How does everyone feel about staggered event shops/NPCs?

Bliz

Guildcard
I wanna clarify in advance that this isn't a complaint thread, I am loving the summer event!

I'm curious what people's opinions are regarding how the event is being run in terms of rewards. While we got some incomplete shops to start off with, more items have been added to the badge shops and new NPCs such as the Scavenger and Hunter have come out by us reaching kill milestones. It's got some pros and cons, and I wonder if the pros are worth it! It gives the server more incentive to kill and reach milestones and the anticipation of new rewards is exciting, wondering what's going to come out. However, it also discourages you from spending any of your badges until the end of the event, in case some expensive, very sought after item reveals itself near the end. It'd be nice to be able to cash in on some rewards during the event without feeling like you're taking a huge risk. I'm okay with the current format, but I personally feel like kill milestones should be reserved for things like server boosts and items rewarded during maintenance. Having all the potential rewards laid out on the table from the start also can encourage people to farm like crazy from the start if they really like what they see, and avoids scenarios like people skipping on the event because they don't like the rewards, only to find an item they want later added to a shop and then joining the event late.

That's my two cents, what about you all?

I wasn't the one who did the major planning for the event and/or rewards, but I agree with how they are now.

Perhaps some may feel betrayed by having things revealed over time, but I think it's a good thing for people to earn better rewards over time as opposed to just getting everything at once.

I don't believe in revealing all the rewards instantly either, because there is no sense of mystery and mystery is a good thing. Keeps things fresh and interesting.

About being discouraged to spend your badges until the end of the event, I don't see any problem with that either. For those who are patient, they can spend their badges at the end of the event. This "problem" only affects those who are impatient, but the shops will always be there.

For those who skip a good chunk of the event and join late because they finally see something they like as a reward, that is, again, their own problem. The rewards are designed for those who have been participating in the event. (That's why we call it a "reward".) If someone gets shafted on a reward because they didn't feel like participating in the event until much later, that's 100% on them.

In other words, seems like the majority of issues you bring up are only issues to the "I want it now" crowd which, to me, isn't a con at all. :)

i feel like the event would seem like a bit of a slog if we were all just looking at the 6 million reward and hoarding badges for it

That's the point of it all though - risk. For the sake of keeping things interesting like Sodaboy said.

Do you spend now or save for later? The choice is yours!

That's the idea.

The MA4 quests were specifically designed to encourage playing with other people (although you can solo them all, though I dunno if that's possible as a HUmar).

make a hell jcutter and party with someone with a froozer and someone with demons and at least one robot!
ezpz

ma4 2c is fucking bullshit lol. I'm fine with the rest of them. I do ma4 2c and if everyone isn't 150+ (preferably 200) with uber 1337 gear we lose. (I literally lost that quest twice in a row with full parties)

It's not just "party with people" it's "party with the right people or lose." And those "right people" have already done a ton of 2c and don't want to anymore. So I'm p much stuck at 6 points in that quest with no motivation to do the rest.

I totally agree with you. However...you don't have to run these in Ulti all the time. I've done a few 1C and 2C runs in Very Hard....it's still worth 4 HBR points. No joke, I'd be happy to do a couple of 2C runs in VH with you later if you'd like.

I like the current system.

My only gripe is that the easiest way to get badges is TIMED QUESTS.

And if you do the HBR evenly (properly), some of them are REALLY hard even with 4 people.

/cry
Honestly I feel like the timer should be reduced to 20 mins for this event...

(On topic I think this event is really good and wouldn't change anything)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zen
Not so sure I agree with MA4C being too tough with four people, but I do think it requires a good composition and basic competency. You don't exactly need to be a god (gear or skilled) to complete them.

For instance, I'm only 126 and pretty "poor" (mostly use charge weapons and occasionally Spread Needle/Frozen Shooter with hit%) and I was able to complete the 4 I've done so far with quite a few minutes remaining because we had androids that used their traps and forces that used SDJZ (one that didn't even cast offensive spells or switch from GD, in one instance).

I will say that you are kind of screwed if your party fills up without 1 android or 1 force if you aren't severely overgearred/leveled though.

Not so sure I agree with MA4C being too tough with four people, but I do think it requires a good composition and basic competency. You don't exactly need to be a god (gear or skilled) to complete them.

For instance, I'm only 126 and pretty "poor" (mostly use charge weapons and occasionally Spread Needle/Frozen Shooter with hit%) and I was able to complete the 4 I've done so far with quite a few minutes remaining because we had androids that used their traps and forces that used SDJZ (one that didn't even cast offensive spells or switch from GD, in one instance).

I will say that you are kind of screwed if your party fills up without 1 android or 1 force if you aren't severely overgearred/leveled though.
He's talking about 2c, first day of event I didn't finish it 4 times, you definitely need a decent party for it

He's talking about 2c, first day of event I didn't finish it 4 times, you definitely need a decent party for it
Fair enough, but in his original post, he said "some of them" were "REALLY hard" and so I went off that.

I've had more than 3 minutes on the clock every time I've ran MA2C. None of these MA4 quests are too difficult. ;)

And I like how the rewards are being revealed as my reach a killcount. I think it's better this way because I am way more motivated to keep piling up the kills and badges. And yes, I am hoarding all of mine (and not converting any to higher badges) until we know all of the prizes.

You can clear MA4C E2 with 2 casts (no FO) if you know what you're doing. You really don't need a "carry party" at all. While not quite relevant, we did it with a HUcast, RAmar and a HUcaseal with no gear and 6:30 or something remaining on the clock yesterday, and I haven't played that quest in a long while (forgot most of the spawns).

Chances are if you're failing, you're not pulling your weight enough either. The people who are constantly blaming everyone else are usually the issue.

While not quite relevant, we did it with a HUcast, RAmar and a HUcaseal with no gear and 6:30 or something remaining on the clock yesterday, and I haven't played that quest in a long while (forgot most of the spawns).
AND IT SUCKED ASS.

But still plenty doable, it only takes a few mins longer.

You weren't part of the game I meant, I was talking Episode 2 MA4C. :p

But honestly, going full cast (or 15/20 Shifta/Deband) is better than sitting around forever waiting for a FO...

I've failed quite afew ult runs, but i make no bones about my char being terrible damage (12x racaseal, new char to the server so not alot of shinys and crap). But i play a support/lock-down role pretty well imo, im just struggling on the damage front which isn't helping my party because i do about 50 damage without decent buffs in later levels, but perma locking mobs with spread needle? sure thing lol

I've failed quite afew ult runs, but i make no bones about my char being terrible damage (12x racaseal, new char to the server so not alot of shinys and crap). But i play a support/lock-down role pretty well imo, im just struggling on the damage front which isn't helping my party because i do about 50 damage without decent buffs in later levels, but perma locking mobs with spread needle? sure thing lol

Find a way to help your team. Beats having the perfect party of ppl doing nothing :p

Back