Happy Hours

Lileya

Crippled old lady
Guildcard
I'm guessing this has already been suggested, but I figured I'd give it a shot just in case.

Ultima does it (or used to at least) and Eden does it (or used to at least). Basically, for a few hours during the week (2 hours for Eden and I believe 3 hours for Ultima, but it could be only 1 hour on Ephinea if it's judged to generous), always at the same time on the same day, all drop rates are doubled and rare monster appearance rates are boosted as well. It's a fun and nice occasions to focus on harder hunts IMHO or it can be an excuse for more inactive players to log in.

I know we already have the Kill Counters benefits, but it's rather random (or based on population at a certain point in time, or events) and it would be nice to have something that is predetermined.

Also, I know it's hard to find a time that will please everybody (seeing as we have players from all over the World, mostly Europe and North America and also students, night owls or older players with a regular job), but almost everybody should be available sometimes on Saturday or Sunday (potentially early in the afternoon to accommodate both Europe and NA players).

Thanks for the opportunity to make a suggestion! :)

You could always have two single hours at different times throughout a day or change the time each HH to accommodate timezones. I'm all for HH tbh. But the issue with that is it could cause people to play less, ''ill wait to play during HH'' kinda thing. While the current system MSR, works for a whole weekly period which I much prefer (we get people waiting for this still). Both along side each other (without even mentioning HBR ontop as well) could also be a bit overpowered and nerfing MSR just to appease a new HH might not go down well. If it were implemented it would have to have those things taken into consideration. Overall I wouldnt mind seeing it but I'm a greedy jew.

Last edited:
This has come up a few times and it's always been a no. Happy Hours has always been unpopular amongst the staff because it usually promotes a "I'm not going to play until HH" mindset.

Things like these are unfortunately hard to balance, and having set times each week wouldn't work either since making a time for everyone would be difficult, and then to appease everyone you'd have to have a random system or lots of hours, which would definitely end up causing the above problem. The current milestone rewards already do this to an extent (personally I've always thought they should be harder so they're more of a rare occurrence rather than every 2-3 weeks), I'd personally rather not make it worse myself.

Some way to promote "hype" and have people be more inclined to get on would be great, but I'd rather do it without making the regular game look weak to people. I think MSR and events is probably more than enough.

Back