Maximum Attack E Feedback

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
So now that the event is over and you guys have had up to a month of playing the Maximum Attack E quests, I've curious to see what you guys thought of them overall. This is to see what was done right, what people didn't like, etc. etc.

To preface, these quests were designed to be bite-sized (so the length is intentional) versions with a SEGA quest feel to them, similar to MA4. Keep that in mind when thinking about it.

I should mention that the enemy counts are intentional. Something not having enough of x is the point.

Some things you could mention:
  • What was your favourite quest?
  • What was your least favourite quest?
  • Were there any spawns that felt out of place? Any spawns that you felt broke the flow?
  • Did any of the quests feel they had strange progression/flow?
And so on and so forth.

This is to get an idea as to what people liked for later quests that may or may not be made.

Thanks!

Last edited:
My favorite quests were desert, seabeds and crater.
My least favorite was mines because there's not much to hunt in mines(the quest itself was fine).
I can't really express any hate for the quests. I basically only did crater, seabed, and desert for the last 2 weeks xD

Overall, I enjoyed grinding these quests. I think you accomplished what you set out to do quite well.
Favorite quest? Probably Spaceship, since spaceship never gets any love.
Least favorite? Hard to say, really.
I've never been a fan of monest spawns, just because they take forever to melt away completely.
Flow felt very good for the bite size quests, kinda wish they would make a rotation into the new milestone/weekly bonus thing you are working on for the future.

I thought they were really fun. Nothing seemed OP or anything and the hunts for certain items felt feasible. My favorites were CCA, tower, crater, and desert. My least favorites were caves (megid), mines/spaceship (cheap baranz deaths), and seabed (knockdowns galore).

I thought the spawn variation was nice, although I did notice some were just duplicates of each other. I didn't really get tired of killing the monsters over and over or anything. My main gripe was just the sheer amount of maps you had to do to increase points. During the 2nd half of the event I pretty much only did maps I had an interest in/wanted to hunt for something instead of increasing hbr anymore since that really started to feel like a chore.

I hope new mae-type quests (unused/different areas of the maps?) are released in the future!!

I loved all of them. Seabed and Tower were my favorites. The wave / room progression was very consistent between all of them.

Great event: I haven't been this motivated to play in a long time. It was such a joy to run so many quests with friends.

I understand they're bite-sized, but next year I think it would be cool for one of the Milestones to unlock a door in each quest that adds another really good room or two (optional, of course).

Super Megid Death Galore and loads of paralysis (damn it reaches unexpectedly far) from Lilies in MAE Temple were annoying, other than that I liked them a lot. I like how in forest, there's a good period of calm giving a false sense of security, then all the sudden one last onslaught of about six Hildelts. I think liked Desert best. It was cool to line up an Estlla mag blast to hit two Girtableus at once doing over 2000 to over 5000 damage to each.

Overall it was a great set of quests, and great event. Personally I just needed more HP/TP/Traps restore points like in fiasco, EP2 was the easier one to go back to ship and talk to nurse:
  • What was your favourite quest? MAE Seabed, I rarely go to play EP2, and it's was a great challenge
  • What was your least favourite quest? MAE Caves, it could've contain less Lilies and more sharks
  • Were there any spawns that felt out of place? Any spawns that you felt broke the flow? The end bosses at tower, forgot how many times it spawns (four?)
  • Did any of the quests feel they had strange progression/flow?No, it was done right. Kudos

Also loved these quests (thus my earlier plea to keep them despite knowing what the answer would be!)
I didn't dislike any of them, and actually I really liked Caves unlike some others here. The Lilies were easily dispatched, even solo.
Would love to see a special currency based on bite-sized dungeons with fun (not powerful) items to collect, like Gallon's Plan.

Honestly, MAE was the most fun part of this anniversary event, best time ever playing PSO on a private server, major props.

I loved all the quests. It's hard to pick favorites because I really liked them all, none of them felt boring or awkwardly put together (so no least favorite). I guess if I had to choose my favorites were Mines, Spaceship, Seabed, Temple and Desert. I'm gonna miss them, they were a lot of fun.

Thanks for an amazing event! It really helped get my mind off of my boring studying for work! :D

It was awesome!
Finally got to group with a lot of different, skilled players. Even taught me better tactics! The quests gave loads of exp, farming rare drops was rad, and I didn't want to stop playing!
10/10

DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING COMMENT IS PRIMARILY MADE OF SUBJECTIVE VIEWS AND OPINIONS. PLEASE DO NOT BURN ME AT THE STAKE FOR HAVING A DIFFERENT MINDSET/EXPERIENCE FROM YOURS

hbr counts ranged from 106-200. my opinions based on that:

forest:
+lotta hildelts.
-might want to tone it down so as not to overshadow ego
+flow was good except for a few spawns
-too many fuckin wolves. wolves have erratic movement patterns and are very talented with disrupting flow.
-last room Bartles, second spawn. i admit no quest is without at least one awkward spawn, but this one really divides the team as far as strategy goes. with everything far spread out, some players want to group the mobs together and some want to pick them off one by one. picking them off results in reduced exp for everyone as well as not synergising the team unless everyone is tryharding

caves:
-cave 2 is fine but i wouldve liked to see cave 3 more (better %s iirc, also cooler atmosphere)
+lotta nano dragons, this is well-needed
-wouldve liked to see lily spawns closer together. seems like all of them are spread across the whole room with a few exceptions.

mines:
=reasonable enemy counts
=reasonable spawns
=no annoying/frustrating spawns
=this is just a well-rounded quest that can very well provide another way to run mines for decent hunting

ruins:
+shitload of sorcerers. kinda op imo but i suppose it's well needed like nanos in caves.

temple:
-lily spawns always seemed very inconvenient. almost always spread very far apart; difficult to kill without having to dodge megids unless fo is raz-ing

spaceship
+a lot of baranz. well-needed i suppose but this one was like wow why cant i hold all these baranz
-kind of low on pan arms. not that i totally love to see these guys because they can disrupt flow but the numbers seemed disproportionate based on other enemy counts.
-too many fucking wolves.

cca:
-kinda low on gees. not important i suppose just because gees are abundant in many other quests

seabed:
+well-done. divides the players when necessary and regroups them as needed.
-more deldepths than i like to see here. theyre kind of just generically annoying regardless of how many are in a quest, but i felt like there were more here. it happened very often that the fo was gifing constantly and i had to tell them to stop repeatedly just so i could ft the delds. that happened multiple times with multiple different players. friction

tower:
+tower was my shit, bruh
+well balanced
+ezflo quest
+my shit, bruh
+ask un1ql0

crater:
+fuckton of good stuff, not too much of the bad stuff
+good amount of dorphons
-low on zus i feel

desert:
-spawn of 3 zus across room (room 2 iirc), middle zu would sometimes laser instead of swoop. idk/idc why, this was just mildly irritating to not know what to expect/play around
-needs more girtas. these guys are weak and dont press any significant threat to the team unless you're letting your 7yo sister play for you

excellent quest set imo. no quest set will be perfect, but i genuinely enjoyed these a lot more than i enjoyed any other quest sets. them all being short i thought was a very nice touch, didnt make players feel like they had to commit to a run to join a game. this in itself was very well-needed; we only have medium and long time quests atm. most of my -'s were just me being nitpicky, these were almost all very very well-done and well-balanced.

the event in itself was overpowered as hell primarily because of the silver badge reward from completing a short quest. every ~15mins each party was getting a guaranteed 0.8pds value. this x ton of parties x 1month + ridiculous boosts (never go past 125 dar again pls, every room was flooded with items. without item reader i wouldve suffocated and missed my dank 75h vanilla laser) = economy gone. prices have been extremely unstable lately and they have changed significantly since last year i feel, probably primarily due to events, or at least based on my experience with actually spending a significant amount of time on this one. op events = inflation = bad bad

the gold gamble sounded like a good idea to me at the start, but it quickly derailed and destroyed the market for nearly every item in it. limiting it to a small set of items will do that every time. at least only put low demand items in there so we dont have to worry about 40h guardianna only being like 10pds afterward etc. only thing really anchoring gold badges' value now is the gold shop/PS and stuff

in the future, events should be less powerful. of course its good to get more player volume and potentially increase the playerbase, but there are a lot of us that worked much harder for our wealth than playing during an event takes. i gained ~700pds of net worth during this event and i only put in about 100 hours (and i didnt even have any great finds. best was a 25h zanba). thats wayyy more net worth than i had after grinding my fomarl from 0 to 200 without events (480hrs). its like tripling the minimum wage. it has a positive effect on most people and/or in the short term but other than that, its subtly hurting everyone else.

i had a wonderful time with this event. it was a spell of massive growth in the game (my meme character went from 140 to 187) and i loved every minute. i want the quests to come back. none of them are overly additive (other than supplemental) to the current quest list and the ephinea experience im sure will feel less complete without them. pls

/opinion

Last edited:
I loved it! Granted, I only joined toward the end of the event, but the event completely re-hooked me to Ephinea. I loved that the missions were so short -- they contrast well with a lot of the other content from the game. That said, I do wonder if too much loot was given out? I don't have any toons to 200 yet, so I don't have a great perspective on whether this is a problem or not, but I felt like I got a lot of money, exp and loot for only having played two days worth.

Overall I had a blast and I know I'm going to miss it. Thank you for making it happen!

Last edited:
All the quests were basically good. My favorites were desert, tower and seabed. Spaceship was nice too.
There is no quest i disliked. I just put a few aside because there wasn't stuff i really need (Hello mines XD) Just made this quest when no game was up or if a friend needed my help for his HBR.

The event was great I hope you'll do even better next year

• The main issue was the short duration but I'm assuming thats the goal here. A possible solution would've been to combine all 4 areas into 1 quest rather then having players go in and out of games constantly 4 times just to clear one episode. an insertion of a boss fight would've also been great to make it seem more like sega where they added dark falz in MA4 -1C-.
  • there was an issue with how delbiters/dorphons appeared how there was 1 or 2 arriving later than the others by a whole second. primarly in seabed and crater.
  • there was a lot of spawns in a single room which seemed unnatural. sega usually only did this for the last room of an area or something while most other rooms wouldnt last very long. basically not enough walking lol. (ia ctually remember having this thoguht but i cannot justify it with an example right now so take this with a grain of salt xd)
that's all i can think of right now

No serious complaints from me, really. Would only say some things could be tuned down a bit?
  • Enjoyed every quest, particularly Crater and Space. (Which is good considering I spent 80% of the event hunting a hit Jizai...). Temple was fun to run too, which is my least favorite zone in the game otherwise. Seabed was kind of frustrating though, but I think I'm probably in the minority with that opinion.
  • Liked the 130% RDR, the ADR was kind of excessive though.
  • 3*XP was a bit much. I went from 150-180 pretty casually while also getting my force from 30 something to ~120. Just too fast in the xp for my tastes.
  • Badges seemed very... Powerful. Considering you can get a PS for 50 golds, that kinda forces golds to have a ~1:2 value, and getting 50 golds wasn't all that time consuming. Couple hours every other day, few days off from work I no-life'd a bit. Just kind of happened. That said I've played this game for 15 years, never have I owned a Photon Sphere. I now own two. Neat. Dropped my excess 15 badges I got from the glitch awhile back on 1 gold gambles, not a single hit roll... That RNG though.

I think the biggest thing to factor in here, for those that feel it was too easy to level, get awesome gear, etc, is that not everyone can no - life the event.
I was able to put in more than one hour in one sitting about once a week, and that's it. During that time, I got my FO from 130-146, which to me, is not game breaking.
The complaints about things being spread out makes me think that the event was absolutely intended to get a full group and definitely a FO (razonde spam lillies).
I do agree that SN, Froozer, etc all being able to get hit so easily is a bit OP, but I farmed like 10 SNs with no luck.
At the end of the day, my unfortunately casual take on PSO and the event is overall positive.
Just because you got OP gear due to being able to no-life the event, doesn't mean everyone did. :)

No serious complaints from me, really. Would only say some things could be tuned down a bit?
  • Enjoyed every quest, particularly Crater and Space. (Which is good considering I spent 80% of the event hunting a hit Jizai...). Temple was fun to run too, which is my least favorite zone in the game otherwise. Seabed was kind of frustrating though, but I think I'm probably in the minority with that opinion.
  • Liked the 130% RDR, the ADR was kind of excessive though.
  • 3*XP was a bit much. I went from 150-180 pretty casually while also getting my force from 30 something to ~120. Just too fast in the xp for my tastes.
  • Badges seemed very... Powerful. Considering you can get a PS for 50 golds, that kinda forces golds to have a ~1:2 value, and getting 50 golds wasn't all that time consuming. Couple hours every other day, few days off from work I no-life'd a bit. Just kind of happened. That said I've played this game for 15 years, never have I owned a Photon Sphere. I now own two. Neat. Dropped my excess 15 badges I got from the glitch awhile back on 1 gold gambles, not a single hit roll... That RNG though.
the thread is actually concerned about the quests rather then the event itself but i'd like to reply to you about the photon sphere complaint.
photon spheres and photon drops are actually very easy to obtain with a populated server or on other platforms such as gamecube where u can get 5 photon spheres just by running a quest.
the problem is the server lacks a population comparable to sega which is understandble because its a very old game. so these events are supposed to even out the lack of the population and make progression similar to playing on sega servers sort of.
because u can actually find hundreds of weapons and not be able to sell them for photon drops because of the lack in photon drops.

I havent enjoyed PSO as much as i have in this event in a very long time! It was perfect IMO. Alot of Areas covered in HBR quests were well balanced and just the right length. And I got to play with almost everybody who plays here. Which was AWESOME! And got some quality swag out of it. I'm actually lamenting that its gone now. Awesome Job.

-might want to tone it down so as not to overshadow ego
It's an event quest. It was supposed to have a lot temporarily.
-last room Bartles, second spawn. i admit no quest is without at least one awkward spawn, but this one really divides the team as far as strategy goes. with everything far spread out, some players want to group the mobs together and some want to pick them off one by one. picking them off results in reduced exp for everyone as well as not synergising the team unless everyone is tryharding
This is intentional. Can't have every spawn be something to easily be picked off.
-cave 2 is fine but i wouldve liked to see cave 3 more (better %s iirc, also cooler atmosphere)
The problem with Cave 3 is that you can't use Grass Assassin, which really limits what you can do with the map. Yeah, nobody actually hunts that enemy but they've always felt like an important part of Caves to me. I could probably do Cave 1 some time (although no slimes), but Cave 3 is completely written off for that reason.
-low on zus i feel
Intentional. I wanted the Zu hunt to be in Desert this time, not Crater.
desert:
-spawn of 3 zus across room (room 2 iirc), middle zu would sometimes laser instead of swoop. idk/idc why, this was just mildly irritating to not know what to expect/play around
-needs more girtas. these guys are weak and dont press any significant threat to the team unless you're letting your 7yo sister play for you
That happens if you go to close to it. Issue with player, not quest.

And regarding Girtas, there's way more than enough. It's way more powerful than every other quest since it was 6 Girtas in 5-10 minutes.

And yes events will be less powerful in general, we've already addressed that for most. Anniversary is just that time of the year when there's a really powerful event, the others are not the same.

I edited the OP also, but "not enough x" is not really a concern, the quests are not supposed to be some super hunting quest for every enemy ever.

Back