Fonewm Gear questions?

MagSnuggles

Hey guys! I was wondering what the ultimate gear setup would look like on a Fonewm and I wanted to ask your advice. I would love to hear your opinions on how to make the ultimate nuke machine for end game! Especially for the frames and barriers. Whats the ultimate goal? This is what I have gathered so far for end game gear.

Must have Fo Weapons:
-Pyscho wand (RA tech buff) Best weapon!!
-Magical piece (GI tech buff)
-Summit Moon (Basic Tech buff)
-Murcurius Rod (Grants buff)
-Dark Bridge (Megid Pierce/grants buff) ??

Ranged weapons:
-Bringer Rifle 50 Hit??
-Some solid Charge Vulcans??

Swords:
-Excalibur

Frame: This is where I need help: (which is better?)
-Mothers Garb plus
Or
-Ignition cloak

Note: That random Grants buff and 50 percent TP cost reduction is so tempting but ignition cloak buffs two very important fire techs that Fonewm seems to use a lot. I heard ignition cloak is usually the best but is the 10 percent buff really worth it over a Mother Garb+?

Barrier:
-Rafio Merge (I think is the #1 best choice)??
-Three Seals (Best for Razonde)
-Red Ring(Would this even be good on a nuke Fonewm)??

Units
V502
V101
V802 (is it really that good)??
Smart Link

Should I replace the V801 with an adept? Those residences and buffs are preeetty nice.

What are your thoughts? Any Fonewm mains out there that love to nuke stuff? What do you use the most? Any tricks or sleeper op weapons? Anything I’m missing?

Thanks for the feedback guys! Love this game and love the community.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I was wondering what the ultimate gear setup would look like on a Fonewm and I wanted to ask your advice. I would love to hear your opinions on how to make the ultimate nuke machine for end game! Especially for the frames and barriers. Whats the ultimate goal? This is what I have gathered so far for end game gear.

Must have Fo Weapons:
-Pyscho wand (RA tech buff) Best weapon!!
-Magical piece (GI tech buff)
-Summit Moon (Basic Tech buff)
-Murcurius Rod (Grants buff)
-Dark Bridge (Megid Pierce/grants buff) ??

Ranged weapons:
-Bringer Rifle 50 Hit??
-Some solid Charge Vulcans??

Swords:
-Excalibur

Frame: This is where I need help: (which is better?)
-Mothers Garb plus
Or
-Ignition cloak

Note: That random Grants buff and 50 percent TP cost reduction is so tempting but ignition cloak buffs two very important fire techs that Fonewm seems to use a lot. I heard ignition cloak is usually the best but is the 10 percent buff really worth it over a Mother Garb+?

Barrier:
-Rafio Merge (I think is the #1 best choice)??
-Three Seals (Best for Razonde)
-Red Ring(Would this even be good on a nuke Fonewm)??

Units
V502
V101
V802 (is it really that good)??
Smart Link

Should I replace the V801 with an adept? Those residences and buffs are preeetty nice.

What are your thoughts? Any Fonewm mains out there that love to nuke stuff? What do you use the most? Any tricks or sleeper op weapons? Anything I’m missing?

Thanks for the feedback guys! Love this game and love the community.
V801 is basically H/Battle for FO's! It's how mew gets away wiff Half the crap she does supporting parties~! You'll also need Adept to reduce the blow to your TP Nommage by %25 once you start rapid firing your techs! As for 'thoughts' on FOneys...Mercy is walking Giggling Rafoie/RAbarta grenade! >=3!

I don't bother with si techs on FOnewm (except for Falz) because it's not his forte and he has the atp to be decent with guns (eg. VISE/C-Vulc/Type ME/Mech). Not worrying about si techs frees you up to use the more powerful tech-specific merges instead of the weaker color merges (red, blue, yellow). So on my FOnewm I carry

Rafoie Merge
Rabarta Merge
Three Seals
Gifoie Merge
Red Ring (if playing ep. 2)

Gizonde Merge would also work as an alternative to 3 Seals.

For armors I generally use Ignition Cloak, or else Smoking Plate when I want more dfp. Regarding MG+, I think the tp saving is unnecessary when you already have Psycho Wand, Adept and trifluids exist(could be nice if you use spirit though). The grants boost is neat but that depends on how much you use grants.

If you want piercing Megid, it's best to equip Cursed Cloak / Dirty Life Jacket and no weapon (or Angry Fist) for the fast casting animation. Dark Bridge is sick-looking but not all that useful for how much it costs...

I believe that the Psycho Wand is a luxury, not really required imho unless you are absolutely dead set on being a sublime FOnewm. I use Gifoie more than Ra, typically. If you can get your hands on one then by all means, but the hunt is just too oppressive for a casual like me.

Slicer of Fanatic is also nice if you want to pretend you're helping in a meaningful way. In my experience it's easier to SNS glitch than the Bringer's Rifle, and you can hit 3 targets. I still lug around a Bringer's too, though.

I only use v502 in Episode 2 with a Hell Raygun, which replaces the v801 I have on most of the time. So at any given moment, I'll have on
101/SL/502/Adept or 101/SL/801/Adept.
v502's instakill and freeze rate increase only applies to weapon specials, not techniques, so no reason to have one unless you have a good Hell/Arrest weapon on hand

A Glide Divine is also a nice thing to have handy, everyone loves a level 30 Zalure that covers a whole room.

It really does depend on the, episode and your overall roll in each party. In ep 4 ille wear Ignition cloak and gifoe merge with adept v801 smartlink and v101. I organize my weapons for quicker fast swapping. I swap to Glide Devine for jellen / zalure on each spawn. Swap back over to magical peice and gifoie spam, swapping to solferino as needed for a resta. Ill occasionally swap over to bringer's rifle or sliver of fanatic (hence v101 and smartlink) to demon's a zu or dorphon that's lingering.
Ep 1 and 2, im wearing virus armor to max defense and red ring.
ep2 I swap adept for v502. but its same thing. j/z on spawns. swap to hell raygun to help kill and swap to solferino to restra as needed. You can just bypass the v502 and use megid if you want. You'll want your ata capped if using raygun.
Ep 1 is pretty much the same as ep 4. but i leave adept and ill excalibur things that are tech resistant. I do use a foie merge and ignition cloak with summit moon on fallz final form for maximizing foie while he's glowy.

The only other relevant information is my mags. i have 2 mags. One is pow dex and caps everything buy my mind for ep 1 and 2. the other is mnd/dex and caps everything but power in ep 4 (the only place i really use techs outside of falz final form or something.)

Back