If you have an attack bound to your “Ctrl” set, then release before it connects, it doesn’t actually work

jcorb

Sorry, this is probably complicated to explain. I been playing in my Steam Deck, and kept having this issue until I realized what was actually happening.

If I have any standard attack (normal, heavy, or special) bound to let’s say “RT+X”, if I release RT before the attack actually connects, then it just… doesn’t do anything. It doesn’t “miss”, it won’t even break boxes.

Just seemed unusual behavior, so I thought I’d report it!

Just the way the game has been for 22+ years since V1 and probably isn't a bug. Most attacks need a target, and you're doing an action that prevents targeting for the attack. Commonly used to avoid going into guard stance while near enemies.

You can use this to your advantage when using accuracy glitches (like "SN" with Slicer) to not actually hit anything with the N-attack, evading damage cancel.

Ah, interesting! I honestly just didn't remember how it originally functioned, didn't remember if this happened in the old versions or not. Good to know!

Back