Game Crashing on Ranged Attack

Urith

Hello everyone,

I have been playing on the server for the last couple of days with no problems; however, after the patch this morning I have suddenly developed an issue. My game crashes whenever I make an attack with a ranged weapon (or at least with any handgun). I tried switching out the exact weapon to make sure it wasn't the item itself that was bugged, but the problem persisted.

Is anyone else having this issue? If not, any suggestions on what I could do on my end to fix it?

Thank you.

I looked around because I'm sure someone had asked about this before. But I think it was if they shot "to the camera".
I think Tofuman said something about directX.. sorry, can't find the topic

I just logged on and tested, didn't have any issue shooting guns or whatever.

I know the EXE file changed today, but the changes made only affect the stackable item array and unlocking certain items. What I would I if I were you is make sure you whitelist the EXE in your antivirus program, if you have one. If that doesn't help, try to reboot your machine.

Damn, you are right Soda (kinda), DEP (Data Execution Prevention), I think that's what Tofuman suggested to add the program to.

Yes, you have to disable DEP.

System > Advanced System Settings > Performance Settings > Data Execution Prevention and hit the top checkbox.

dfc0dc93e4.png

Reactions: Mad
Soly with the investigative skills... digging up old topics and displaying knowledge like WHAT.

I implemented all of those changes and the problem seems to have been resolved. Thank you all for your quick replies. Seems like a great community.

I just experienced this same problem after the update. I don't seem to crash unless my Racast uses his spread but I cannot figure out the reason. I have disable DEP so I know that wasn't the cause, anyone else got any information?

I also changed the packer, I just changed it again now. Can you re-patch and see if it helps?

Welp, I guess that previous packer is a piece of shit. Thanks.

For future reference : Sometimes a corrupted skin can cause crash issues as well. I'm not exactly sure at which point the texture is loaded. Though it would be rather bound to a specific weapon/bullet skin rather than a weapon family.

I know it's an old thread, but I just wanted to bump this because I had this exact issue tonight, and if it weren't for this thread I would have given up on playing a Ranger. Thank you so much!

I just wanted to also mention that I had this issue earlier. My friend was showing off his new ranger, and my game crashed. Logged back in, and it seemed as if every time I landed in Forest 1 my game would crash. Later I found out that it was when my friend shot his weapon that the game would crash. Found this post, disabling DEP for psobb.exe worked! Thanks!!

Back