Minsc's PSO Journal

Bit of an update.

Run 6 - PD x 3, Red Mechgun 0/0/0/30/25

Somewhere else I snagged a Demon's Laser 0/0/0/40/40

In order to be more reasonable I'm attempting to clamp down on my play time. My aim now is to do one quest a day. It's so very tempting to play longer. Alas, I know it is not to be.

Right now I'm thinking of rotating between each of the HBR MAE's, Fiasco, a TTF and joining a random normal-vhard game to help some lower levels out. I'll call it a lesson in delayed gratification.

A bit of a make over. I was looking over some images of Yesterday from Ep. III and I noticed her Ephinea edition seemed a bit off. This off-ness has been sitting in the back of my mind ever since I made her on this server.

Here she is in her Ep. III glory.

Minsc-Wave.png
Yesterday-Lord.png

Those official, tiny GameCube screencaps. They may still be small but Ep. III took far better pictures than Ep. I&II.

Now, let's get Ephinea Yesterday.

Yesterday-Light.png

By my eye her skin is too light and the hair is wrong. The body size is harder to judge and it's not something I'm going to worry about.

Now for the makeover.

Change from skin tone 1 to 2.

Yesterday-Darker.png

Hair change.

Yesterday-Hair-Old.png

Yesterday-Hair-New.png

Yesterday's Yesterday.

Yesterday-Make-Over.png

I call myself content. :)

Sato Journey

I put together a list to raise a level 100 Sato a while back.

2019-04-30-10-32-57.jpg

It's an export of a Magatama feeding plan which I condensed to fit on six pages. The other day I wandered into SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko's Sato Mag Guide over at PSOWorld. Guessing it would be simpler than the list I put together I made a Magatama feeding plan based upon it and began formating it as above. About 10% through my mind decided it wasn't worth the work and had a much simpler method available.

Here's what I came up with.

20190428-213659.jpg

Pretty snazzy I must say.

Deciding which colour to aim for can be tough. I put together a little comparison to aid me.

Sato-Choices.png

I decided on the one labeled "mint green", which is seems to be called turquoise in game. Now the raising begins. :)

Been away from the server for quite a while. I wonder if 2019 was the last I played? One thing I can guarantee is I do not have a Sato.

Bumped Yesterday up to LVL 175 yesterday.

Yesterday is now LVL 177.

Yesterday, I was doing a run through December Disaster when (in maybe the last room) I saw a Hildetorr standing out from the crowd. Seeing as I'm not overly educated on the drops I was curious as to what I'd get. To my surprise it was a Frozen Shooter with 20h. :) At 30h tekked it's the highest level of a FS in my inventory to date.

I'm fast approaching the halfway point for EXP with Yesterday. This means it'll be high time to play with some of my alt characters. Currently I'm thinking I'll focus on my HUcaseal nanashi and my FOnewearl Day. nanashi is was my GameCube main so I have a soft spot for her. I could go with Minsc my HUmar who was my original character on the Dreamcast but Yesterday is already a human and I want an android. Day will round things out by being a both a Force and Newman.

Welcome back Minsc !
It's a good idea to write a campaign journal to keep records of games, feelings, etc.
I've had for a long time. Maybe I'll do it here, or on a private blog.
I'll read the stories of your next adventures.

EDIT : It's great to play a character for so long. Personally I've been playing Meier since the Dreamcast days (I still have the Dreamcast & the VMU Meierlink Lv 146).

I have considered a private blog in the past but decided for something like this I might as well just do it in a place of actual relevance to the topic at hand.

I still have the not VMU but third party mem card with Minsc saved on it packed away with my DC n it's original box.

Back when I was playing a few years ago I was in a different space and decided to erase my GameCube memory card which housed nanashi so that version of her is no more.

You'r right, it's a better place here, because there is more visibility and possibility of interacting with other players.
Oh cool, maybe we'll see each other, one day, on Sylverant or elsewhere with our Dreamcasts.

It's safe to say my DC is likely boxed up for good. I have little ambition to do the work needed to go online. Also, Ephinea has enough QoL features that make things easier for my fast approaching middle aged self.

Yesterday is now 178, the real grind is near. Just for fun I tried Ep 4 on anguish 10. It's like going into ultimate on DC ver2 all over again.

Did a December Disaster run earlier with some fellows and received a The Sigh of a God. Not sure how practical a weapon it is but it looks cool.

This morning I spent time figuring out what I was doing to raise a Sato four years ago. Eventually I re-read my old post and noticed mention of a guide on PSOworld. Pretty easy to do right now, simply feed antidotes until LVL 35.

I will miss the Diwari since I do like the look of it. Unfortunately it provides no invincibility.

Back