Favorite Period of PSO?

For me it was definitely 2003-2007 GCN days, I never played online until the BlueBurst Beta, but I would get together on the weekends and many days during summer break from high school with 3 friends just hunting rares. I remember when I made my first Sato and how exciting it was. I also can't forget to mention PSO Ep III, I loved playing that so much, the music was awesome and I remember many nights of staying up late to play it, falling asleep to unguis Lapus's soothly music and the announcer's monotone voice. :3

I didn't know people actually enjoyed Ep. 3 -- I sure didn't. :D

For me, probably the SEGA BB days when there were hundreds to thousands of people online at once. This is also the first version I actually hit level 200.

About midway through v2's life span. Countless BA6 tourneys and i could just jump into any JP ship to C-mode at anytime. There were periods where i only had 20 or so characters at level one. all i did was C-mode. I still have all that data.

I also miss being able to fsod dick heads when they went through TP's. and i miss being able to fill up the teams PB right before a boss fight for that S/D combo.

Private Servers. Only time I gotten online with PSO (and I only saw gameplay of the game before hand) lmao. Got to say, despite being a loner for the time being, it's enjoyable to come back to a lively lobby.

...well, I hadn't even played much at all either.

For me it was definitely when MA4C returned to play in late 2012, and did Time Attack on SCHTserv.

I wish it really didn't turn into Ban wars, Cause it was fun TAing against real competition.

For me it was definitely when MA4C returned to play in late 2012, and did Time Attack on SCHTserv.

I wish it really didn't turn into Ban wars, Cause it was fun TAing against real competition.
i agree, but i'll be honest and come out and say it's fun metagaming and having other people conspiring against you. it is too bad that bans happened though, especially when they hit the japanese community due to some things that were "Unseen" to others. 2012-13 was really the golden era in terms of quality of play for bb. i remember spamming government multi a lot in that period and getting used to carrying randoms. i think peak playing with randoms was like 19+ in e4 with bebezinha and some other br + revision. carrying people in 4-4 for hours on end was really great, too. i think my play was considerably higher quality at this point since i actually cared about a lot of points like having finer execution etc, now i am really lazy. i remember my first row pass was around this time (my last time playing it was in 2011 with a different team) and it was 5'xx and it really didn't even feel like i had to try. it's really magical when you have good synergy with teammates and games just come together well.
i miss a few of the better players from this era as well, i regret not dragging them further into ta. one thing this period of time also saw is the rise of the neanderthal. the least intelligent players (alu particularly, since he is the best hucast, no real debate here) got very good at pso. watching a team grow and being a part of facilitating lots of learning and new strats is really special. i miss how dumb things were at that point as well.
i think the server situation has stabilized at this point. while that's nice, i don't think the magic will ever really come back since i am considerably busier with real life and have a real job and can't commit hours and hours a day to pso. the fact of the matter is that we really missed the train and i think most of the people truly interested in optimization moved on in the mid 2000s since there was no community actively facilitating the development of strats or pushing the boundaries. just some random thoughts.

Last edited:
When I first discovered BB, I think I came in right when scht ended their closed testing. I loved gamecube but finally getting to play PSO online was glorious. I actually discovered so much about the game and how little I knew about it.

December 17th 2006 when schthack bb first came out.
2010 to late 2012 introduced me to teamspeak and a lot of friends I still have today.
The past year and a half has been the best experience of the game, gameplay wise. And getting to leave my mark on the game with quests is hard to not smile at.

Christmas Event 2015 on Ephinea
it was the BEST, and also my first time playing Fiasco
e7lcAwW.png

Christmas Event 2015 on Ephinea
it was the BEST, and also my first time playing Fiasco

I concur, Christmas 2015 Ephinea was fun times trying to do Fiasco with literal rags for gear, made the presents and upgrades within that much sweeter.

The best time is now, when pso has shit like, high res hud, enb + shaders, lua+ addons and people always making new little things to make our experience delightful!

How did I miss this.
About midway through v2's life span. Countless BA6 tourneys and i could just jump into any JP ship to C-mode at anytime. There were periods where i only had 20 or so characters at level one. all i did was C-mode. I still have all that data.

I also miss being able to fsod dick heads when they went through TP's. and i miss being able to fill up the teams PB right before a boss fight for that S/D combo.

Miranda Block 7 was the greatest.

Attachments

• IMISSEDIT.JPG
    IMISSEDIT.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 38
I forgot when but there was this real interesting period (Soda was admin) on Schthack where we basically had a hell hole sub-forum of "anything fucking goes" and while some real dumb shit was done/said, it was pretty damn funny. Heartbreaker had a target on his (her?) back while Demon and I apparently just could do nothing wrong.

Oh, but PSO. Yeah probably when EP3 was big enough that you'd get kicked to Lobby 3 on whatever popular Ship/Block of the day. wub was generally a pretty fun period on Scht too, well before Melty vanished anyway. also i'll take this time to say sorry if I legitimately wronged whoever reads this back in the day. (so not Kireek or Lee)

Whilst I started on DC I found online was full of malicious hacking. The first time I went online I was NOL'd and I lost my level 40 something character. Throughout my time on there I saw a lot of hacking and nonsense. Whilst PSO was a great game on DC I think a lot of the community ruined it for the legit players. Plus back in the days of dial up internet my dad rationed me to 2 hours online a week. Thank goodness for offline mode.

GC days remained my fav for a long time as my gf at the time had unlimited internet. A shame for her as I was on PSO all the time :p

I think rediscovering PSO on SCHT was the highlight for me as the nostalgia was strong and I invested a lot of time in it.

Ed

Back