Meseta sinks

falloutdc

Guildcard
Hello,

I noticed there is a thread to unlock meseta hardcaps allready :) As we all know mesetas are kinda worthless especially the more you play and access higher difficulties .On dreamcast V2 the maximum was 1 million mes only meseta sinks was for the tekker (way to cheap) and dropping your weapon and mes on the floor on dead . I would like to propose some meseta sinks to add some value to meseta, maybe lowering meseta drops in higher tiers aswell?

Idea 1.) Meseta sink daily,weekly,monthly timed XP boost for meseta.

It could be a singleplayer quest to unlock say a 1 hour 50% etc. xp boost or a global event where everyone donates a set amount of meseta for a server wide boost.

Idea 2.) Server Weekly,monthly,quarterly lotteries .
A lottery with where say each 100k meseta represents 1 ticket. Winning items could be semi rare items, mag mats, xp booster, titles

Edit1

How about unlocking special quest with mesetas

"As we all know mesetas are kinda worthless especially the more you play and access higher difficulties."

Not true. Meseta is used a lot by those who raise mags and those who use weapons such as Charge Vulcan, Charge Raygun, and Charge Arms.

Yeah Charge weapons have me constantly low on Meseta, and my main is 123. @_@

NDW said:
"As we all know mesetas are kinda worthless especially the more you play and access higher difficulties."

Not true. Meseta is used a lot by those who raise mags and those who use weapons such as Charge Vulcan, Charge Raygun, and Charge Arms.

Or those who use vjaya.

I think it would be nice to be able to buy perks like mentioned in the first post.I think 50% exp is a bit excessive though. I'll list some things I think would be nice to be able to buy. Obviously prices would have to be high on some of these, but I think just the ability to do these types of things would give more meaning to meseta regardless of what the cost might be.

Personal
1. 1% drop rate increase for 24 hours.
2. 2% exp boost for 24 hours.
3. 5% tekking boost for 24 hours. For example, being able to tekk +/- 15% instead of 10%.
4. Material reset.

Server Wide
1. 3% drop rate increase for 24 hours.
2. 5% exp boost for 24 hours.
3. 10% tekking boost. for 24 hours. For example, being able to tek +/- 20% instead of 10%.
4. Custom quests. For example, some non vanilla quests could be unlock for a certain amount of time.
5. Events. For example, being able to buy generic events that would take place such as 150% exp, double drop rates etc each with there own length of effect.

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. I totally forgot about the mag breeders :p if you breed mags all day you may run out of meseta sooner or later .

What if you could pay 100,000 - 250,000 meseta for a 2x rare/exp multiplier that lasts for only one created party or quest. (former might be too OP since you can clear all free areas before loading a quest, getting too much mileage off that boost.
You could also put Photon Drops in a store for 50,000 each in an ult-level shop listing. (4,950,000 meseta for a photon sphere isn't that gamebreaking, right?)

Also wasn't there an epIV quest that had a sizable Meseta cost to get in?

5 million meseta for a Photon Sphere is extremely gamebreaking.

And yes, Realms of War in Episode 4 requires between 10,000 to 40,000 meseta to play, but nobody plays it except to unseal, because it doesn't drop anything (drops are disabled).

Mr J said:
What if you could pay 100,000 - 250,000 meseta for a 2x rare/exp multiplier that lasts for only one created party or quest.

That would actually be pretty cool. Maybe something like an option when loading the quest to pay the fee to double the drop rate or something.

Matt said:
5 million meseta for a Photon Sphere is extremely gamebreaking.

And yes, Realms of War in Episode 4 requires between 10,000 to 40,000 meseta to play, but nobody plays it except to unseal, because it doesn't drop anything (drops are disabled).

Too bad, RoW is the best designed (Multiplayer-)quest out there and, probably, the only challenge for most people in this game.

A photon sphere should technically be worth 24,750,000 meseta.

Neanderthal said:
Too bad, RoW is the best designed (Multiplayer-)quest out there and, probably, the only challenge for most people in this game.
How is a quest with hundreds of enemies in one room per floor designed well? It barely has any design at all. :p

Back