Disable Pad Buttons?

Cyb3r_ZER0

Guildcard
I recently bought an adapter and started playing around with a Gamecube Controller. As I was messing around with xpadder to config the buttons to my liking, I ran into the issue where the game registers both inputs from the game's settings together with my xpadder profile. PSO being an old game doesn't offer a disable option. I would like to use the pad's analog movement with keyboard commands mapped so I was wondering if there was something I can modify outside of the game to disable or whatever solution there is to make this happen.

I guess I could stop being lazy and finally make a trainer for this. You have to map shit to buttons that don't exist (eg: if you have a 10 button controller, then you map shit to button 11, button 12, button 13, etc)

You mean this menu?
I wish I could disable '' some of those spots also.

I literally took a pic cuz I was gonna make topic also.

Yes make trainer plz

Attachments

• NONE MENU.png
    NONE MENU.png
    811.7 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Yes, that very menu. Doesn't feel so great when my C-Stick is super sensitive since it recognizes up and down twice.

I haven't checked anything regarding to the game pad but I assume this is the same as the keyboard config.
I'll see if I can give it a shot in the next few days and see what I find.

Edit:
Decided to do this stuff rather soon since I can use it to make some new structures in the server to have it documented.
The joystick config is fairly simple... the info to make a program to edit it is on this pastebin http://pastebin.com/q1Vz3LAu
You can't use CE since the game closes as soon as it finds it... making some C/C# program should be easy enough.

Last edited:
I haven't checked anything regarding to the game pad but I assume this is the same as the keyboard config.
I'll see if I can give it a shot in the next few days and see what I find.

Edit:
Decided to do this stuff rather soon since I can use it to make some new structures in the server to have it documented.
The joystick config is fairly simple... the info to make a program to edit it is on this pastebin http://pastebin.com/q1Vz3LAu
You can't use CE since the game closes as soon as it finds it... making some C/C# program should be easy enough.

On this note: "// Setting to an invalid value seems to work but might break things"

The only way you break things (that I know of) is by setting 2 functions to the same invalid button. This causes the keyboard keys to potentially overlap as well.

I just set one to FFFFFFFF and everything was acting strange... keyboard arrows and the gamepad itself... so idk...
I don't even use gamepad so I have no intention of checking why or how to prevent it, but there is the info if people want to mess with it.

I just set one to FFFFFFFF and everything was acting strange... keyboard arrows and the gamepad itself... so idk...
I don't even use gamepad so I have no intention of checking why or how to prevent it, but there is the info if people want to mess with it.

Oh. Yeah I've only ever tried setting it to buttons that don't exist.

I tried setting both menu buttons to "button 14" and then my F12 menu button would make the "confirm" noise every time I opened or closed my menu with it. I had to set them to different buttons ("button 13" and "button 14")

I'm guessing that SEGA linked the gamepad and keyboard settings somehow (WHYYYYYY). It's like Riot-Games-tier spaghetti code.

I'll maybe try and make a trainer within a week. Only reason I haven't is because I didn't wanna copy/paste some random stranger's code and not understand it (because I don't normally use C++). That and I'm lazy.

Is there any chance of invalid values getting people banned? Or can I be super lazy with the trainer and just let people put whatever they want?

You shouldn't even need other people's code and just examples to learn how to do it... doesn't have to be C or C++...
In C# you can use PInvoke, in Java you can use JNA.

I don't think soda monitors this data (I could be wrong).
The data is not used server side so you theoretically should be able to set whatever you want... if it fucks up, it will fuck up in the client.

Did anything ever break if you set multiple crucial buttons to "0" (NONE)?

I did very ghetto hard-coding in my trainer so I couldn't include that anyway. But I might in the future if it doesn't break anything.

I recently bought an adapter and started playing around with a Gamecube Controller. As I was messing around with xpadder to config the buttons to my liking, I ran into the issue where the game registers both inputs from the game's settings together with my xpadder profile. PSO being an old game doesn't offer a disable option. I would like to use the pad's analog movement with keyboard commands mapped so I was wondering if there was something I can modify outside of the game to disable or whatever solution there is to make this happen.

Hi here is PSO Button changer. Depending on how many buttons your controller has, it will let you disable 4-6 buttons (the README explains it). If this is not sufficient for your needs, let me know. I'm not sure if the other method breaks the game or not, but I know for sure THIS method does not.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7AFeU2Alxr_YklUblJKUUlUbkk/view?usp=sharing

well looks like i'm not needed afterall.
skylar managed to duct-tape something together with TWENTY BUILDS

When I follow your read me and ''run button 14.exe as administrator'' I get the error ''vcruntime140.dll is missing''.

Is because of the compiler.
Either way people will (probably) need it at some point.

you can build the dependency into the application. It's what i did for my pso things

Back