Milestone permanent event is now ON.

Sodaboy

Sodabob
Staff member
Guildcard
OK! So, now we're officially doing the ongoing permanent kill milestone event.

During the milestone event, it's the server player base's job to beat the record of the previous week in order to obtain rewards for the following week.

You can see the current week's progress at http://ephinea.pioneer2.net/counter_read.php

The actual rewards are usually the same every week. Though, occasionally, there may be an item reward for reaching an exceptional goal.

Also, kills are counted until next Saturday 0:00 UTC. Once 0:00 UTC hits, the weekly counter resets. Bonuses will be applied during maintenance that follows on the same day.

Yea, HC would be 4x, since they get the boosts on top of their native boosts.

Ducks said:
Sodaboy said:
event n such

seems like a pretty cool idea

thanks for this

Agreed! This is actually a pretty badass idea, I think. It definitely incentivizes people to play just that bit more, esp people like me who have been putting other things ahead of PSO atm lol

Doesn't look like any of the goals will be hit this week. I guess I set the goals too high, plus lower amount of players due to burning out and also Fallout 4 (among other games). Next week will be easier, at least. :p

Now I have to figure out what to decide for next week...

If anyone wants to give suggestions, just post 'em here.

a few suggestions for this milestone event:
I think the kills should only count for Ultimate.
and there should be kill counters for each player, and each player would have to reach milestones like 200,500,1000,2500,5000,10000 and so on.
and they would be rewarded for doing so much because right now people dont feel motivated to carry an entire server by doing realms of war on normal mode or something. however if you give players solo killcounts they would have more of a reason to participate. and the rewards for each milestone could be different or unknown even and it changes very week. so for example you could win a monogrinder for 200 and 5 pds for 5000 or a pc at 2500 and so on. maybe even a weapon.
the serverwide killcounts dont have to change you can just add that. and you give the players a command to see how many kills they have for this week.

its just something i thought of off the top of my head but i hope it's something you'll consider because as of right now farming pds/pcs is very hard due to how low the playerbase is :p

sorry my post is all over the place im not good at posting walls of text xd

I got you... actually, I was planning to do some sort of leader board thing anyway. Don't know if it will be ready by tomorrow, but I had started coding for different ones to keep track of different things based on guildcard #.

Dunno if these are possible to do but here's some ideas:

• Increased meseta drop amount
  • Increased rare drop rate for only
    • rare enemies
    • bosses
    • minibosses
  • Decreased enemy stats/resistances
  • Increased non-item quest rewards like MA points, Lucky coins etc.
  • Increased kill gain rate for unsealable items
  • Drop rate/XP boosts if playing in a party
  • Global attack/cast speed boost
  • Global weapon range boost

Esc said:
Dunno if these are possible to do but here's some ideas:

• Increased meseta drop amount
  • Increased rare drop rate for only
    • rare enemies
    • bosses
    • minibosses
  • Decreased enemy stats/resistances
  • Increased non-item quest rewards like MA points, Lucky coins etc.
  • Increased kill gain rate for unsealable items
  • Drop rate/XP boosts if playing in a party
  • Global attack/cast speed boost
  • Global weapon range boost
Pretty much everything on this list is possible... but I'd doubt I'd change any of the attacking or weapon data for a reward.

Why would you only want drops increased for rare enemies or bosses vs. a global drop rate increase? Just wondering.

The kill gain increase is a good idea, though, as is meseta boost.

Sodaboy said:
Why would you only want drops increased for rare enemies or bosses vs. a global drop rate increase? Just wondering.

Perhaps the boost could be bigger if it's limited to only some enemies, but mainly it's just to add more variance to the list of rewards and make them more interesting.

Ive been busy getting used to the xbox one elite controller on battlefront and fm. Feels so nice lol.

I agree with only Ultimate counting.

The easiest way to prevent Normal mode spam while not completely shafting new players is to simply use a scaled point system instead of kills so that killing enemies on higher difficulties awards more points than killing them on lower difficulties. New players can still contribute, but people can't abuse the system by spamming Normal mode at level 200 to rack up points. (Alternatively, you could only count kills on a 1:1 basis if the player's level is appropriate for his current difficulty. If a player who is eligible for a higher dificulty continues to play on Normal, you could penalise him by dividing his kills by some factor to mitigate his ability to rack up kills.)

How will the Liberta Kit be distributed? Once per account, or IP (if that's possible)?

edit: Nevermind, I read the bottom of the page.

makinaz said:
How will the Liberta Kit be distributed? Once per account, or IP (if that's possible)?
this is why i suggested items being in solo kill counts, and the kills only counting in ultimate.
the event is permanent so newbiess have an incentive to play on the next one, or level up fast enough to participate in this one. i don't see how that's a problem...

Back