Ephinea Christmas 2023 Event Thread

Yeah, and on those servers you hadn't played the game for 8 years straight so everything seemed exciting.

We don't aim for the people who have played 8 years and have everything, because that would mean changing the progression curve of the game significantly, as if something epic is easier for you to get, it's also easier for everyone else to get and they skip 8 years of progress.

There's nothing to think about - you've played the game too much, it's time to quit.
I kinda see it like this. You can set goals for yourself in PSO and try to attain them all. Thats motivation for sure. But yeah at some point you might have all you were looking for.

I am handling it this way: I made a ton of chars, cause I love the level up sound and early game progression. I invent characters with well personality. Something I want to invest even more into, is to genuine roleplay my characters.
So this is one of my motivation points.

Second is style. I dont aim for endgame stuff. I want to have it, for sure. But it comes along naturally. Hopefully. And I dont want to force me into collecting the Power Gear just yet. I am excited for my Toy Hammer. I want a tension blaster, with Morolian Mag + fitting character. Thats fun to me.

But still yeah, at some point I wmight have all I care about too. I dont really believe that, since some drops are so insane, but yeah maybe.

So I tend to enjoy the road that PSO presents to me. I find the pacing perfect. There should not be big changes I think.

I also love being a team leader and provide support and the knowledge I have gathered to the new and returning players. That is motivation for me right there. And thinking about a Melee Fonewearl, a pure fun and quirky character with fun weapons and chu chu fever frame gets me giggling.

In the end, there are ways to explore PSO outside of Loot hunting. I fear that Loot hunting would bring my personal motivation down the fastest. So I try to pace it slowly. Hmm alright. To whoever read this, thanks. Imma stop now lol.

I don't know dude, some of the stuff I'm seeing out of these presents are pretty damn good.
75H Calibur, 30H Galatine, 65H Hell/Arrest/Charge variety guns, Photon Hoard even! You get a free 99 PD's just for opening a gift.

I'm not sure what you're expecting when you open them, if you're hoping for that one magical Christmas event where you expect nothing new and then you open a gift and out pops a brand new custom weapon, like the old days, that breaks the game and everybody wants. That likely wont ever happen again.

I feel like your rant was more about being mad that nothing was dropping for you than it was about what you are saying it was about. Part of the excitement is in getting the gifts. I obviously don't speak for everybody, but I personally enjoy the thrill of finding a gift and the thrill of opening it to see what I get. Even if the item is trash, like a measly PD or something, it may be disappointing but you need that disappointment in tandem with the excitement of getting something amazing because getting bad stuff makes getting great stuff even greater.

My thoughts: you should probably quit. Not quit the game per say, but quit whatever rant you want to enthrall the rest of us with because its not winning any points with anybody and you're not really making any strides with potential changes.

As an aside I've had my eye on the global kill counter for a bit and the 1 billion kill mark is gonna be something I'm celebrating on a personal level even if my personal contribution pales in comparison to a lot of folks here

N-VH

PD x2
PC x1
HP x3
PC x3

Last edited:
Its hard to balance things that didnt/dont exist in Vanilla, like this event and its rewards. I think the staff has done a great job of rewarding ppl with worthwhile stuff that isnt OP...while maintaining the integrity of the normal grind of the game (e.i. finding 80+ hit Cals, 35 hit+ Gals, etc).

Last edited:
  • Hell TypeGU/Hand (0/0/0/0|40) from an ultimate present bought with coal.

Back