I was wrong about Seasons...

FIghter

I thought it was going to suck, and I was planning on taking a break from PSO when it started.

I am glad I gave it a chance. PSO has been far more active since season started it seems.

Anyway I got an idea for seasons, why not have the next one HC with double exp and scapes removed?

Make the high paying achievements risky so people have a motive for doing the dangerous quests .

Just an idea

I thought it was going to suck, and I was planning on taking a break from PSO when it started.

I am glad I gave it a chance. PSO has been far more active since season started it seems.

Anyway I got an idea for seasons, why not have the next one HC with double exp and scapes removed?

Make the high paying achievements risky so people have a motive for doing the dangerous quests .

Just an idea
HC did have double exp and rare monster bonuses removed, I think they said it was to make sure HC and normal characters could play seasons together.
edit: you're right though, seasons was/is fantastic

Lol yeh dude, seasons has all boosts removed, none at all.

No hc boost,
No weekly boosts
No event boosts?
No hbr boosts

Seasons is amazing if you want that original pso feel. I had given up hope on finding an original server, and DLd the Ephinea client just to kill time while pso2 DLd.

Definitely a happy accident to arrive during seasons.

There should be some kind of boost/incentive/extra reward for hc players.
2x xp has been ruled out (unless hc/normal players in season are restricted from playing together) since they could level up quicker and help the non xp boosted players.

nah it's perfect, it makes HC more HC. Maybe a different color for their name so you can tell they are a HC seasonal, you know, the mark of the badass

I don't think hc needs any boost during seasons. In other games that have season-type modes, the benefit of HC is exciting death banners, closer-knit community, and a smaller economy with >far less inflation<. The only difference with PSO is that our community is already so small that the subcommunity created is V, V, V, small. The abundance of scapes and prevalence of alt-backspacing (which exists in other games!) lead to HC not being much of a hinderance once you are established in the mode. Besides scape inventory slots and the occasional alt-bs, it would seem that it's very simple to not die in HC. I've always wanted to play it, but I practically only use berserk so uhhhhhhhhhh...

Darker shade of green for Seasons HC would be cool tho

I am fine with no boosts for HC's during Seasons to be honest.

I think HC's in Season should have a purple name, and Normal's a light green or teal name, so there is no more of this confusion in games. (So people know if they can trade with each other or not.

I think the next Season should experiment with a hardcore season, that was the point I was trying to make.

I don't think hc needs any boost during seasons. In other games that have season-type modes, the benefit of HC is exciting death banners, closer-knit community, and a smaller economy with >far less inflation<. The only difference with PSO is that our community is already so small that the subcommunity created is V, V, V, small. The abundance of scapes and prevalence of alt-backspacing (which exists in other games!) lead to HC not being much of a hinderance once you are established in the mode. Besides scape inventory slots and the occasional alt-bs, it would seem that it's very simple to not die in HC. I've always wanted to play it, but I practically only use berserk so uhhhhhhhhhh...

Darker shade of green for Seasons HC would be cool tho

It is simple not to die in HC mode, but it still happens quite a lot. People just tend to get careless.

I have never lost a major character, and most likely never will.

I think the next Season should experiment with a hardcore season, that was the point I was trying to make.
Ohhhh, I smell what you're cooking, ok ok. That would be interesting. HC season, you only get one char, no scapes, no trading whatsoever, if you die you're out for the season. How about that?

Honestly, the abundance of scapes after establishing yourself in HC does make it fairly easy to never die permanently. However, there are still many BS situations that can't be helped where not having the option for a scape would make anyone rage. Simplest example would be getting killed when possessed by Falz by another player, but there are many more annoying scenarios.

With those things in mind, I think that removing scapes from drops would be great if there were an alternative, more punishing way to obtain scapes as HC.

Here are some ideas I think might be interesting if scapes are removed from area drops in HC seasons:
  • Make it so scapes can only drop from bosses with easier bosses dropping them at a much lower rate.
  • Make scapes only purchaseable with season points.
  • Make scapes available through Coren gamble's 10k meseta list...or 100k lol
What do you guys think?

Pls, HC is fine as it is right now in seasons. No boosts is a perfect seasons compromise since boosts make it to easy. Removing scapes or making them harder to obtain will just make players stay in lower difficulties longer and not play certain quests rather than make it more difficult. They are already rarer than normal as a drop and unobtainable from any box/mini-game so I think it's fine as is. Though a complete no-doll-season does sound interesting @TaoChaos , I would play but I doubt many would and no one would play risky, except a few like me and most likely we would die , gimme DoB & DF for this season pls :wacko:

Honestly, the abundance of scapes after establishing yourself in HC does make it fairly easy to never die permanently. However, there are still many BS situations that can't be helped where not having the option for a scape would make anyone rage. Simplest example would be getting killed when possessed by Falz by another player, but there are many more annoying scenarios.

With those things in mind, I think that removing scapes from drops would be great if there were an alternative, more punishing way to obtain scapes as HC.

Here are some ideas I think might be interesting if scapes are removed from area drops in HC seasons:
  • Make it so scapes can only drop from bosses with easier bosses dropping them at a much lower rate.
  • Make scapes only purchaseable with season points.
  • Make scapes available through Coren gamble's 10k meseta list...or 100k lol
What do you guys think?

Low rate through a boss would result in everyone spamming that boss on an easy difficulty.
Seasonal points are only able to spend after season so that would be too late.
Scapes on coren 10k, ugly, forced to gamble, well RIP everyones meseta :'(

"Honestly, the abundance of scapes after establishing yourself in HC does make it fairly easy to never die permanently. However, there are still many BS situations that can't be helped where not having the option for a scape would make anyone rage. Simplest example would be getting killed when possessed by Falz by another player, but there are many more annoying scenarios.

With those things in mind, I think that removing scapes from drops would be great if there were an alternative, more punishing way to obtain scapes as HC."

Not interested in removing scapes from HC.

I am suggesting a seasons mode where everyone is hc and there are no scapes.

Give 3 times exp, and and achievements risky.

My ideas are not about changing HC as I think HC is fine as it is, and we do not need to have our lives made harder.

Ohhhh, I smell what you're cooking, ok ok. That would be interesting. HC season, you only get one char, no scapes, no trading whatsoever, if you die you're out for the season. How about that?

Was thinking more along the lines or having to start again, but that could also work as well.

I don't understand the draw of HC, any HC player I've gamed with has openly warned they are going to alt-tab out if they become endangered. PSO is a game you need to invest hours and hours in to progress. Why spend all that time on a character who could potentially die. The nature of PSO's gameplay has always yielded unexpected deaths at any level.

I don't understand the draw of HC, any HC player I've gamed with has openly warned they are going to alt-tab out if they become endangered. PSO is a game you need to invest hours and hours in to progress. Why spend all that time on a character who could potentially die. The nature of PSO's gameplay has always yielded unexpected deaths at any level.

I expect it's a similar reason people do pokemon "nuzlocke" runs. The risk makes the journey more rewarding.

Are there any rewards for HC characters achieving milestones?
I don't think so. The biggest draw is that once the season is over the char maps to whatever profile is being used, so if people only do HC mode, this will join the HC account and they don't need a normal account to house it.

"Honestly, the abundance of scapes after establishing yourself in HC does make it fairly easy to never die permanently. However, there are still many BS situations that can't be helped where not having the option for a scape would make anyone rage. Simplest example would be getting killed when possessed by Falz by another player, but there are many more annoying scenarios.

With those things in mind, I think that removing scapes from drops would be great if there were an alternative, more punishing way to obtain scapes as HC."

Not interested in removing scapes from HC.

I am suggesting a seasons mode where everyone is hc and there are no scapes.

Give 3 times exp, and and achievements risky.

My ideas are not about changing HC as I think HC is fine as it is, and we do not need to have our lives made harder.

Yeah I was sticking within the theme of Seasons as far as the ideas I had in mind. Not trying to say we should change HC as a whole.

Back