Lack of HC economy...

Cookie

Gotta eat 'em all!
With the recent PD discussion, here are some changes I was thinking about.

#1 Raise PD drop rate in proportion to RDR. That would be 1.3/1000 = 1/769*
#2 Slightly raise rarity for Scapedolls.
#3 Stop giving away stuff for free. If HC players want an economy, they need to build one themselfs.

What this could change:
Tbh, I just played some HC like a year ago and switched back to normal. Not sure if the PD drop rate raise is actually needed, but since RDR is boosted anyway, I guess it would be fair to do the same for PDs. Maybe Spuz has more to say to that. Making scapes more rare could help establish them as a secondary currency.

Imagine a new player starting in HC, having a hard(er) time finding their first scape(s), but they can find PDs more often now. An early trade option would be to buy scapes for PDs now. Then again, existing HC players would have to stop giving them away for free, if they really want any kind of economy going.

If I remember correctly, the scape drop rate was like 1/10 compared to normal? Maybe lower that to 1/15 for starters and see how it goes. Then again, Spuz and other HC players can probably say more to that.

* Or whatever the actual PD drop rate is...

Last edited:
1.) I would personally see this as a good change, since gathering PD's in HC is really just impossible.
2.) I wouldn't be opposed to this.

Also scape dolls currently do have a currency of 4:1 which I sell in bulk, that won't stop me giving them away free to someone who is in need because we care for each other, or at least I care and I do not want to see people die. It makes me sad to see. It's not a laughing matter like halve the community think (the last words kinda set that up... and it's bs honestly to laugh at other peoples misfortune). It's a sad thing, and it hurts. If it's you to die and loose all your gear, the effort you put into that character you would be sad and angry. It happens, it's HC life, but because of it, I will always be nice with my scapes to those in need/low/struggling.

3.) The economy of HC will always be quiet because of the lack of players. It's just not going to change because the majority will always be in NM. And there is a lot more trading than you think, only starter stuff/junk is given away. Everyone in the hardcore discord uses the trade channels to buy/sell stuff when needed. Personally, I could be harsh but idk and I could even make a HC price guide.

@Lancen Haus i think sometimes there's just a weird vibe with NM to HC because of the whole "oh you'll just alt bs" thing. some people do, but not everyone. saying that might be perceived as a passive knock against HC players, but YMMV.

i like our little HC economy tbh...as Spuz said we trade a lot more behind the scenes through HC discord. but realistically, if you want an uber you're likely gonna have to find it yourself, although x2 exp makes leveling alts / ID bots a bit easier.

I mean, I could actually say negative things about people alt+bs because I've had games where I've needed people but they alt+bs'd for the sake of keeping their account which I respect and understand but I was literally stating a fact and wasn't even being snarky, apparently it's an offense to the point where I got a warning for whatever stupid reason.

Also is it really necessary to delete everything on sight that you don't like or agree on? It's ridiculous.

trust me i'm sure it's frustrating...on our end, we have to a. be mindful enough to minimize deaths, and b. bring enough scapes to have a safety net. if neither of those things happen, that's on us. IMO though, it's just as bad as having a NM player along that keeps dying and dragging the team down, so for all intents and purposes it *should* be irrelevant in an otherwise functioning party.

Back