Hello humans

Steamax

Greetings, I just recently started playing. I played quite a bit of PSO on the gamecube, but only offline. I started playing this because PSO2 has driven me away with the episode 4 updates, but I still crave some phantasy star action. So I decided to return to where I started and see if there was still some way to play PSO. lo and behold I find a happy little private server! I hope we can get along and have fun shooting some monsters.

Welcome aboard <3

Flag me down if you ever want a hand leveling.

Greetings, I just recently started playing. I played quite a bit of PSO on the gamecube, but only offline. I started playing this because PSO2 has driven me away with the episode 4 updates, but I still crave some phantasy star action. So I decided to return to where I started and see if there was still some way to play PSO. lo and behold I find a happy little private server! I hope we can get along and have fun shooting some monsters.
Heya! Welcome to Ephinea! I am the humble Peppercat. First time I've really heard someone leave PSO2 because of Ep4. I mean I think the new director is out of his mind and episode 4 is pure cancer, but as a PSO2 veteran, the biggest reason I don't play it isn't ep4. It's knowing the only thing I have to look forward to is the endless grinding for Austeres and god-tier affixes. >.<

If you see me in game (I'm usually on Bee nowadays) say hi and maybe I can hook you up with a new toy or two. :3

Heya! Welcome to Ephinea! I am the humble Peppercat. First time I've really heard someone leave PSO2 because of Ep4. I mean I think the new director is out of his mind and episode 4 is pure cancer, but as a PSO2 veteran, the biggest reason I don't play it isn't ep4. It's knowing the only thing I have to look forward to is the endless grinding for Austeres and god-tier affixes. >.<

If you see me in game (I'm usually on Bee nowadays) say hi and maybe I can hook you up with a new toy or two. :3

hahaha, well I've never minded the grinding much because I never really focused too much on chasing the new super high tier equipment. I thought the core gameplay was fun and liked shooting monsters in a cool, immersive (and maybe sometimes a bit silly) fantasy/sci-fi world. Then they set the game on earth and made the story about some random kids playing a game, and it just wasn't interesting. The enemy designs hit rock bottom as well. What happened to fighting giant sea monsters, supersonic crystal dragons and freaking space satan? Now we get the thrilling fight of... some while collar workers with blue stuff on them, a raticate, and a regular tank? It just didn't feel like phantasy star anymore. And I don't want to mine rocks or pick berries in fields, I brought guns with me to shoot monsters! there as never been so much overhead fluff to getting to the action in a PS game before.

anyway, that went on a bit long. Thanks for the welcome, hope to see you around ^^

Damn dude they treally tried that hard to tie into the anime? lmao I probably won't bother going back once I learn runes then....that sucks.

WELCOME BROTHER

Hmmmmm, judging by the title of this thread, the mention of guns, and the interesting name 'steam'....mew's gonna guess you're of the Cast RAnger class? =3
PSO2 is a GORGEOUS game, but from what we're hearing from everyone who's returned home to us...PSO2 just doesn't have the same "CHARM" as this old pixelated original! <3
It's both a shame and a blessing you never did Gamecube Online. PSOGC was Hell for some ppl having to deal with Proxy user hacking codes to corrupt your character in game or FSODs...BSODs...Bank robberies....mem card wipes...the list goes on....But, now you get to communicate with Real ppl other than NPCs =3. You will find us talkative, upbeat, lovers of anime, and quite eager to help if needed here!
So, Welcome to your new Home! Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you! =3

Hmmmmm, judging by the title of this thread, the mention of guns, and the interesting name 'steam'....mew's gonna guess you're of the Cast RAnger class? =3
PSO2 is a GORGEOUS game, but from what we're hearing from everyone who's returned home to us...PSO2 just doesn't have the same "CHARM" as this old pixelated original! <3
It's both a shame and a blessing you never did Gamecube Online. PSOGC was Hell for some ppl having to deal with Proxy user hacking codes to corrupt your character in game or FSODs...BSODs...Bank robberies....mem card wipes...the list goes on....But, now you get to communicate with Real ppl other than NPCs =3. You will find us talkative, upbeat, lovers of anime, and quite eager to help if needed here!
So, Welcome to your new Home! Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you! =3

Was it that obvious? I picked RAcast back when I first played PSO because I thought he looked cool and have played a RAcast in every PS game since. I don't know much about end game or class tiers in this game so hopefully I've got a good one!

Was it that obvious? I picked RAcast back when I first played PSO because I thought he looked cool and have played a RAcast in every PS game since. I don't know much about end game or class tiers in this game so hopefully I've got a good one!
You'll prolly be accepted with wide open servos within the community with the staic Echoes of "CAST MASTER Race" So you'll be in good company dear! =3

hahaha, well I've never minded the grinding much because I never really focused too much on chasing the new super high tier equipment. I thought the core gameplay was fun and liked shooting monsters in a cool, immersive (and maybe sometimes a bit silly) fantasy/sci-fi world. Then they set the game on earth and made the story about some random kids playing a game, and it just wasn't interesting. The enemy designs hit rock bottom as well. What happened to fighting giant sea monsters, supersonic crystal dragons and freaking space satan? Now we get the thrilling fight of... some while collar workers with blue stuff on them, a raticate, and a regular tank? It just didn't feel like phantasy star anymore. And I don't want to mine rocks or pick berries in fields, I brought guns with me to shoot monsters! there as never been so much overhead fluff to getting to the action in a PS game before.

anyway, that went on a bit long. Thanks for the welcome, hope to see you around ^^
I kind of like some of the mechanical enemies (the tank, the helicopter, the train dragon/hydra thing), but the other enemies are... More than a little unimpressive. Oh no, not the terrifying Salaryman! Watch out, it's an above-average sized rat! Someone save us, a crow!

Back