Gaming Controllers to use with PSO? help please.

so i currently have logitech F710 rumble pad, and im using it with pinnacle game profiler which really doesnt seems to work all that great when mapping the keys to the game pad, i was just wondering if anyone happens to use the same game pad (controller) as me to play PSO with, If so do you recommend any other programs? also is a like a Playstation 4 controller compatible with the game with a game pad program, any other personally setups, addons or suggestions would be great! thanks for the help!

Joy2Key
also
Change pad + get Xpadder
or
????

I for one use a PlayStation 4 game controller and I have to load the program called InputMapper to enable the use of the controller. But as Spuz stated, try Xpadder. It works great for gamepad controllers.

so i currently have logitech F710 rumble pad, and im using it with pinnacle game profiler which really doesnt seems to work all that great when mapping the keys to the game pad, i was just wondering if anyone happens to use the same game pad (controller) as me to play PSO with, If so do you recommend any other programs? also is a like a Playstation 4 controller compatible with the game with a game pad program, any other personally setups, addons or suggestions would be great! thanks for the help!

I've been using the F710 and I have absolutly no problem. I don't use any other 3rd party programs tho, just the gamepad with the standard Logitech Gaming Software: http://support.logitech.com/en_ca/software/lgs

I leave the switch on Xinput and it works just fine. The game detects all the controller's buttons except the LT and RT (I think the same issue happens with X360 controllers).

Not only are the Wired Xbox360/ONE/PS4 pads 'plug and play', but the button layout is similar to the old school DC./GC pattern...so for some of us its 17 years of muscle memory. OH! And before you go SHOVING the plug into a hole in your PC like its your GF/BF and expect it to Like it midgame...you'll have to either start the PC with the plug already in it or close out PSO completely for it to handshake. Mew's been using an XBOX360 pad for over 10 years now and LOVE it...PSO however has worn out MOAR xbox pads than HALO ever did! XD! Stay Sane! <3!

Keep in mind one thing...The left and right buttons will be reversed, so if it gets confusing (B & X on XB360, for example), swap their functions in "Game Pad Configuration".

If you're coming from the GC controller, you won't have much choice except to map your X and B buttons backwards, e.g. so pressing the left button on the controller triggers the action you've mapped to the right button in PSO, because if you map the buttons normally, you'll have to cancel with X instead of B (in terms of GC button positions), which is even more confusing than having the buttons mapped backwards. :p The same is true if you play the GC version with a non-GC controller.

Any specific tips on how you configured this setup?
For racing games that I play on PC it is extremely useful to pull up telemetry. For PSO I don't have any special setup, I just use it for the numbered row in battle mode once in a while and to type in game so I don't have to set the controller down. I'm sure it would be easy to set macros to the KB for forces but I don't often play that class outside of cmode to bother setting it up.

I've recently been playing with the Hyperkin duke controller FOR THAT NOSTALGIA y0. I liked the original Duke over the Xbox S controller back in 2002 and I feel that it is a bit more comfortable than the launch day Xbox One controller before they fixed the shoulder buttons. The face buttons (A/B/X/Y) on the Duke are definitely smoother than the PS4/Xbox One/Switch Pro face buttons which means it's better for long gaming sessions, but the Elite still edges it out for me due to the extra weight, rubberized grips, and adaptability.

Someone needs to make an Elite controller with the Duke face buttons. That would be my perfect controller.

P_20180707_1931321.jpg

I for one use a PlayStation 4 game controller and I have to load the program called InputMapper to enable the use of the controller. But as Spuz stated, try Xpadder. It works great for gamepad controllers.

I know you posted this forever ago but could you share your profile for input mapper, I'm not having much luck with button mapping programs, I sure it's me lol

I know you posted this forever ago but could you share your profile for input mapper, I'm not having much luck with button mapping programs, I sure it's me lol

The PSO:BB online.exe needs to run as Administrator 99% of the time. The programs that read PSO:BB inputs also have to be run as administrator.

Last edited:
Oh! Yeah that makes sense, thank you so much for that. I definitely wasn't running input mapper as an admin.

Back