Disconnect when beating boss?

scoobles81

Had something very strange happen to me last night/this morning. I had started a new HC seasonal character, and was playing through the forest levels without missions/quests (just standard play). I had worked my way completely through and arrived at the dragon, but was so low-level that it took me nearly 30 minutes to beat him. The *moment* I beat the dragon, the client threw a disconnection error and I was thrown back to the main login page. Upon logging in, I find that my new character is completely deleted!

What might have happened? I can't even consider playing, if I'm worried about my characters being randomly deleted. If this might have been a side-effect of a strange disconnection on a HC or seasonal character let me know so I can avoid HC until this sort of thing is resolved.

Sounds like the Dragon fell on you during its death animation and killed you.

This ^

The dragon can still damage you during that cutscene, same with Gol dragon (in ep2), if it falls ontop of you. And as a Hardcore character when you die it gives you this disconnect message instantly and wipes your character.

oh no D: sorry that's a bummer.

sucks to find out the hard way, but at least you didn't find out this way much, much later.

You make good points! That must've been what happened. I didn't realize that the "you're dead" action was to disconnect, but I suppose it makes sense. And, I did make the choice to play hardcore after all. Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Back