Modify "/matreset" Command

NDW

03:US/Fodra:02-11
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
Currently, "/matreset" command resets all materials (except HP/TP materials).

I propose an additional feature for this command:

"/matreset #"

"#" is a number between 1 and 5

This command needs to be executed twice to confirm.

1: Power
2: Mind
3: Evade
4: Defense
5: Luck

Plz do this. I think resetting individual categories is enough of a cost. You are likely going to need to reset multiple categories if you're redoing your mat plan regardless.

Last edited:
I'd love this so much as well. It'd help me experiment with some builds without becoming too heavily invested in one from early on. I had used about 10 Luck Materials on my first go, but I didn't think things through and used a few Evade Materials by accident when I was first leveling my RAcast. When I had to /matreset, that was about 10 PDs down the drain. o.o;

Don't get me wrong, though: I still love the fact that we can even do this mat reset to begin with. It's still one of my favorite QoL features of the server as we've all been there where we needed to respec before in both this game and other games, too. It's definitely a lot better than creating a whole new character again, for sure! ;D

I concur with Aki's sentiment. n.n

Another idea to keep it a single command each. Could just have a command for the individual stats.

/resetdef
/resetpow

etc...

To be fair, Sandbox is there for experimenting with builds. I firmly believe that a mat reset should be a full mat reset. We need more "sinks" to bring the value of items back up in this EXTREMELY deflated economy. (This is because the population couldn't agree to raise the PD drop rate...)

Anyway, another good PD / Material sink would be to add a vendor that removes 1 used material (of your choice) for 1-3 PDs (Admin would have to decide). That way, if you mess up your character by 1 material, you don't have to do a full mat reset. But if you messed up like 30 to 40 materials, then it would better to do a full reset.

The proposal in the OP is too lenient considering how common materials are, and we don't need prices going down more.

The last thing we need is another PD sink, especially one that costs 1-3 PDs per material.

This modified /matreset is actually a great idea for helping people keep a few more of their PDs, since if they do decide to reset, they're spending PDs on one or two types of material instead of all of them.

I agree with Ade, as it is, mind mats are worth less than 1/10 of a pd, and power mats are well on there way there. Not that many mats are reset, id imagine, it's something to keep them worth even picking up.

bad idea because it will cause the demand of certain materials (like lucks) to drop further and thus people will sell at lower rates ... gg economy

actually idk how often mat resets happen here but i still stand by my point

Ryan: If you're concerned about another PD sink, then perhaps we should eliminate that idea, but also hold steady to the notion that a mat reset requires a FULL mat reset, as a partial mat reset would could decreased demand for mats and deflate the economy further.

Material resets are not exactly a PD sink because PDs are not removed from the economy.

@Matt : Ryan was saying that my idea for having a shop that charges you 1-3 PDs to remove a single material in lieu of doing a full mat reset WOULD be a PD sink. Sorry for any confusion.

Oops, I missed that.

Anyway, personally I'm not opposed to the original idea by NDW, but this one will be up to Soda.

I would argue that it might cause more people to drop PDs if you could reset an individual mat category. I personally have mat usage I am not happy with, but can never really be bothered to reset everything since it is a chore.

I am willing to bet there are many who would drop some PDs to reset a couple categories, but would remain complacent with their mat plans otherwise since it's a pain to reset everything.

I'm personally not going to undo 38 luck mats and 100 power just to tidy up a mistake with my defense and mind mat usage.

This needs to be a thing

It doesn't 'need' to be a thing exactly; it is ultimately up to the admins when it comes down to implementation. This is just a suggestions forum after all, and I'm sure they see all the feedback and can decide on these things on their own. :)

I'd say it'd be a nice addition to an already QoL feature, but is it necessary? Not really. Especially if that time spent on this addition could be better spent implementing more important stuff atm. I think the way it stands right now is good enough and works much better than recreating your character over, if I had to be honest. All of that is just my own opinion on the matter, though.

As an example, Phantasy Star Zero implemented a Reset Material you could use to reset all of your material stats and that is precisely how the /matreset command already works.

Reactions: Ade
It doesn't 'need' to be a thing exactly; it is ultimately up to the admins when it comes down to implementation. This is just a suggestions forum after all, and I'm sure they see all the feedback and can decide on these things on their own. :)

I'd say it'd be a nice addition to an already QoL feature, but is it necessary? Not really. Especially if that time spent on this addition could be better spent implementing more important stuff atm. I think the way it stands right now is good enough and works much better than recreating your character over, if I had to be honest. All of that is just my own opinion on the matter, though.

As an example, Phantasy Star Zero implemented a Reset Material you could use to reset all of your material stats and that is precisely how the /matreset command already works.

I wish we could still play PS Zero :(

Like...online, I mean.

Reactions: Ade

I was using hyperbole to show support for an idea that I like. Lmao.
None of the added features are necessary.

upload_2018-5-16_9-40-2.jpeg

Back