Favourite Story NPC?

Sky's the Limit

FOnewearl
Who are some of your favourite story NPCs and why?

Dr. Montague is one of mine. Just because of his quirky over confidence and his playfully chaotic nature. Basically a science fantasy mad-scientist.

Elly Person is definitely another favourite. She was really just a random person who fell in love with someone over the internet. That someone happened to be one of the AIs from Pioneer 1. She wasn't very competent in combat, but she tried her best.

I also kinda liked Shino. Her story was very sad. I just wanted to give her a hug. It's a nice look into older model Androids.

Who are some of your favourite story NPCs and why?

Dr. Montague is one of mine. Just because of his quirky over confidence and his playfully chaotic nature. Basically a science fantasy mad-scientist.

Elly Person is definitely another favourite. She was really just a random person who fell in love with someone over the internet. That someone happened to be one of the AIs from Pioneer 1. She wasn't very competent in combat, but she tried her best.

I also kinda liked Shino. Her story was very sad. I just wanted to give her a hug. It's a nice look into older model Androids.
Shino.....PAWS DOWN! Mews fave =') 2nd would be Melissa from 'Forsaken Friends'. 3rd Elenor =3

Going with Kireek, 'cause you get to watch him lose it the same way that everything gets more Event Horizon-y the deeper you get into Episode I. Incidentally, Event Horizon is one of my favorite movies.

I like Kireek, his quests, and story. Back in the DC PSO days I used to do the quests required to face him and take his SOUL EATER.

He's such a good guy, was my first teacher, I'm still trying to impress him...
Our server resident Phantasystarved makes some AWESOME videos that you can't help but feel for KIREEK XD!
Section ID's is one of mews fave episode! She will Never look at that guild panel the Same again!!! <3

Last edited:
Never thought to pick a favorite quest character. There's several good stories going on. I would like to see continuation of the story with Dr. Montague, Elenor, and Ult. Hmm, no one has mentioned Ult. Where's the love for her? So far I've played Ep 1 extensively and beat Ep 2 on normal (Should beat soon on hard on Gamecube. Want the accomplishment of doing it solo first on that before I play it with others on here). Haven't seen any Ep 2 quests yet. So please don't spoil anything other than saying you do see more to that story. Otherwise, I find the whole Frying Pan side quest story pretty funny. BTW, next year Kikoku will craft the Yasha.

Last edited:
I always thought his name was Bernie, but when I did the mission on the server it showed up as Barnie.

His name showed up as Bernie for me during "Gran Squall" and most other occasions where his name is mentioned, except for one point in the Sue/Bernie subplot where it comes up as "Barnie". Blame Sega's localization team for not proofreading NPC dialogue thoroughly, since a quick search for PSO scripts shows that it's at the same spot for the Gamecube version (and likely the Dreamcast version, if the Sue/Bernie subplot was available for it prior to the Gamecube version).

But yeah, I'm pretty sure "Bernie" is the original name that Sega used for him.

Nol, for Science reasons.
Also the one newm in Max Attack S ep 2(no idea if you have that quest here.) that wants cheeseburgers.

Reactions: Mad
Back