How to TA with photon blast

Status
Not open for further replies.

government

Member
you make a room and go to a any place before picking a quest and everyone gets hit until they charge their photon blasts and you all decide your photon blasts then you use them all and you get lv 81 sd and it makes pso rlly rlly rlly rlly rlly rlly rlly fun to TA because no pb ta is rly annoying kthx everyone.
 

government

Member
you don't have to be 4 androids. in fact in ep4 you will need a fo i'm sure.
in ep2 you could use a ramarl for zalure and hell needle maybe?
 

Nebula

Prankster
i guess sodaboy doesnt understand the idea of Time Attack. you are supposed to get the best possible time at a quest with a timer? duh, but you also need get the best out of yourself. which means get the highest possible atp and strats. when you are going to actually TA and want to go for the best time possible you go with 4 way Phonton Blast. it makes 0 sence to me that we are no longer allowed to use that way in sodaboy's new idea.
this is how its done sodaboy. this is how Time Attack works.
why remove the perfect idea of the Time Attack?
the best records have been set this way. ofc there are certain ways a game has been cleared like: 2p TTF no pb, 4p ma4c no pb, 1p ma1c with pb you name it. but you will never get a better time at a quest without the actual use of 4way pb.
if you think people are putting less effort in your game when playing with 4way pb youre wrong. because you need to be much faster (sd runs out), need to know every single spawm and most of all you are NOT allowed to die. even with the higher dfp ppl who dont know the spawms will get rekt by megid or a baranz.
my point is: why wont you let us play pso the way its supposed to be? and dont give me that crap of going to another server or making my own and bla bla. im happy here but this makes no sence.
 

Soly

Member
4 way pb is not necessarily the "way to go", you said it, 2p TTF no pb, 4p ma4c no pb, etc... is just another TA "setup".
You won't (or at least would be very hard to) beat a pb TA time without pb, but then you should not compare both since they are not in the same conditions.
Man up and go without' your precious pb.
 

conenubi701

קרטל אל
Nebula said:
it makes 0 sence to me that we are no longer allowed to use that way in sodaboy's new idea.

You wont be on the leaderboards, but if you really wanted to TA then you can do it just like you could on scht. Just screenshot at the console and update the TA thread.
 

Nebula

Prankster
Soly said:
4 way pb is not necessarily the "way to go", you said it, 2p TTF no pb, 4p ma4c no pb, etc... is just another TA "setup".
You won't (or at least would be very hard to) beat a pb TA time without pb, but then you should not compare both since they are not in the same conditions.
Man up and go with your precious pb.
either you dont understand me or youre not thinking straight yourself but im talking about the best time possible for 1 certain quest. if youre aiming for the best time you want to have the highest possible atp.
 

Nebula

Prankster
conenubi701 said:
Nebula said:
it makes 0 sence to me that we are no longer allowed to use that way in sodaboy's new idea.

You wont be on the leaderboards, but if you really wanted to TA then you can do it just like you could on scht. Just screenshot at the console and update the TA thread.
i have to agree with you there, but if we're not allowed to play the best way possible there shouldnt be a TA event like this.
 

government

Member
i just personally think 4way pb runs are really fun because it doesnt limit what classes you have to play(having to play with a force), and there's no zalure dmc and everything dies faster and there's more flow and the list goes on and on and on.
 

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't like it, don't play. Personally, PBTA is really annoying anyway because you have to keep building everytime you want to do a new run. Especially annoying since there's a lot of restarts once you're getting better times as mistakes became more significant. There's a reason no PBTA became a thing later on.

For this specific TA event, it's going to be no PBTA whether you like it or not.
 

Nebula

Prankster
Matt said:
If you don't like it, don't play. Personally, PBTA is really annoying anyway because you have to keep building everytime you want to do a new run. Especially annoying since there's a lot of restarts once you're getting better times as mistakes became more significant. There's a reason no PBTA became a thing later on.

For this specific TA event, it's going to be no PBTA whether you like it or not.
thats the effort youre supposed to give a TA matt. if you keep crying about not wanting to build PB, youre not suited for the game. i personally enjoy this way of playing much more because you can go full force.
i indeed do not like it that we are stricted to a rule. we should be allowed to play on our own way. this is just another reason youre giving to make the game go the way you want it matt.
 

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it's up to you to decide if I'm not suited for playing the game or not.

I think it's time to stop crying and suck it up. The world doesn't revolve around you.
 

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Although the topic is locked, I guess I should post the reasons I made the TA event like so:

1. Because I can.

2. I think 4 way PB TA is stupid. People think they're so godly with the times they get doing 4 way PB TA, but they're just deluding themselves. They post low times but they don't bother to factor in the time it actually takes them to build up all that PB into their final time. The time it takes to get ready to even begin killing anything in the quest *is* a part of the run and should actually be included in the final time.

3. It lets people at the top be something other than *cast. (Even Forces can be on the board now.)

4. Because I like to see people cry.

5. If you're actually any good at the game as you think you are, you'll have no problem placing on the boards, regardless of the conditions required to do so. You'll adapt as stated earlier in this thread.

You're still free to PB TA, log your own times to brag and stroke your own egos, but they will never be considered as official clear times.

That's all I have to say regarding it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top