Hunting Materials and Grinders. Is this ID related?

Muckbeast

Are materials (power, luck, mind, hp, etc) and grinders (monogrinders, digrinders, trigrinders) the same drop chance for everyone, or are there specific section IDs that find certain ones?

Also, do you need to farm specific mobs or bosses, or are they a global drop chance type thing?

Note: I play on sandbox mode if that matters. (Yes, I know I could use item maker to clone items, but that's not how I use sandbox). :)

There's some small differences, but generally there's not a huge need to worry, you can get all of them on all IDs with roughly the same rates.

There's some small differences, but generally there's not a huge need to worry, you can get all of them on all IDs with roughly the same rates.

is it just area specific then? (Area-specific material drops, but same for every ID?)

As an example, I know when hunting holy ray, the dragon boxes were mostly pow and almost zero mind.

When hunting Psycho Wand, caves was mostly mind and almost zero pow.

(Luck, HP, def, evade seem to drop in all areas at around the same rate, but slightly boosted in some - eg: during p-wand hunt I think I did see slightly higher incidence of hp than usual).

Mentioning these specific areas because they were long hunts (20-ish holy rays and 100-ish mil lilies), so the sample size was not small.

Also the sample size isn't large enough yet, but I noticed a lot of luck materials in episode 4 - similar to hp in the caves hunt, just slightly higher than normal. Not sure if this is an actual thing, or if it just happened because of the ridiculous number of monsters in WoL (and I was finding tons of other materials too?)

ApDHkd1.jpg

1) is it the same for all IDs?

2) Other episodes?

3) What area is "boss"? It looks like dragon = caves 1 from that?

4) Why does luck material show as 0?

2) Other episodes?

From tinkering in Sandbox mode, boss areas are 11-14 according to /warpme, so they'd be 10-13 on that chart. Since Pioneer 2 has no means to drop anything, it's not area 0 even though classified as 0 for /warpme.

I can't answer why Luck Material has 0.

2) Other episodes?
1) It seems to be the same.... this is the file on Tethealla's server (afaik), I can't guarantee its the same as Ephinea's.
2) What? ... I'm not gonna dump a bunch of screenshots if that's what you mean.
3) Areas are based on this http://i.imgur.com/JR2nssZ.jpg, but minus 1 after the area is selected, so dragon is area 3, but minus one is area 2, yeah Caves1.
Bosses are after the area group they belong.
4) Because luck materials don't randomly drop.

Last edited:
As I replied right after your post, the bosses (and ep2 areas) are mapped to areas 1 - 10... but as you said, pioneer2 being the first area, to remove it, we subtract 1 from the resulting area... so forest1 (being area 1), ends up being area 0.

Except boss areas don't have the same drop rates since you only have one monster and boxes, all of which are set to specific RNG sets. No boss area box will give you anything but meseta, consumable green item, weapon or armor.

I also had a luck material drop at one point on my HUney on this server, and they are supposed to randomly drop as I've had on GC (even if it's only from boxes).

Except boss areas don't have the same drop rates since you only have one monster and boxes, all of which are set to specific RNG sets. No boss area box will give you anything but meseta, consumable green item, weapon or armor.

I also had a luck material drop at one point on my HUney on this server, and they are supposed to randomly drop as I've had on GC (even if it's only from boxes).
That depends of the quest, and how the boxes are programmed.

Run dragon fights as many times as you want. You will never get a material to drop from one of those boxes and a single set of 3 boxes will only drop meseta.
Dude, that's how they are programmed.... (Meseta: 040000)
DubqYtM.jpg

Your editor window says Episode I, though. :p There's no point in comparing Episode IV data of course, because it's always either copied from Episode I or II or pulled out of somebody's ass, as nobody except Sega has the original files.

Which is half of my point.
The other one, which you missed by 3 miles, is the fact that Luck materials are still supposed to drop.
Exactly what I said, depends on the quest... So if someone programs it to get whatever you want (as long as is allowed), you will get it....
I actually am right, they don't drop with the file I was reading... which I said wasn't Ephinea... and after Ives posted, stated that wasn't Tethealla either....

2) What? ... I'm not gonna dump a bunch of screenshots if that's what you mean.

I just want to know if it follows the same format: pow/evade or mind/hp alternating every area, with defense and luck dropping in all areas (Although you didn't have any luck data - only @Aleron Ives did)

I just wanna know how to properly hunt materials on Ephinea man :p

Seems like we almost got it figured out (Luck still seems iffy)

Just get the PT editor and download the ship source, inside param directory you'll get ItemPT.gsl.
It should be read just fine by my program (as I just did)... however as Ives stated, there is no official Ep4 data and everything is pulled out of someone's ass... and/or some approximations.

I guess you won't get meaningful info for Ep4 unless Soda or Matt share the ItemPT.gsl used in Ephinea (either the file or some export of it). I was gonna add some HTML export to the PT editor but got lazy at how many things it has .

Hi please no more argue

Here you go. Straight from Matt's ass

This is how material drops work:

Roll enemy DAR > Roll if rare or not > Roll if meseta, set or tool > Roll specific Tool

The chance of getting a material depends on the difficulty, episode and area. There are actually no differences to material drops depending on Section ID.

Note that the % chance is after the roll for the tool, the actual rate per enemy will be a lot lower.

Power, Evade and Def Materials drop from all areas at 1% rate.
Mind and HP Materials drop from Ruins 2 and 3 (and Seabed U and L) only at 1% rate.
Luck Materials drop from all areas at 0.2% rate.
Power and Evade Materials drop from:
Forest 1, Caves 1, Caves 3, Mines 2, Ruins 2 at 2.5% rate.
Mind Materials drop from:
Forest 2, Caves 2, Mines 1, Ruins 1, Ruins 3 at 2% rate.
HP Materials drop from:
Forest 2, Caves 2, Mines 1, Ruins 1, Ruins 3 at 2.5% rate.
Def Materials drop from:
Forest 1, Caves 1, Caves 3, Mines 2, Ruins 2 at 1.5% rate.
Forest 2, Caves 2, Mines 1, Ruins 1, Ruins 3 at 2% rate.
Luck Materials drop from all areas at 0.25% rate.
Power, Evade and Def Materials drop from all areas at 1.5% rate.
Mind and HP Materials drop from all areas at 1% rate.
Power and Evade Materials drop from:
Forest 1, Caves 1, Caves 3, Mines 2, Ruins 2 at 3% rate.
Mind Materials drop from:
Forest 2, Caves 2, Mines 1, Ruins 1, Ruins 3 at 3% rate.
HP Materials drop from:
Forest 2, Caves 2, Mines 1, Ruins 1, Ruins 3 at 3% rate.
Def Materials drop from all areas at 2% rate.
Power, Evade and Def Materials drop from all areas at 2% rate.
Mind and HP Materials drop from all areas at 1.5% rate.
Luck Materials drop from all areas at 3% rate.

I believe E4 uses E1 data, so replace Forest 1 with Crater East, Forest 2 with Crater whatever the next one is, etc...

Challenge Mode has its own set of data and is more specific (i.e. Power Materials are 5% in Forest, 3% in Caves 1, etc.

Back