Hey!

Jade DaBain

Hey everyone! I would like to introduce myself. Im Jade! *waves* I hope that I can be friends with everyone on here and be loved by all! Anyways, a little about me. Ive been playing Phantasy Star all the way since the original on the Master System. Ive played pretty much most of the games except for a few recent ones like Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity and Phantasy Star Nova. To me though, PSO has been and will always be not just the best Phantasy Star game ever, but also my favorite online game. I even messed around with Tethealla, even fixing a bug that was present with the character creation screen. I hope that I feel welcomed here on this server and dont be afraid to say hi to me and talk to me, if you see me in game or even by PM on this forum. Id be more then happy to reply back. :D

Oh nooo, you must play PSP2Infinity as it's probably the best game in the entire PS series (or at the very least, it's just behind PSO). Nova is also a really solid game, much more than PSO2 so I have to recommend that.

falkenjeff said:
How did you manage to play any of those first-person view dungeons in the original Phantasy Star games?

I had Phantasy Star Collection on GBA. I decided "I'm not gonna look up any maps and actually play this legit," busted out some graph paper, and tried to literally sketch the dungeon as I walked through it. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to scale (it didn't seem moving "one unit" in the dungeon would translate to "one unit" on a piece of graph paper). I ended up not completing very much of the game at all :(.

Oh and hi.

I did just as you said. Graph paper. If you do it right, it will fit. Just remember, your not timed so take it slow and easy. Now days though, you have GameFAQs to help you. They have the maps there, but of course, I didnt have that back then. :ugeek:

falkenjeff said:
How did you manage to play any of those first-person view dungeons in the original Phantasy Star games?

I had Phantasy Star Collection on GBA. I decided "I'm not gonna look up any maps and actually play this legit," busted out some graph paper, and tried to literally sketch the dungeon as I walked through it. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to scale (it didn't seem moving "one unit" in the dungeon would translate to "one unit" on a piece of graph paper). I ended up not completing very much of the game at all :(.

Oh and hi.

Yep, like Jade said, graph paper and such. Back in the days before gameFAQs and the like, we just sorta did that out of instinct I suppose. I'm sure I've got an old folder somewhere with maps and charts going back to some of the NES RPG's when I decided I was tired of winging it like I had with others. It's always amusing to my spouse when I wind up playing a remake of some old game and I just sort of break out the graph paper to start keeping track of things before he kindly points out that all I need to do is pull up the brand new in game map.

And allo to Jade. Always nice to see all the series vets pop into these games.

Back