Minimum ata for Ultimate?

MagSnuggles

My buddies and were talking and it got me thinking… is there a general number for an overall minimum ata requirements to land the majority of heavy, heavy, heavy attacks in online ultimate mode? Is there a safe ata threshold to mostly hit all your heavy attacks? I know this will definitely vary quite a lot. But I didn’t know if there was a general number to shoot for that is considered a “safe” amount if ata to have to land most heavy combo attacks. Especially in episode 2 and 4.

Also- Is there a common ata minimum for special attacks? I’m sure this is way higher?? I really enjoy playing on my Hucast and trying to decide what I should be looking for in terms of his over all ata with weapons and how much hit I should be striving for on my swords and guns and such! Haha

I haven't done any math on this or whatever, purely anecdotal here, but I've generally always found reasonable success in Episode 1 Forest-Mines with 200 ATA (HUmar). Anything beyond that in Ep.1 is a miss for HHH. You can reliably hit NHH with 190 or higher I think on most things barring the highest EVP enemies.

Obviously in Episode II and IV the lower in the areas you go the higher the EVP, and thus, higher than ATA minimum requirement will be to hit combos more reliably.
You can almost never get enough ATA though if I'm honest.

Very true! The more ata the better! Thank you so much for your thoughts! I'm finding that when my hucast is rocking a solid 300 ata, I'm usually in the clear with most of my heavy hits too.

H1 is way harder to hit than you might expect. Even a RAmar, the highest ATA class in the game, cannot hit H1 in Forest on a hitless Spread Needle 100% of the time, for example. Of course, with Hit% he can do it, but you can imagine just how much Hit% the HUs and FOs would need to hit H1.

Luckily, H1 isn't that important most of the time.

Hucast has quite poor ATA to balance out his high ATP. I am not sure what level you are, but S-Parts is a must to help mitigate this issue (+15 ATA) and once you get to level 180, red ring will give you +20 ATA.

My advice for Ultimate would be try to max his ATA to 191 as soon as you can, using your mag, at least 1 heavenly/arm unit and then use S-Parts to get 15 ATA on top of that. Even then ATA can be a little bit of an issue against some enemies.

Also keep in mind that for HUcast, high hit weapons will make more of a difference, because they are boosting from a lowish starting point (compared with someone like RAmar who already has 249 base).

Additionally, as a general rule, you shouldn't be starting most attacks with hard attack because it will miss too often. Usually NHH or NHS is best, although there are some situations with slicers where SNS can be best due to a glitch.

Finally, cheap 50% hit non-rares can also help a lot when you are starting out, things like 50h charge vulcan and 50h charge diska are only 1pd each and very effective at helping with the ATA problem.

I have played a lot of HUcast and that is all just my experience, I hope that helps!

I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.! it’s just nice to have a good ballpark number to shoot for. Obviously the more hit/ata the better.

Back