Minsc's PSO Journal

Minsc

Guildcard
Hi,

I decided to make an open journal here to help keep myself in check when playing this game. A lot of time has passed since I was 19 years old in 2001. Realistically I can not expect myself to play the same same way I did then.

Long term goals:

- Complete C-Mode on both Ep. 1 and 2

Next target play date: Dec. 12, 2018

Edit: Feel free to move this to off-topic if it's thought to be a better fit there.

Edit 2: Thoughts and reasons for making a standalone journal. The idea to make a stand alone journal came from a combination of Alakaboom's thread and journals on addictions recovery forums. Essentially it's something a little more personalized to me in which others are free to partake in.

Last edited:
In a way, back in 2001, both helped grow and inhabit my social skills. Perhaps it would have been better if I enrolled in a college or university. At the time I was yet able to work up the courage to make the phone calls to get my drivers license. That's just how I was. Conversing on the IGN Boards and PSO was me getting out there and socializing. It was still a hurdle to cross. I had played Blizzard games like Diablo II and StarCraft online prior. PSO was a whole other beast. The experience running with my avatar and having my own speech bubble attached gripped me. I can remember mom coming in one time while I was playing and recommending I go out and meet new friends. My response was that I was meeting new friends, in PSO. Today I can look back and see how detached I was from the people in PSO. Honestly, I can see how that translates over to my life in general. Perhaps it's all the learning process of understanding what a friend is. Forever learning.

Last night I wandered into YouTube and searched up the latest PSO lets plays. If I actually want to play PSO this is something which I need to axe. I do not want to feel guilty about neglecting other responsibilities when I hop Online. There's the choice of watching people play or actually playing. I choose to play.

In a way, back in 2001, both helped grow and inhabit my social skills. Perhaps it would have been better if I enrolled in a college or university. At the time I was yet able to work up the courage to make the phone calls to get my drivers license. That's just how I was. Conversing on the IGN Boards and PSO was me getting out there and socializing. It was still a hurdle to cross. I had played Blizzard games like Diablo II and StarCraft online prior. PSO was a whole other beast. The experience running with my avatar and having my own speech bubble attached gripped me. I can remember mom coming in one time while I was playing and recommending I go out and meet new friends. My response was that I was meeting new friends, in PSO. Today I can look back and see how detached I was from the people in PSO. Honestly, I can see how that translates over to my life in general. Perhaps it's all the learning process of understanding what a friend is. Forever learning.

Last night I wandered into YouTube and searched up the latest PSO lets plays. If I actually want to play PSO this is something which I need to axe. I do not want to feel guilty about neglecting other responsibilities when I hop Online. There's the choice of watching people play or actually playing. I choose to play.
"One of US.....One of US....One of US!...." XD! Mew totally gets your position. She had used PSO as a social therapy as well. Come to find out mew is as infectious' IRL as she is online. Bubbly purrsonas, loving nature, and kind acts apply to IRL as much as when u log on with virtual strangers! <3. You'll be Better than "Fine" here dear! <3 ......BTW...what time period on NOV 18th???? Mmmmmmph? >=3

Around 2008, a few years after dropping out of high school, PSO was pretty much my go-to place to boost my confidence and people skills, on-top of helping me with my English. I owe it quite a bit to the game and it's people for what I am these days.

I guess we’re sharing stories about our social awkwardness and how PSO factors into that huh? Well for a good portion of my life I lived basically in total isolation. After I graduated my family moved out to the country and I was almost always home either by myself or with my mothers abusive boyfriend. There was nothing around in walking distance and I had no means to afford a car so for years I was more or less completely alone. Eventually I moved out but my social skills had totally atrophied. I didn’t really know how to talk to people and I’d become so shy I didn’t feel comfortable even trying, despite me being a bit of an extrovert who doesn’t want to do anything alone. This also went on for a few years, I had a roommate but he was pretty much the only one I interacted with. I’ve been slowly getting better over the past year and joining PSO, making friends here and hoping in voice chat in the Diamond Dogs Discord have all been big steps for me (even if I do have a bit of an internal freak out before actually joining a voice chat every single time.) So I too am using this game in lieu of a therapist.

Last nights play session has come and gone.

The good:

- Helped a couple entry level hard difficulty users through TTF. To help me remember people I'll see if I can recall who they were here. There was a HUcaseal named 019 and a FOnewearl named AstralLuna. Overconfidence lead to my own death at falz on the first attempt. D:
- After, I did a couple TTF runs on Ult. This time the only player I remember the name of was a HUcaseal named something like Razcheal.
- I gained two levels. :)

The not so good:

Played longer than was best, should of went to bed 45 min earlier. Had gotten on to reading about material planning. Until now I had been holding off feeding the non-HP mats.

My next intended play session is Nov. 26th. See you all there. :)

PSO night tonight has come to a close. I took Yesterday on and ran a couple quests with some fellows. I believe their names were Pixl, Jack, and SA.

Tonight I gained:

- Morning Glory 0/0/0/30/30 *
- Demolition Comet 0/0/35/25 *
- Demon's Ripper 0/0/0/0/55 *
- Amplifier of Blue
- Photon Drop x 1

* Tekked

Next play session: Tuesday, Dec. 4th.

So, last night ended up being a bit of a null night. I couldn't get myself into the mood to enjoy playing. Perhaps due to my grandmother having a stroke over the weekend and now being in the hospital. Did manage to slay the Sil Dragon a couple times so I did accomplish something.

In other news, I have gotten word of a new RAmarl named Yesterday. To this person I only have one thing to say. Welcome! :D

Hey Minsc, hope things are going well with you. I hope PSO improves your mood. Let me know if you want to play sometime!

Whew, been getting too sucked into the game. It's time to step back.

Here's some recent finds which come to memory.

- Laconium Axe 0/0/25/15/0
- Frozen Shooter 25/0/15/0/15

I knew I picked the correct name. :D

"
19:33:45 Enter 01:US/Fodra:01-01
19:34:33 Enter 01:US/Fodra:01-13
19:34:55 42001976 Dr.Gregman hi
19:34:59 42001976 Dr.Gregman yesterday
19:35:02 42001976 Dr.Gregman is it tomorrow alrady
19:35:06 42001976 Dr.Gregman no wait
19:35:08 42001976 Dr.Gregman its friday
19:35:10 42001976 Dr.Gregman sorry
19:35:13 42001976 Dr.Gregman your name lends itself to
19:35:13 42025675 Yesterday Not yet.
19:35:17 42001976 Dr.Gregman time jokes
19:35:20 42001976 Dr.Gregman but
19:35:22 42001976 Dr.Gregman when will then be now?
19:35:27 42001976 Dr.Gregman :O
19:35:32 42025675 Yesterday Just a moment, it'll be Tomorrow soon enough.
19:36:10 Enter 01:US/Fodra:01-01
19:36:14 Enter 01:US/Fodra:01-13
19:36:28 42001976 Dr.Gregman oh god
19:36:30 42001976 Dr.Gregman xD
19:36:33 42025675 Tomorrow :D
"

Did some Fiasco yesterday.

Run 1 - Photon Drop x1
Run 2 - (DC'd during mines) - Materials
Run 3 - Present (M&A Vise 50h), Present (Anti-Dark Ring), Stag Cutlery 0h
Run 4 - Present (Luck Material, maybe?), Heavenly Legs, Hitless M&A Vise x2
Run 5 - Bunch of hitless Dragon Slayers, Present (Daisy Chain 15h)

Also did a MAE: Gal run with Sheik the RAmarl and Ojutai the RAcast. It was a bit difficult but we pulled through. During this run I snagged a Heavenly/Arms.

Reactions: Wil
Back