May's HBR

Ceri0n

Guildcard
Guildcard 2
As you guys know, this HBR is about EN4, PW3 and WOL4.

Since EP1 has not changed at all, the thing you should be hunting for is a Spread Needle with a shitload of hit. There isn't any other rare you can hunt there well in my opinion. Though, with a lot of DAR you can hunt some nice Caliburs with also a shitload of hit which goes well when forming a Dank Flow (pun intended). Purple, Green, Yellow, Redria and Skyly are all valid ID's.

Well, PW3 has Monkey King Bar on Redria and Pinkal. Red has Yunchang as well as does Whitill and Bluefull. You could be trying to get a Zanba with hit (which is always a good thing) on blue, sky, oran and yellowboze (the latter is from Sinow Zoa, the other drops are from Sinow Zele). Delbiter drops Psycho Wand on Bluefull. Skyly has some other niche goods as well like Twin Blaze.

WoL4 is a nice change up. Sof, Ignition cloak and Diska of Bravemen drop there on Whitill. Rage du Fue drops from Girta (which is the strongest non-uber non charge mechgun that drops). V101 drops on Viridia, Greenill, Yellowboze and Whitill and v801 drops on Oran, Purplenum (Pazuzu) and Pinkal.
If you want a cheap ass TJS then Berdysh is an easy hunt as well with the same special on Bluefull.

Overall, I feel Whitill is still the ID to go, however, if you have a high DAR party Green or Red is are good ID's as well since HS drop.

Since the dropcharts are new I might have missed something. Please don't hesitate to add if you missed something.

Last edited:
EN4 also has Guardianna, which sells really well with 40 hit or more. Such a good weapon! :3

Nice topic, as usual!

ATM Blue seems to be by far the best ID for PW3 because it gets Yunchang, Zanba, and Psycho Wand with Soul Banish as a fun little sidequest.

ATM Blue seems to be by far the best ID for PW3 because it gets Yunchang, Zanba, and Psycho Wand with Soul Banish as a fun little sidequest.

Yeah, it does miss out on that MKB though but I guess you are right.

Double post but, I'd also recommend Purplenum for EN4 because it gets Guardianna, SN and Bringer's Arm.

But most importantly, the first 5 IDs (Viridia, Greenill, Skyly, Bluefull and Purplenum) have an 82% chance to get a non-rare untekked in Ruins 1. Everywhere else, and all the other IDs in R1, usually has a 20% chance (roughly) to get an untekked weapon, meaning doing R1 on these IDs is the easiest way to get high-hit non-rares too.

I feel like it was probably a typo (and should have been 22%, since that is what R2/3 are), but that's just how it is in the files.

But most importantly, the first 5 IDs (Viridia, Greenill, Skyly, Bluefull and Purplenum) have an 82% chance to get a non-rare untekked in Ruins 1. Everywhere else, and all the other IDs in R1, usually has a 20% chance (roughly) to get an untekked weapon, meaning doing R1 on these IDs is the easiest way to get high-hit non-rares too.

this is interesting. can 100 hit stuff be found in r1 though? or does it cap before that?

R1 is when 100 hit stuff starts appearing, although only one percent on a weapon can roll that high.
R2 has 2 percents that can roll that high, and R3 has 3 percents that can roll that high, although their special rates are much less.

But the untekked rate is like 4x better in R1, meaning it's the best rate overall.

Random note as well: Rares do not follow this pattern. You can find 100H rares everywhere, even on normal difficulty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eva
Double post but, I'd also recommend Purplenum for EN4 because it gets Guardianna, SN and Bringer's Arm.

I feel like it was probably a typo (and should have been 22%, since that is what R2/3 are), but that's just how it is in the files.
Not to further derail the main discussion but I have to ask: why do IDs from Redria onward NOT have the same untekked weapon rate in Ruins 1? Or why is it that the first 5 IDs have what appears to be a +62% untekked rate? Seems there's a lot more to this tidbit than you've let on.

Because that's simply how it was in the GC file.

The final 5 IDs (Pinkal onwards) have always had a slightly lower rate at untekked weapons, although it's usually just 1%, but the first 5 have a +60% boost in Ruins 1 only.

That is so random, but very good to know. I was thinking of farming Vulcans with Whitill, but Purplenum will be the way too go.

What about other areas? Is Seabed just as good; or does that bonus apply to Ruins only?

It also applies to the maps which are the same floor as Ruins 1, which are:

- Seaside
- CCA
- Sub Desert 3

I've been meaning to make a thread with all the information about drops but it's a lot of information and I'm lazy...

It also applies to the maps which are the same floor as Ruins 1, which are:

- Seaside
- CCA
- Sub Desert 3

I've been meaning to make a thread with all the information about drops but it's a lot of information and I'm lazy...

Thanks a lot! Such a thread would be e p i c. Looking forward to it! ;3

Ah, you meant Seabed, not Seaside, I guess?

Nope, Seaside.

Seabed Upper is the same as Ruins 2, Seabed Lower / Tower is the same as Ruins 3.

Forest 1 = Temple Alpha = Crater East
Forest 2 = Temple Beta - Crater West
Caves 1 = Spaceship Alpha = Crater Northern
Caves 2 = Spaceship Beta = Crater Southern
Caves 3 = Jungle North = Crater Interior
Mines 1 = Jungle East = Desert 1
Mines 2 = Mountain = Desert 2
Ruins 1 = Seaside = Desert 3
Ruins 2 = Seabed Upper
Ruins 3 = Seabed Lower

Oran pom from bringers in en4.

Back