Halloween quest guard picky about who he takes cookies from?

Charlie CM

Guildcard
The Halloween quest guard only seemed to be willing to take a Cookie from the Red player in our Caves game tonight.

This caused us some confusion, followed by some strangeness where we wanted one normalmode player to make the room for Purplenum ID, but a Hardcore player had the cookie. So Purple made, a 3rd player joined, Purple left, HC joined to take red, purple and 4th player rejoined, then 3rd player started the quest the the HC player now in the red spot handed over the cookie.

We figured it out in the end, but it'd be a lot simpler if he'd take the cookie from anyone. :)

Not sure why you filed this as a bug report as this was mentioned in the very thread about the event here: https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/halloween-mini-event.8713/

You only need one cookie per party. Each player in the party does not require a cookie. The cookie can also only be paid by the red player, to avoid accidental overpaying. Note that without a red player, you will not be able to start the quests properly!!

It's just how it's designed.

Yeah i mean it hasn't caused an issue (did the hallo quests 10 times yesterday) just red player hands over the cookie, p simple!. Can be a bit trickier if hc involved though.

I've looked at the script again and I should have been able to let anyone pay the entrance fee without taking more than one cookie, but let me know if it does so I can revert to the only-red-gem-can-pay version.

If the red player were to accidentally disconnect after paying and starting the quest, will everyone else be okay?

Probably. Depends on how he coded it and when the dc happened.

It's fine, it doesn't keep checking.

Reactions: Ade
Back