DMC Fix Update and small Hunter buff / Note about multiclient/boxing

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Guildcard
We've pushed a quick update to the ships for a couple of things:

- The damage cancel fix code should now be improved and it should function similarly to how it was on release (let us know if you end up getting cancelled)
- The Hunter has had Windmill, Imperial Pick and Red Mechgun removed from his gambles. We kind of over-nerfed him a bit there, just the % weight change was fine.
- A new .dll update has been pushed to drop people opening more than 2 clients on one system.

I'm going to take this opportunity to mention that if we find you playing on 3 or more clients to abuse the PSO2 drop system, we will slap you with immediate warns / bans depending on frequency. An update has been pushed to stop people opening more than 2 clients, but multiboxing to do the same thing will still get you warned.

Note that playing with multiple people on the same IP won't get you flagged or banned, so don't worry about that. We can tell if it's one person or multiple abusing PSO2 drops.

Thanks, and we hope you enjoy playing on Ephinea!

Last edited:
I'm going to take this opportunity to mention that if we find you playing on 3 or more clients to abuse the PSO2 drop system, we will slap you with immediate warns / bans depending on frequency. There will be an update in a short while to block 3 or more clients opening on one system, but multiboxing to achieve the same result will still be against the rules.

I use 3 clients to magfeed, so I take soon enough I won't be able to do that anymore...? /: Can't you just restrict it to PSO2 drop style games, so this way people can still multiclient in classic mode if they choose to mag feed, or transfer things between accounts, etc.? Or is this considered "wrong" as well...?

What's multiboxing?

Nope, I mean strictly speaking you shouldn't really need to be doing that. You can still boot 2 clients for any multiclienting purposes, but you won't be able to boot 3 or more.

Multiboxing is just using more than one system (which would obviously allow you to boot 4, 6, whatever clients).

Nope, I mean strictly speaking you shouldn't really need to be doing that. You can still boot 2 clients for any multiclienting purposes, but you won't be able to boot 3 or more.

Multiboxing is just using more than one system (which would obviously allow you to boot 4, 6, whatever clients).

I guess I fail to see what is so wrong about magfeeding with 3 clients and how it's a form of abuse. I don't "need" to do it, but it certainly makes it easier and less of a hassle.

About multiboxing, my wife and I play with each other, this means we are using 2 different machines using the same IP address. I sometimes boot 2 clients so I can use another character on another account to create games of a certain section ID. This means 3 clients are opened using the same IP address. Are we going to get punished for this? At the end of the day, whether we are in the same household or two people in different countries, it's the same difference...

You're not going to get banned for any of that stuff.

Blocking more than 2 clients is simply so that it isn't as easy to be able to make games with 3 or 4 characters to be able to abuse PSO2 drops alone. We're not tracking what you do or anything like that (well everything is being logged), so having 2 people on the same IP and a third account for making ID games is very whatever. As long as you aren't obviously abusing PSO2 drops on your own, it doesn't matter.

It's also easy to tell whether a game is the same person 3~4 times, or if it's just different people on the same IP playing together.

As for only blocking multiple clients in PSO2 games, I am pretty sure there is no way to really do that. Doing it by IP would potentially fuck up siblings / roommates / partners / etc, and I'm not entirely sure the server is tracking anything else.

When it comes to 3 clients, I apologise that this changes things for you, but we have to do it due to certain players unfairly profiting by using PSO2 drops to their advantage.

Last edited:
After talking with others, we can implement a more eloquent solution anyway (which does exactly as you ask; multiple clients in a PSO2 game will only receive one drop), so that will probably get implemented in the future. Right now there is a temporary measure of stopping more than 2 clients loading though.

Yaaay, awesome!! Thanks Matt! :D

My wife and I will be fine though, correct? We will have separate drops and it won't be IP based?

Correct, only if HWInfo matches too (Which is hardware).

Back