I can't access the lobby

Annie

Hey everyone.

I'm having a weird problem lately and I can't get into the Lobby,I read the FAQ just in case and even when "Advance Effect" is unchecked (I have Windows 10) it doesn't seem to solve the problem.
One thing I discovered is that the only Ship I can connect to is EU/Lumireis on Block 2 but it doesn't work everytime and if I tried to change to another Ship in the counter I just get disconnected.
I really don't know what might be the problem,I tried to change the resolution and different settings but no luck so far.
Everything seems to work fine on my laptop and this is the first time I ever have any trouble with the game on my PC.
If anyone might know what this could be I would appreciated it.

What error code are you getting? Where are you located? Who is your ISP? When did the problem start?

Error Code: (No. 100)
I'm in Argentina,my ISP is Fibertel.
Probably on this month or late February,it's been awhile since the last time I played so I'm not sure.

I disable the DEP a minute ago but it doesn't work either.

Running any out of the ordinary AV software that might include a firewall that's not allowing certain connections?

I'd advise trying to ping fodra via command prompt but I don't know the IP.

I don't think so,I turned off the firewall already.
I'm running out of ideas already,I used this computer to play since early January and I never had to change any settings to run PSO properly.
Maybe an update did something that is affecting the game only?I don't know.

Thanks for the help.
I will update the thread if I find any solution.

Have you tried running it as an administrator? Probably shouldn't fix it but can't hurt to try.

Oh,yep,I did that since the beginning.
Same with running in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

I'm gonna check my router now just in case,thanks @Blues22475

If anything can you uninstall and reinstall in case some files got messed up?

I've been running PSO on an external HDD and when all this started happening I thought maybe that was a problem.
So I reinstalled the game on the internal one but it didn't worked.
I think I did it three/four times already just in case something went wrong but nope ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh,yep,I did that since the beginning.
Same with running in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Compatibility mode is the devil - thought I would have to use it when I was having setup problems (on ultima, admittedly) and it made things so much worse. I assume you've turned that off again now? Have you checked standard things like system time/date, region etc?

Compatibility mode is the devil - thought I would have to use it when I was having setup problems (on ultima, admittedly) and it made things so much worse. I assume you've turned that off again now? Have you checked standard things like system time/date, region etc?
Yes,everytime something doesn't work I leave it the way it was before just in case.
Everything seems where it should be so idk,I'm 90% sure that the problem is on my PC and not the network.

If that doesn't help you might also disable your firewall on the computer temporary to test.

Okay so I just used my mobile data to log and to my surprise it worked!
Still need to sort out what doesn't let me to do it while I'm connected to my router.

I remember something about PSO being sensitive to the MTU size set in a router. Have you changed your MTU settings or anything on your router? I think it needs to be 1420 or higher. Check to see if that changed.

If it's fine then, I dunno, ask your ISP? You can also try doing a tracert to ephinea1.pioneer2.net and see if there is any weird packet loss or something going on.

I checked my MTU size and it seems to be fine also while I did a tracert there isn't any packet loss so I will call my ISP and see if they know what might be happening.
Thank you Sodaboy! :D

When you install PSO have you made sure to change the default directory and create your own custom path?

Back