Forcing Nvidia use on laptop?

That could probably be useful for some people.
Well nevermind that, I can most likely manage a true native directx9 port of this game given time (no dll or anything required). All I will need are testers able to run it on their own server. I started looking into this today and I already have alot of things mapped and fixed for dx9. On a plus side, I can tweak some settings that aren't in the game options. Anime basically confirmed my thoughts about directx8 being the issue.

That's if there is more than one or two people interested. It'd be nice if people posted here to give an idea. Well, aside from that, I just hope SEGA didn't copy paste their code billions of times cause it will be a mess to fix lol Might as well just dump the exe once the title screen is working so that we can compare the fps count. For now, I'm just looking at the amount of work so don't get your hopes up, but the directx device is already created and being used successfully as of right now.

Well nevermind that, I can most likely manage a true native directx9 port of this game given time (no dll or anything required). All I will need are testers able to run it on their own server. I started looking into this today and I already have alot of things mapped and fixed for dx9. On a plus side, I can tweak some settings that aren't in the game options. Anime basically confirmed my thoughts about directx8 being the issue.

That's if there is more than one or two people interested. It'd be nice if people posted here to give an idea. Well, aside from that, I just hope SEGA didn't copy paste their code billions of times cause it will be a mess to fix lol Might as well just dump the exe once the title screen is working so that we can compare the fps count. For now, I'm just looking at the amount of work so don't get your hopes up, but the directx device is already created and being used successfully as of right now.

If it's a modified exe it probably won't work on Ephinea (the anti-cheat will close it)

If it's a modified exe it probably won't work on Ephinea (the anti-cheat will close it)
I'm talking about an overall solution, if it works well, people can include it to their own server. Of course, they won't add some alpha code to their own server which is why you have to test on a local server initially. We have already seen the proxy dlls being too slow (unless it's some settings in the dll itself). I have a 6700k cpu so I don't lag with the proxy dll during my tests anyway.

I know this thread is dead but I pretty much disabled the integrated CPU. It works :).... with 5 fps...

Last edited:
I use dgvoodoo2 for FFXI to recognize my Nvidia gpu. I get much better performance boosts in that game with dgvoodoo.

I use it for PSO too, but still find my laptop heating up pretty quickly. I'm guessing it's mostly due to poor optimization from an old game. I'd recommend giving dgvoodoo2 a shot if anyone is having problems with the game.

Back