Halloween Mini-Event

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
Halloween Mini Event
October 27th ~ November 10th
The Halloween mini-event has started and will last for 2 weeks.

During these 2 weeks, you'll be able to drop a "Halloween Cookie" from all monsters while you play, which will grant you access to the limited-time Halloween Quests:

• Hollow Battlefield: Caves
  • Hollow Battlefield: Ruins
  • Hollow Phantasm: Seabed
  • Hollow Wasteland: Wilderness
In these quests, all the colour has been sucked out of the maps* and it's up to you to check out what's up, but the military guards aren't letting anyone through, but perhaps with a little bribery they'll let you past.

The Halloween Cookie drops from all enemies at a rate of 1/2,000, regardless of any drop modifiers or difficulty. Note that it can't drop from scared rappies or boxes.

You only need one cookie per party. Each player in the party does not require a cookie.

*Except Seabed, because it just simply doesn't work.

In each quest you'll have +100% experience, +100% rare enemy rate and +100% rare drop rate. Each quest is a small arena-type quest, with a lot of enemies in a room, making them ideal for both farming and levelling!

We hope you enjoy the event! If there are any issues with the quests, don't hesitate to let me know.

If you have any further questions, feel free to use this thread.

Last edited:
Please lower the drop rate for the item or change it to how it was on the Sega server where it didn't require any items to do the quest

Matt created those quests, so there was never a "how it was on the Sega server" as they never were on the Sega server.

Episode 2 -> Event -> Pioneer Halloween (might actually be in One Person, I don't remember).

The Halloween quest category is custom and the quests there are specifically designed not to be accessed continuously.

it shouldn't be hard to understand. If he made the quests constantly available, then they'd have to be weaker to avoid introducing a huge influx of rare drops/xp/etc. this is a mini event on a Free server- we're lucky the team hosts these at all, let alone takes the time to balance them

This would have been a lot better if the quests had no boosts and were instead tied to the HBR, with some sort of "gold badge" type item to trade up for non-game-breaking items like mag cells. If this is supposed to make people want to play the game more, I don't see it.

That said, I'll try to "enjoy" this event as much as luck allows during its run. Everyone on the server is grateful to get ANY event, but it's entirely possible that players might not get to participate in it at all if the cookies don't come their way.

Last edited:
Do the cookies drop in just ultimate?

(Edit) sry just seen my answer in this thread. Lol

I think the cookies are meant to be just a nice bonus as you play however you normally do. Plus the black and white effect in the quests is really cool looking. The original Pioneer Halloween quest and Hallo Rappies already give out mag cells, and I wouldn't want the server to neuter the point of doing those two activities.

Besides, I'm sure anyone can trade cookies for PDs if they don't care for the quests and get whatever they want with them.
To Dman: They drop in all difficulties.

It should be kept in mind that this is indeed a mini event. Just something to pass the time till we get to our Christmas. :) Our better events are usually summer, anniversary. Also noteable are valentines/easter. There's always something happening every other month. ;)

@Matt:

Two questions, can cookies drop in one player mode, and what are the drop rates by difficulty?

Thanks for the event!

They drop in one person, and the drop rates do not differ by difficulty, so you could farm normal if you really wanted to, although that's a bit pointless.

Ephinea is probably not the place to do that unless you play extremely hardcore.

Small update, but the cookie should now be able to be paid by any party member, with only one cookie being deducted even if multiple people try to pay.

Let me know if that messes up.

It's a nice touch for the event to keep these boosts in check statistically using this drop mechanic, it's obviously with the health of the server in mind. It isn't Christmas after all.

This is such a cool event! I for one enjoy the thrill of hunting for an item to unlock a new quest. If I could just walk up to the counter and start it, then the quest wouldn't be as meaningful to me. The effort that builds up to the Halloween Mini event is awesome, thanks admins!

I am curious about the timeline, however. Does that mean you only have 2 weeks to find cookies and play the quest? Or that cookies will only drop during the 2 weeks, but the quest will always be available?

I'll probably take the quests out after a week or two after the cookies stop dropping, so you can't use them all year round, but you'll have some time to spend them.

I'll probably take the quests out after a week or two after the cookies stop dropping, so you can't use them all year round, but you'll have some time to spend them.
Will the items be removed, or become "worthless/Discontinued" rares after?

I won't remove the cookies, although they'll be worthless/discontinued, yes.

Though I guess they could be used for the next year, although I doubt much will change.

Back