I want YOU! To join Hardcore

i think that would actually be a fun addition for dying without a scape
would make things interesting >:3

i actually would like to have a no meme/drama/non-sense topic started by matt or soda for potential changes, fixes, and balances to hardcore

in the meantime everyone should play hc cuz its got free banners for everyone :^)

Last edited:
dark dirty secret of the dreamcast days u died u drop ur equip weaopn and meseta

I love the DC version. The actual use for the bank. And I dunno if it was just me being young and dumb or if the DC was legit more difficult.

And just look at how sexy this character selection screen is...UHHGHGNGNHG!!!OG.png

I found this server the other day and just joined Hardcore. If people want to start fresh we can play together.

No scapedolls or whimping out allowed. I want to experience the thrill.

DC Version was a s s and incredibly unbalanced in multiple ways.

I considered hardcore when I first discovered the server, but then I remembered Megid and the Ep2 flowers and said LOLNope. I mean, it's not incredibly easy to get killed by them, but at the same time I have a habit of falling asleep while playing late at night......

I found this server the other day and just joined Hardcore. If people want to start fresh we can play together.

No scapedolls or whimping out allowed. I want to experience the thrill.

Gosh. I wouldn't do this unless they made mags way easier to feed or something. Ultimate has so many instant-kills and basically-instant-kills in it.

Gosh. I wouldn't do this unless they made mags way easier to feed or something. Ultimate has so many instant-kills and basically-instant-kills in it.

I've lost countless of characters in many games. Some of these games include but are not limited to:

- Pokemon Nuzlocke runs. God knows I'm bad at this as I've never managed to finish one. My tendency to take shortcuts and skip any form of grinding help either.

- PSO 1 & 2 on GC. But it doesn't even have HC mode I hear you thinking. Well, I was one of the lucky participants who got to experience BSODs, memory card failures, delete happy family members, and other shenanigans. Making me lose my items or even all my data.

- Diablo 3. When I found on that game hard HC mode I was sold. Needless to say I've lost every single character and none of it was truly my fault. The servers were unstable, disconnecting players constantly but not logging their characters out of the game. Probably every HC player lost at least one character to this. Bugs allowing players to kill other players or what about the insane mob scaling? 25% extra damage per player. Bosses became capable of one shotting players, an experience that can't be done again because Blizzard realized their content was too hard for the average player and nerfed all the fun content within 2 months of the game's release. Essentially destroying the thrill of what once was the most fearsome game of all time.

- Private servers going down. I've played different games on different servers. Take one of the biggest private servers for example, which had over 7.000 players playing the game on a bloody monday morning. But it got taken out by a single copyright claim from Blizzard. Never had I seen so much chaos in the streets of Orgrimmar, people were yelling bloody murder. Collectively there must've been over 50.000 maxed out characters, all gone. Take about a once in a lifetime even, hardcore to the max.

I'm not afraid of a little bit of instant death. In fact, I welcome it. Real life isn't much different. Today you walk across the street and tomorrow you're enjoying a free meal in the hospital. Life is full of surprises and I wouldn't want to be cheated out of the colorful flavour just because people felt like holding a hand above my head.

TL;DR: Some people jump from a bridge with only a rope between their legs, other people jump out of an airplane with little more than a piece of plastic in side their bags and I? I play video games with a chance of data deletion. Talk about hardcore ;)

I've lost countless of characters in many games. Some of these games include but are not limited to:

- Pokemon Nuzlocke runs. God knows I'm bad at this as I've never managed to finish one. My tendency to take shortcuts and skip any form of grinding help either.

- PSO 1 & 2 on GC. But it doesn't even have HC mode I hear you thinking. Well, I was one of the lucky participants who got to experience BSODs, memory card failures, delete happy family members, and other shenanigans. Making me lose my items or even all my data.

- Diablo 3. When I found on that game hard HC mode I was sold. Needless to say I've lost every single character and none of it was truly my fault. The servers were unstable, disconnecting players constantly but not logging their characters out of the game. Probably every HC player lost at least one character to this. Bugs allowing players to kill other players or what about the insane mob scaling? 25% extra damage per player. Bosses became capable of one shotting players, an experience that can't be done again because Blizzard realized their content was too hard for the average player and nerfed all the fun content within 2 months of the game's release. Essentially destroying the thrill of what once was the most fearsome game of all time.

- Private servers going down. I've played different games on different servers. Take one of the biggest private servers for example, which had over 7.000 players playing the game on a bloody monday morning. But it got taken out by a single copyright claim from Blizzard. Never had I seen so much chaos in the streets of Orgrimmar, people were yelling bloody murder. Collectively there must've been over 50.000 maxed out characters, all gone. Take about a once in a lifetime even, hardcore to the max.

I'm not afraid of a little bit of instant death. In fact, I welcome it. Real life isn't much different. Today you walk across the street and tomorrow you're enjoying a free meal in the hospital. Life is full of surprises and I wouldn't want to be cheated out of the colorful flavour just because people felt like holding a hand above my head.

TL;DR: Some people jump from a bridge with only a rope between their legs, other people jump out of an airplane with little more than a piece of plastic in side their bags and I? I play video games with a chance of data deletion. Talk about hardcore ;)

If that's the playstyle you wanna go for then go for it! I have nothing against true hardcore in general, I play hardcore now and again in various other games - while I enjoy the permadeath aspect too, there are a combination of two aspects of PSO that keep me from trying no-scape hardcore:

1) Mags are basically necessary, aren't fun to raise, and take a lot of time to raise.
2) PSO is by far the most unforgiving ARPG I've ever played. Character deletion would come from the slightest error.

Maybe I could deal with one of those things by itself but, together...I dunno what changes specifically would be necessary to get me to play no-scape but as it stands I'll keep my scape dolls thank you. :3

I'm afraid everybody shares your opinion. It might be impossible for me to meet players who want to play Hardcore without opt-outs. Oh well :)

Some of us don't use any of the 'Opt outs' like lobbying or alt bs, because it goes against the thrill. However, having a scape is nesssercery.

Because of things like PBs. I've died like 20-30 times when somebody did a PB. Which is bs. Unavoidable. Also things like going against gal gryphon on my RAcast. The shock he spits if it lands is a guaranteed death. Without scapes no one would be able to play the game. Unless they hide In forest and I want to actually play the game.

If you were able to control all your deaths that would be different. For example people die to falz and Megid, both of these can be controlled by using the correct resists and HP amount. It just requires research. But the fact is, you can't avoid death unless you hide in solo mode somewhere easy (because of examples at top) and I don't consider hiding playing.

I hope you enjoy your scapeless adventure @StingArt

I'm surprised this forum has no Hardcore subforum. It's one of the unique modes that can lure players from other servers to this place.

Inside the HC subforum we can start RIP lists, share strategies for boss fights, show the community HC players actually exist and are actively playing, which in turn incentivises them to join.

I'm surprised this forum has no Hardcore subforum. It's one of the unique modes that can lure players from other servers to this place.

Inside the HC subforum we can start RIP lists, share strategies for boss fights, show the community HC players actually exist and are actively playing, which in turn incentivises them to join.

Its a shame we don't but the thing is due to being few of us I doubt they will see incentive to give us a subforum. Anywho we have an rip list and what not on the HC discord. Feel free to join it (I know you got discord as I saw ya on ephinea main disc). The HC one is in my sig ;)

If they made the penalty for dying in hardcore something bit more threatening such as an IP ban, then perhaps thrill-seeking individuals like myself would consider playing it.

Reactions: Zen

AYYYY I FUCKING LOVE THIS GUY LETS GO!!!!

You know what? Let's up the stakes. If you die in PSO you lose your house, your job, you owe the IRS thousands of dollars and you have to identify as a Brony.

i learned it cuz of my brother me him and jason went from lvl 1 all the way to falz in one night got hooked after that it was scary as fk.

I ALMOST lost my character but I got llucky as F. I got caught in a frozen trap in ruins but when I got hit while frozen I got a block lmao

I know those pros are supposed to be nice but I find it to make the game boring quicker. Once you have your lv200's with best items, there's nothing to do. I found the 300% exp bonus we had earlier way too easy. I'll probably make a purist account if anything after i am done with the normal style.

If you think 3x exp is easy then let me blow your mind, The pso server called ultima has a default exp rate of 3x and during event they have a 5x rate. so a whole server exists that does that.

Back