(Just for fun!) Make your own patch.

Nikki

meh...
Considering the recent uproar about changes, I thought this would be a fun exercise thread for people to let off their ideas into. This is not meant to be a suggestions thread nor is it to be taken serious, nor should you expect any of this to ever happen, NOR Should you beg the staff for anything posted here. This threads purpose is to allow users to express their ideas on how they'd change, rebalance, or reconstruct PSO.

A few simple rules for the thread
-follow forum rules
-For the sake of challenge (and clutter) keep your "Patch notes" constrained to one post. Once you run out of room that's it. You'll have to think about how you balance things and how it'll effect the actual game. Give it thought.
-Dont shitpost others ideas, keep that shit on your chinese cartoon image boards. This thread like all things posted in a PSO community should be treated like what it is, opinions. Criticisms are welcome, just dont attack others. The thread would be one sided without replies/criticism.

Example and some of my ideas to get you started.

Character stat/mat changes
-Raised newman mat cap to 200
-Raised hunewearl max ata to 209.
-Raised FOmar/Fomarl max ata to 171/181 respectively

Drop changes
-Updated drop charts rates to have no drop lower than 1/18331. Anything lower than that has been brought up to match this.
-Magical Water (due to being useless shit that should never have pd's used on it), Raikiri, Master Raven, and Last swan have all been given drops in episode 4 so as not to tamper with eps 1 and 2's drop charts.

gear changes
-Allowed Fonewearl to use mothergarb+
-Force wall now gives 10+ ata
-Hunter wall now gives 10+ ata
-buffed red, blue, and yellow merge by 5% overall.
-Allow Hunl/HUmar to use Yasminkov 9000m
-Buffed Yasminkov 2k, 3k, and 7k ATP so they're actually useful
-7k auto target pierces enemies now
-Combo unlocked dark meteor to give it usefulness at all considering its weak atp
-Nerfed Faust ATP but gave combo unlock
-Nerfed holyray base ata a bit, it's absolutely ridiculous in vanilla
-Combo unlocked glide divine and siren glass hammer

Tech and resistance changes
-episode 2 tech resistances have been reworked to be fair BUT NOT OP for tech forces.
-Most Level 30 techniques have been changed to incentivize finding them and them having actual uses and are as follows:
lvl30 Foie pieces up to 5 enemies
lvl30 zonde has 50% chance to shock
lvl30 barta freezes enemies at a 10% chance
lvl30 gifoie distance increased slightly
lvl30 gibarta has significantly reduced cast time, cone has been widened, and no longer autotargets.
lvl30 gizonde gives a shock DOT to machines
lvl30 rafoie causes a burn DOT to non machines
lvl30 Razonde causes a low shock DOT to zonde weak enemies and has higher chance to cause shock status
lvl30 Rabarta now stays out longer
lvl 30 grants can hit 3 enemies now in a cone field of view
lvl30 megid increases its chance to proc with each time it fails, and also grows in size. If it misses up to 4 times causes a AOE megid effect much like megiverse in PSU (I think that was the one)
lvl30 jellen and zalure will hit more targets, no longer DMC, and ignore unimportant targets like sorcerers left and right casting crystals. In the interest of balance though their drop chance is slightly nerfed.

Enemy/map changes
-Sorcerers now take an active FOing role for enemies, and will cast shifta, deband, and randomly at a 30% chance each, Jellen and zalure and resta without low health prompts.
-Astarks self buff can now target mobs around it with shifta.
-Fixed no target issues in CCA/tower
-Girtablulu sand succ no longer makes you walk in place breaking your ability to move, it can only suck you in once per cycle now.
-Dorphon charge in ult covers slightly less distance
-If Epsilon gets too close to a wall it will warp back to the center of the room.

Last edited:
I'm sure there was a similar thread a while ago: I can't find. I posted stuff there and can't remember what I'd do ^_^

There was multiple threads along the lines of changes, but nothing related to making your own patch or overall general changes. It was rune's thread i think, and they usually only tackled one specific line of thought each thread. Already considered those threads :d

Ahh true. This is more in depth.

Patch note number: nandos

-remove ata from game, byebye red ringo
-gimegid
-new unit called heavy/body that increases defense and doesnt get affected by sand succ and quicksand.
-state/maintenance
-spaghetti and meatballs

- gave four red rings to CTB because birthday reasons
- black gear now adds 10 ATA
- anime and Agastya's challenge titles (account-wide) have been changed to "uncool" or set to such if one did not exist
- Matt now autocorrects to Zynetic in-game. Shoutbox and forum unaffected
- All IPs tied to Vex in-game will have one to ten losses assigned to their Battle Record in-game, regardless of previous results, and wins now increase by one for every five wins
- finished up Gamecube support with fully functioning EP3 server :^)
- added those reskinned items that EVERYONE! wants

- Enabled adding specials to Type-M weapons
- Added timed quests (random once every 2-4 hours, available for 30 minutes)
- Added another row of costume colors for every character
- Removed the dressing room due to instability issues
- Enabled photon chairs on Pioneer 2
- Re-integrated VoIP support
- Added more unique lobbies
- Added Episode 3, integrated directly into Blue Burst
- Removed VoIP support
- Increased max DFP roll on Red Ring
- Decreased base DFP on Red Ring
- Lowered drop rate of Rianov 303SNR-1 from Vol Opt ver.2 (Skyly)
- Added Centurion/Battle
- Added new item to Gallon's Shop (99 Photon Drops) - Adds 5% Hit to any weapon under 30% Hit
- Renamed server to Shythark

J/Z now target more than 10 enemies.
Clio support removed from HUney. HUney finally removed from character creation.
RAcaseal also removed for not actually being cute.
HUmar made more uglier than he already is in an effort to discourage from being the "newcomers" class of choice.
All characters are forced to be short and wide (but not as good looking as andy fomarl :^) )
Star Atomizer banners reintroduced.
Star atomizer drop rate nerfed to 1/10000000000000
Multi-hit techs added (without needing to glitch like gifoie)
Added quest line to finally impress Kireek if all requirements are met.
FOmarl max ata raised to 180+ (pls give srank guns man)
FOmarl + FOnewm butt size increased by x2
GLIDE DIVINE COMBO UNLOCKED
Coren scams you less often, but prices have been increased.
FOney only has access to support techs. No longer can melee or spam attack techs.
Bug in Gallons shop always charges you 99 pd for an addslot. On top of this, you only have 50% chance of actually receiving the addslot.

I'm sure I'll add more as I remember them.

-Shifta/Deband only overwrites your own Shifta/Deband, adds to other players (FOnewm casts Lv 30 Shifta, HUnewearl casts Lv 20 Shifta, RAmar casts Lv 15 Shifta, a cast stands around and looks pretty = whole party gets Lv 65 Shifta)
-HUcast and RAcast have half as many max traps
-HUcaseal and RAcaseal have +50% as many max traps
-Newmans have 200 max materials instead of 150
-Dress Plate and Wedding Dress gender unlocked
-Hunter Wall gives +60 ATP, Ranger Wall gives +10 ATA, Force Wall gives +60 MST
-Offense techniques in general do more damage

I dunno what else maybe I'll edit my post later

Last edited:
- anime and Agastya's challenge titles (account-wide) have been changed to "uncool" or set to such if one did not exist
- All IPs tied to Vex in-game will have one to ten losses assigned to their Battle Record in-game, regardless of previous results, and wins now increase by one for every five wins
you're a proper asshole corey lmao <3

I'd make the old school lobby the main lobby.

Megid traps.

New Techs: gizfoie and gibfoie: A mix of Gizonde/Gibarta and Gifoie. Basically an electrical/ice partucle ontop of Gifoie for ETH/EIC damage stacking as well as EFR.

- All classes except HUcast, RAmar, and FOnewearl have been removed because they are not optimal.

- The game will refuse to let you make a TTF game in Ult if you do not have an ID that can find RR and it will not let you make an RT game if you have an ID that cannot find PGF.

- You will start off with a full set of Charge weapons with 50 hit for your class so you do not have to suffer the indignity of having to use a non-Charge or uber weapon.

- Temple, Spaceship, and CCA have been removed because of bad drops.

- You cannot get rares with more than one person. You must hunt by yourself to optimize your drop rate.

- A DPS meter has been added. If you are less than a certain threshold in Ultimate, you will be injured for 100 HP per second until you hit it. The threshold depends on the class. Damage to you is doubled if playing in a timed quest.

- All mags except Sato have been removed.

- All techs except level 30 S/D/J/Z, Resta, Ryuker, level 7 Anti, and level 24 or less Megid have been removed.

NO COREY VULCANS??? Broken patch, unplayable

RIP everyone's account.

Possibly the most lazy-support patch ever?

- You are able to use Photon Chairs in rooms
- Your character gains one level automatically for each hour they are in their chair (this feature doesn't work in the lobby)
- There is no auto-disconnection after a set period of time
- All the monsters are statues so thus they cannot perform any action
- Attacks and Tech usage alike are permanently locked so thus you cannot use them
- You can feed mags but they can never evolve or learn Photon Blasts
- There is no Battle Mode
- There is no Challenge Mode
- There are no quests

Fix the disgusting claw animation of HUcaseals.
Give PSO2 character creation
Make HUcaseals have nicer butts
Give Vietnamese skin to HUcaseal (Black girl HUcaseal is a fucking babe)
Make HUcaseals great again

Back