Direct X (?) Issues

Caustify

My game has crashed about five times today. When it does, I get a message about some kind of Direct X failure. I haven't had any issues previous to this.

Can you get a screen (or quote) of the error?

Got it again before I read your reply. States something like "Error Direct 3D can no longer run. PSOBB will now close." Just did the DEP fix as well to see if that does anything. If i get the error again Ill screenshot it.

upload_2017-7-11_7-42-25.png

I assume.

This occurs when focus is lost from PSOBB, from things like desktop dimming or Ctrl-Alt-Del. You most likely have something doing this, although I couldn't tell you what.

I've never had that happen in windowed mode. Usually it happened when I was in classic fullscreen and alt+tabbed out of habit.

I only downloaded chrome after I read about firefox issues. Prior to that picture, I was using Firefox. :/

I only downloaded chrome after I read about firefox issues. Prior to that picture, I was using Firefox. :/

Both use the hardware acceleration by default. Apart from that, I dunno what could cause your problem.

Reinstalled and it worked for about an hour. Got desperate and did a factory restore, reinstalled all my drivers and re download again. Made it half way through a POD. Is there anything else that can be done? Also the odd thing I noticed was it didn't start doing this until my power went while I was playing on Monday.

Last edited:
Back