Instant Crash

Sij_Cindori

Guildcard
Alright I really didn't want to make a thread but I've looked quite a bit and experimented on my own as well. But basically, when I try to run the game, it instantly crashes. I hit "launch game" the game pops up and crashes instantly. I'm on windows 8.1, and I've ran it as administrator and in compatability mode for windows xp. I'm not really good with tech support so I'm kind of at a loss as to what my next step is.

If you had the game installed for a while, or installed skins etc
I'd recommend to do a clean installation.

If you had the game installed for a while, or installed skins etc
I'd recommend to do a clean installation.

It's a clean installation. I had the game a while but I've already uninstalled it and re installed it.

Usually a instacrash like that with no error means your antivirus is blocking the client from launching, at least from my experience. Some antivirus are so picky you have to add individual files (Especially if you have bit defender). Go into your antivirus's exceptions (usually in shields in a lotta modern AV) and open exceptions and put the path to ephinea psobb in the list.

If you wanna test it really quickly, try disabling the AV entirely and then running it and seeing if it still does not start.

An instant close is usually because your resolution setting is incorrect.

Doh, yeah, I have been playing for a bit with textures and forgot the resolution problem, although a fresh install should put the resolution at its lowest.

Usually a instacrash like that with no error means your antivirus is blocking the client from launching, at least from my experience. Some antivirus are so picky you have to add individual files (Especially if you have bit defender). Go into your antivirus's exceptions (usually in shields in a lotta modern AV) and open exceptions and put the path to ephinea psobb in the list.

If you wanna test it really quickly, try disabling the AV entirely and then running it and seeing if it still does not start.
An instant close is usually because your resolution setting is incorrect.

I deactivated my antivirus, and the resolution is set to its lowest settings. I can't honestly think of what it could be lol.

Back