laptop graphics card

yes it does. holy fuck improvement. frame rates have tripled or more on my laptop (in fact its' locked at 30fps, the highest FPS PSOBB supports). no slow down at all no matter what res, AA, or AF!!! it's running way faster than it was on the intel hd graphics at 720p but now using qHD. mwahaha. 4K not working however .. that resolution is now knocked out somehow on my adapters due to this error:

Failed : CreateDevice
Error : Can't use format [D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8]
Error : Can't find DisplayMode
Error : Can't use format [D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8]

It seems your display/GPU won't allow that resolution at the colour depth BB needs. PSO generally likes 16- and 32-bit colour depths but pukes if you use 24-bit colour, so maybe your GPU can't handle UHD at anything above 24 bit. You could try forcing 16-bit colour to see if that depth is permitted at your desired resolution.

It seems your display/GPU won't allow that resolution at the colour depth BB needs. PSO generally likes 16- and 32-bit colour depths but pukes if you use 24-bit colour, so maybe your GPU can't handle UHD at anything above 24 bit. You could try forcing 16-bit colour to see if that depth is permitted at your desired resolution.
I found the problem. It was ENB. It is an outdated piece of turd causes huge frame rate drops even with post processing disabled, and further is incapable with qHD or 4K res.

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/reshade-for-psobb.10353/

I put everything in the root folder and it seems to work, however. It is still using my iGPU. How can you fix that?

Back