Linux - Getting floor reader/add-ons to work

I installed using lutris. And have installed the correct Visual C++ 2015 32-bit x86 Redistributable needed to run the add-ons in the correct wine bottle. I've gotten dgvoodoo2 working no problem (not that these 2 things are related) and just seems weird it's not working. I feel like I'm missing something in the lutris settings to get the add-ons working but I really don't know.

Not sure how helpful that can be but when I was fiddling with Linux, I got Addons to work by installing "dinput8.dll" with winetricks. I'll also note that installing that dll broke my controller controls on Linux Mint but was working "well" on Manjaro.

It's been a year so don't ask me for details. That's pretty much all I can get out from memory. :lenny:

unknown2.pngunknown.png

Not sure how helpful that can be but when I was fiddling with Linux, I got Addons to work by installing "dinput8.dll" with winetricks. I'll also note that installing that dll broke my controller controls on Linux Mint but was working "well" on Manjaro.

It's been a year so don't ask me for details. That's pretty much all I can get out from memory. :lenny:

View attachment 17502View attachment 17503
I'll try that out but I'm pretty sure that dll file is for controller input. I'll report back with what happens if you're curious lol appreciate the help!

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work quite as easily on the steam deck. I've been trying to figure out how to get it to work, but nothing I've tried seems to do it. I would've thought the process would pretty much be the same, but I guess there's something fundamentally different about how this all works on the deck. o_O

Would love to figure out a way as well. It would complete my ideal dream of playing PSO on a handheld.

Not that I have a steam deck, but I do know Visual C++ redistributables were having trouble being installed on steam decks at one point. Installing through protontricks was not actually installing. Just double check is the best I got.

Back