De Rol Le Boss HP Bar Bug/Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rygol

Guildcard
Me and my friends partied up this week, Wednesday 09/26/2018, and when we fought the boss the HP bar did not move in terms of damage we were outputting on De Rol Le. It happened again last night to my friends when they went to clear the caves boss again on their own. Just wanted to make sure this was reported to the admins.

Doesn’t work for De Rol. Known issue. Most likely won’t be fixed.

Is it a programming issue with the game where it isn't communicating the damage received to the game models health attribute or an in game gui issue where the game doesn't want to update the hp bar appropriately? Just curious.

If you get the source code for me, I could probably figure that out for you.

Reactions: CTB
The HP bar is an original debugging feature of the game. You are not supposed to be using it, and it doesn't work for every enemy. For instance, you can also only see Vol Opt 2's core HP, and not the HP of his parts.

afaik Ultima also has HP bars, and probably have the same issue.

Yeah but Sega did not have the issue so underneath this problem is the community server designers do not understand the app and protocol entirely. It's only partial server emulation..

So this is another bug unique to the ephinea server code..
I think you’re the one who probably doesn’t get it.

The bars never existed on any version of PSO played on the SEGA servers or even offline play for that matter. The bars were an unused development mode only feature of the client that could be turned on only through code manipulation.

The HP bar isn’t even a “server code” feature and is ENTIRELY client sided, meaning the code is running EXACTLY how it would have ran when SEGA would have turned it on for debugging purposes during development of PSO.

This is not an Ephinea “bug” and it’s simply turning on a feature that was purposefully turned off by the original developers to begin with.

If it bothers you or anyone else, just turn off the damn bars as they aren’t a part of the normal PSO experience to begin with and stop trying to be a know-it-all when you know jack shit.

Sodaboy dont tell me I dont know jack shit your users the one who said Sega had HP bars, but did not explain it clearly. I asked "did Sega have this HP server bar problem?" User reported "no." Of course he meant to say "Sega servers never had HP bars enabled at all.. this is a hack to the game by ephinea so of course it barely works."

Try being nicer to your users. You are violent and lashing out at people for no cause.

The reason to ask did Sega server have a problem is because these community servers have small glitches and differences all over some of which never happened on the official server. I was just curious if this were another issue like that as I noticed it too.

For example the official Sega server had Red Ring and Parasite Gene Flow enabled on the Japanese server during the final days. But Sodaboy coded the game based on GameCube code, and had Red Ring and such disabled at first. It is common to find things out of place sometimes and to wonder about it. After Sodaboy did a community vote, he found out Sega officially did allow the bosses to drop these items, and allowed users to vote to turn the drops on even though Vanilla PSOBB already had them on.

There are other differences and of course each version of PSO is different, but for example Ephinea does not have Mags revive users upon death on occasion, but previous versions of PSO did. Which versions I dont know but DC ver1 did allow this at least. Did official PSOBB tho? Unknown as the server is gone. But for sure that is one feature some users wish was still around for the original PSO feel.

Last edited:
Sodaboy dont tell me I dont know jack shit your users the one who said Sega had HP bars, but did not explain it clearly. I asked "did Sega have this HP server bar problem?" User reported "no." Of course he meant to say "Sega servers never had HP bars enabled at all.. this is a hack to the game by ephinea so of course it barely works."

Try being nicer to your users. You are violent and lashing out at people for no cause.

The reason to ask did Sega server have a problem is because these community servers have small glitches and differences all over some of which never happened on the official server. I was just curious if this were another issue like that as I noticed it too.

For example the official Sega server had Red Ring and Parasite Gene Flow enabled on the Japanese server during the final days. But Sodaboy coded the game based on GameCube code, and had Red Ring and such disabled at first. It is common to find things out of place sometimes and to wonder about it. After Sodaboy did a community vote, he found out Sega officially did allow the bosses to drop these items, and allowed users to vote to turn the drops on even though Vanilla PSOBB already had them on.

There are other differences and of course each version of PSO is different, but for example Ephinea does not have Mags revive users upon death on occasion, but previous versions of PSO did. Which versions I dont know but DC ver1 did allow this at least. Did official PSOBB tho? Unknown as the server is gone. But for sure that is one feature some users wish was still around for the original PSO feel.

Well, I'm sorry for confusing you; but aleron did mention the debugging in the code a few posts earlier, so I didn't feel the need to elaborate on that. As for revival, this has never worked on blue burst servers because it was an offline feature (bb being 100% online).

Well, I'm sorry for confusing you; but aleron did mention the debugging in the code a few posts earlier, so I didn't feel the need to elaborate on that. As for revival, this has never worked on blue burst servers because it was an offline feature (bb being 100% online).
Yeah I was a DC ver.1 player. Cannot find a reference anywhere online that mags casting reverser only occurred offline. I swear my mag would cast reverser whether online or off ..
Never really played the game offline either so pretty sure all my memory is online mode.
The guides online do not have any sort of documentation about it being online or offline only.
The guides state "mags cast reverser upon characters death."
The old guides even state the resta, and s/d PBs revive the player but then some forum posts say only S/D do.

Without having Segas servers up one cannot even test this most likely. But regardless the feature seems like a must have for mags if it can be turned on or modified back in. Just the idea of a random reverser is sort of fun as I recall enjoying having my mag revive me on occasion.

it seems like resta PB is underpowered if it does not do reverser as well - because no one needs resta usually. The good news is DC ver.1 did not allow simultaneous twins and resta PBs in chained PBs, which was changed in later versions. Personally because we can choose how it works - through coding - I preferred resta PB to reverser as well - unless already set up this way.

Last edited:
'bout to be immature AF in this reply.

Sodaboy dont tell me I dont know jack shit your users the one who said Sega had HP bars, but did not explain it clearly
Yo, I can tell you whatever I want. Are you going to stop me somehow?

Of course he meant to say "Sega servers never had HP bars enabled at all.. this is a hack to the game by ephinea so of course it barely works."
You're still not getting it. This isn't a "hack to the game by Ephinea". The HP bars code was developed and already in the client. Think of it as being disabled by having a 0 and we just set the 0 to a 1 to display them. Not quite hacking, it's just flipping a switch to code already made by SEGA.

None of you are "my" users. I don't own any of you. I simply put up a server and you came to play on it. I don't claim any of you.

Also, violent? I haven't even begun to bash your face in, bro. These are just words on the Internet.

Also, I don't have to act in any sort of way on here. I don't need to be nice, professional or anything like that. I've never claimed to be a professional or that Ephinea is even professionally managed. It's just a server I work on and help develop and run.

This isn't my job, I don't get paid to be here. I do it as a hobby. But as far as my behavior, I don't answer to anyone nor should I.

When you saunter up in here saying "So this is another bug unique to the ephinea server code..", that kind of pisses me off because you're speaking like an expert on the matter and making it sound like Ephinea is riddled with bugs.

You go on to run your mouth and say "underneath this problem is the community server designers do not understand the app and protocol entirely. It's only partial server emulation.."

We understand the app and protocol a lot, actually, fuck you very much. There are a lot of things we could go about changing and fixing, but due to the fact we only have disassembled source code, binaries, and things that aren't as easy to work with as, say, the original C source code, it does make things harder.

So, I would say to you, before you go on stating what we know, what we don't know, how shit should be, what is a bug or not, learn some stuff on your own. Maybe write your own server code or what have you before you spout off about just how well we understand things.

Since the topic of De Rol's HP bar has already been addressed here and why it behaves as it does. I'm going to do the even more immature thing and lock the topic in order to get the last word.

P.S. Suck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back