How to Self Resta

NDW

03:US/Fodra:02-11
Guildcard
Guildcard 2

With this guide you can cast Resta only on yourself, even if other members of the party are within your range.

Put Resta at or near the top of your Quick Menu to make it easier to perform.

You can self-Resta with one of two methods:
1) Perform an attack with (or without) a weapon and select Resta in your Quick Menu before your attack animation finishes. It is better to use an attack with a shorter animation if possible.

2) Do a lobby action such as Alt+F1, and select Resta in your Quick Menu before the animation finishes.

You can also fall down for real and then select Resta from the Quick Menu to avoid targetting other players. ;)

Using Technique switching to self-Resta is sadly fixed, though.
Yup. Just another trick originating from the bmode gods on the JP ships back in the day.

I apologize in advance for being "that noob", but what's the advantage of self resta as opposed to group resta?

If someone is using df he can go on using it instead of being annoyed to drop his hp again or giving up trying to use df due to restaspam (some forces would even follow me with resta if I would run away from them xD)
Sometimes as fo its not easy to decide what is right and in certain situations I can't avoid to heal the whole party because I won't let anyone die if I can prevent this even if the df user get upset (and if he knew me, he would know there was no other way xD
But I try to avoid it - _-

Last edited:
Sometimes as fo its not easy to decide what is right and in certain situations I can't avoid to heal the whole party because I won't let anyone die if I can prevent this even if the df user get upset (and if he knew me, he would know there was no other way xD
But it's also important to note that sometimes the party will be less likely to die if your DF player does their thing efficiently. So if it's between healing your party (and the DF) or not healing anyone, sometimes the right choice is still to not heal anyone. Your party is also probably used to healing themselves if they're experienced players. :) But this is besides the point of the video! Cool vid, NDW.

If someone is using df he can go on using it instead of being annoyed to drop his hp again or giving up trying to use df due to restaspam (some forces would even follow me with resta if I would run away from them xD)
Thank you for explaining that! One last question, what is df? I apologize in advance, I'm still learning the lingo.

Thank you for explaining that! One last question, what is df? I apologize in advance, I'm still learning the lingo.
Dark Flow, a weapon made of the enemy part from the ep2 endboss Olga Flow. When dropping beyond an certain amount of hp you can use the mighty special, which is unique to this weapon.

Dark Flow, a weapon made of the enemy part from the ep2 endboss Olga Flow. When dropping beyond an certain amount of hp you can use the mighty special, which is unique to this weapon.
Thank you Yuffie! I never played much of episode 2 when it first came out so it's a bit of new territory for me lol.

Also note that you can do this on weapon switch as well although it's a bit trickier since you can't use the quick menu to buffer a frame-perfect cast. You'd have to time it on the first available frame. I accidentally do this when trying to cast S/D when switching to Tyrell's.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDW
In V2 regular play it's much more common to use these tricks to self Shifta, though. ;)
Hmm, to me it's not the smart choice since you don't always spawn next to each other in b2 b3 b6. If you're doing 1v1 and you go into combat in v2 you're going to have shifta on you (at least you should since you'll be looking at the timer when you cast shifta and you'll know when it will run out). If you're in close enough range where self shifta would be used it would be more beneficial to cast an attack technique or heal yourself. I personally used self resta far more than self shifta on v2, everyone has different styles and approaches to the game though.

Vex, you’re focusing on battle mode. Hehe.

Self Shifta was useful in V2 because lower level Shifta overrode higher level Shifta in PvE play. ;(

Not just for using DF but also allowing others to have their HP at a certain amount to trigger mag invincibility eg. delbiter charge.

I apologize in advance for being "that noob", but what's the advantage of self resta as opposed to group resta?
There isn't one just use a mate ffs

Had to come back from the dead after seeing this

Back