast or failure time etc.

Back